Digital TV Malaysia v2, Malaysian Digital Terrestrial TV

views

coolguy_0925
post Jul 28 2020, 05:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,686 posts

Hi Pals

I just got myself on hand of the mytv decoder and tried to setup but failed

I connected it to the previous antenna used for analogue viewing and the only difference is directly to the antenna without booster (I ditched it after analogue was switched off)

First few auto search resulted with no channel being detected and only today there was once a few channels was shown detected

But again, when came to viewing it shows no signal

Most probably because of weak signal? And what can I do to improve this? If adjusting the antenna then GG because it is on the rooftop bangwall.gif
coolguy_0925
post Aug 7 2020, 12:31 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,686 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Jul 28 2020, 06:08 PM)
First of all, what's your area (city and state)? Take photo of your outdoor antenna and show it here.

It's good that you remove the booster, but did you remove the masthead amplifier too? Masthead amplifier also known as the outdoor unit of the booster:
user posted image

Yes, I'm referring to that "Outdoor booster". Is it still there? You might wanna go out and check  sweat.gif
If it's still there, then it must be removed too.
And then, the cable must be connected directly to the antenna's input and does not passes through the outdoor unit of the booster.
Thanks for your reply

Mine looks exactly like the one in the photo, VHF and UHF with the masthead / outdoor booster

My area is receiving broadcast from Bt. Tampin station

Unfortunately, the antenna is too high (rooftop of double storey) for me to remove cable from masthead and connect directly to the antenna

Guess I will have to depend on unifi tv for local tvs

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0932sec    0.13    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:07 AM