Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Recommend me a water jet / pressure wash, for car wash..

views

TSeddie2020
post Sep 26 2019, 10:07 PM, updated 5y ago

Trusted
3,083 posts

Hi Guys,

Become lazy to do carwash lately bcz i wash use 1-2hr normally...
I think water jet can save my time and use lesser water..
My budget not much around 200, what should i get?

I saw some K2 karcher model and heard alot ppl said the quality become bad recently..
There is also some brand like apacher and bossman in lazada which the price really attractive..

K2
https://www.lazada.com.my/products/karcher-...1036090866.html?

Daewoo
https://www.lazada.com.my/products/promotio...aIqDrN&search=1
not bad with foam noozle i think.. but 6 month warranty.

Apache 2 years warranty but need buy nozzle for foam some people comment said the nozzle not fit etc
https://www.lazada.com.my/products/designed...EMO8u2&search=1

Please comment if you guys use this thing..
Which lance is good for car? I worried use wrong nozzle and too powerfull and peel off my paint...
My car only 2 years but my hood got some small pill off for paint (should be hit by rock or sand in highway)
Kindly advise and let me know model, price, lance you use and do you use the noozle for foam?

Thank alot thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

Zaire.Ver
post Sep 26 2019, 10:19 PM

Getting Started
245 posts

Rm200 can last u 20 months of wash at rm10 cash wash per month.
Cheaper, easier...
And that cheap pressure wash might not last that long though
TSeddie2020
post Sep 27 2019, 12:10 AM

Trusted
3,083 posts

QUOTE(Zaire.Ver @ Sep 26 2019, 10:19 PM)
Rm200 can last u 20 months of wash at rm10 cash wash per month.
Cheaper, easier...
And that cheap pressure wash might not last that long though
I don't prefer wash by other.. And those cloth their using ewww.. And also might leave scratches..

That's why asking anyone use those pressure? Lazada review show like thousand of them purchase so I wonder anyone here purchase before
IamAHuman
post Sep 27 2019, 06:14 AM

Casual
339 posts

Is your car super dirty? With mud? If not, why do you need jet spray?

The purpose of the pressure washer is to remove those dirt effectively before starting your wash.

If your car is not very dirty, just use normal pressure from the tap to loosen those dirt.

I have a pressure washer but rarely use it coz it’ll take more time for me to wash the car with it. Why? Well, you’ll need to know that you’ll have to take it out and set it. That’ll take perhaps 5-10 mins? After that, another 5 - 10 mins to store it away. Unless my car is really filthy (which is very very rare), then only I’ll use the pressure washer.

Other times, normal wash would do. So far, No problem with my cars’ paint etc.
unitron
post Sep 27 2019, 08:58 AM

W1(R)3d
2,718 posts

QUOTE(eddie2020 @ Sep 26 2019, 10:07 PM)

Which lance is good for car? I worried use wrong nozzle and too powerfull and peel off my paint...
My car only 2 years but my hood got some small pill off for paint (should be hit by rock or sand in highway)
Kindly advise and let me know model, price, lance you use and do you use the noozle for foam?

Thank alot thumbup.gif  thumbup.gif
I got a Karcher, used it a couple of times and sold it... didn't like it because no wheels, you have to carry it everytime you move to a different spot.
Got another pressure washer, an Italian brand (can't remember name) last year... until today still sitting in the box, never opened.

I found using the garden hose good enough... using pressure washer, need to manage electric cable, garden hose, and pressure washer hose.
Slowing down rather than speeding up the car washing job.

If the pressure washer can peel off your paint.. then your paint not good enough in the first place.
For it to be possible, you probably need 3 things to happen... 1) Bad paint job, 2) hold the lance super close, 3) hold it in that position for a long time.

My advise... if your garden hose pressure good enough, don't bother getting a pressure washer.
Long ago i also thought it was a good idea... but in 7 years of owning pressure washer, i use it like 5 times at most.
Johnnycartoon
post Sep 27 2019, 11:39 AM

Casual
333 posts

Have any1 tried foam lance for garden hose? my water pressure is not bad just not sure if those foam lance really need very high pressure to work
rcracer
post Sep 27 2019, 11:48 AM

?????
3,743 posts

karcher k2 is quite robust , used many years

now I have k4 premium with 10m extension hose , so the unit stays in one place hose long enough to go all around without need to move it
TSeddie2020
post Sep 27 2019, 09:53 PM

Trusted
3,083 posts

QUOTE(IamAHuman @ Sep 27 2019, 06:14 AM)

The purpose of the pressure washer is to remove those dirt effectively before starting your wash.

If your car is not very dirty, just use normal pressure from the tap to loosen those dirt.

I have a pressure washer but rarely use it coz it’ll take more time for me to wash the car with it. Why? Well, you’ll need to know that you’ll have to take it out and set it. That’ll take perhaps 5-10 mins? After that, another 5 - 10 mins to store it away. Unless my car is really filthy (which is very very rare), then only I’ll use the pressure washer.

Sometimes kinda dusty la cz I park nearby highway in work area

QUOTE(unitron @ Sep 27 2019, 08:58 AM)
I got a Karcher, used it a couple of times and sold it... didn't like it because no wheels, you have to carry it everytime you move to a different spot.
Got another pressure washer, an Italian brand (can't remember name) last year... until today still sitting in the box, never opened.

I found using the garden hose good enough... using pressure washer, need to manage electric cable, garden hose, and pressure washer hose.

If the pressure washer can peel off your paint.. then your paint not good enough in the first place.
For it to be possible, you probably need 3 things to happen... 1) Bad paint job, 2) hold the lance super close, 3) hold it in that position for a long time.

My advise... if your garden hose pressure good enough, don't bother getting a pressure washer.
Long ago i also thought it was a good idea... but in 7 years of owning pressure washer, i use it like 5 times at most.
Which Lance you use... My pressure still ok la but cannot shoot out the dust
budang
post Sep 27 2019, 11:26 PM

Enthusiast
960 posts

QUOTE(eddie2020 @ Sep 26 2019, 10:07 PM)
Hi Guys,

Become lazy to do carwash lately bcz i wash use 1-2hr normally...
I think water jet can save my time and use lesser water..
My budget not much around 200, what should i get?

I saw some K2 karcher model and heard alot ppl said the quality become bad recently..
There is also some brand like apacher and bossman in lazada which the price really attractive..

K2
https://www.lazada.com.my/products/karcher-...1036090866.html?

Daewoo
https://www.lazada.com.my/products/promotio...aIqDrN&search=1
not bad with foam noozle i think.. but 6 month warranty.

Apache  2 years warranty but need buy nozzle for foam some people comment said the nozzle not fit etc
https://www.lazada.com.my/products/designed...EMO8u2&search=1

Thank alot thumbup.gif  thumbup.gif
If you think pressure washer can save time, withdraw that idea.

I have a black decker jet washer at home and other than jet cleaning the car porch, I find the idea of using it for car wash really redundant. It saved non of my time.

You first have to assemble it, and after using you have to dismantle the parts and dry the water left in the pipes and keep the cables & pipes (really long pipes). And the water pressure is too strong to be useful for car wash, I prefer the water pressure from my normal hose.

It served me for the first one or two car wash and after that it was left at the corner to rot. Mind you it's not cheap too and if you divide the price to how many times you would actually use it, I think it's best to drop the idea of buying one.

Probably useful for cleaning your yards & porch but not your car.
Captain89
post Sep 28 2019, 12:09 AM

Simple person
3,056 posts

QUOTE(IamAHuman @ Sep 27 2019, 06:14 AM)

Not really, I use water jet to wash components below the car and inner surface (dk how to explain) surrounding four tyres. You never know tyres pick up rocks/muds and stick to inner surface surrounding. Normal water pressure cannot remove it, still can feel like rough layers. So, water jet come in handy.
TSeddie2020
post Sep 28 2019, 12:50 AM

Trusted
3,083 posts

QUOTE(budang @ Sep 27 2019, 11:26 PM)

I have a black decker jet washer at home and other than jet cleaning the car porch, I find the idea of using it for car wash really redundant. It saved non of my time.

You first have to assemble it, and after using you have to dismantle the parts and dry the water left in the pipes and keep the cables & pipes (really long pipes). And the water pressure is too strong to be useful for car wash, I prefer the water pressure from my normal hose.

It served me for the first one or two car wash and after that it was left at the corner to rot. Mind you it's not cheap too and if you divide the price to how many times you would actually use it, I think it's best to drop the idea of buying one.

Hmmm quite a number giving same comment.. Maybe I shall drop the idea... I just wondering to fit it all take so long? Cause normally I wash car use near an hr.. If including wax then 2 hr.. I thought water jet can clean in less than 15min lol.. Or maximum 30min..
QUOTE(Captain89 @ Sep 28 2019, 12:09 AM)
Not really, I use water jet to wash components below the car and inner surface (dk how to explain) surrounding four tyres. You never know tyres pick up rocks/muds and stick to inner surface surrounding. Normal water pressure cannot remove it, still can feel like rough layers. So, water jet come in handy.
Underneath? But also hard to shoot.. If near tyre is easier but those under chassis if only u jack up your car
Par@dox
post Sep 28 2019, 08:30 AM

Gantzer
1,217 posts

QUOTE(unitron @ Sep 27 2019, 08:58 AM)

I have a similar experience. Bought a K5 Karcher and it's nice to use and powerful. But it's heavy and a hassle to set up. To the OP, if you want to get a pressure washer, do consider size and mobility as well. A small and light one should be sufficient for car wash purposes.. although like others have recommended, if you have decent water pressure at your home, just use the garden hose.

unitron
post Sep 30 2019, 09:27 AM

W1(R)3d
2,718 posts

Yeah... exactly.... good for some fun time and cleaning porch and drain for CNY / Hari Raya
Juggerballz
post Feb 11 2020, 05:26 PM

Casual
333 posts

I bought the Apache HM4411 during Flash Sale (RM169.95) and it's working wonders...been using it weekly for about 3 months now. NO complaints la for the price...
abubin
post Feb 11 2020, 05:34 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

QUOTE(Juggerballz @ Feb 11 2020, 05:26 PM)
I bought the Apache HM4411 during Flash Sale (RM169.95) and it's working wonders...been using it weekly for about 3 months now. NO complaints la for the price...
I got this too during 11.11 sale. Also got the more expensive foam cannon. Works great with creating foam.

However, you must get an extension hose because the default is only like 2m which is not enough. Thus needing to move the unit about. With extension hose you don't need to move the pump around. The hose will be long enough to reach the whole car. Using water jet is better in cleaning car with less water. I have since invested another rm150+ to buy accessories and longer hose.
dudester
post Feb 11 2020, 05:40 PM

Enthusiast
811 posts

if you are particular about car wash cloth, you should be worried about using a jet spray for your car. Most car wash today practice using different cloth for different parts.

Anyway, you probably get decent pressure by adding a water pump like Grundfos to your house and channel it to garden hose. And you get a nice shower too. Apartment too bad.
otnuus
post Feb 11 2020, 06:34 PM

Casual
377 posts

QUOTE(unitron @ Sep 30 2019, 09:27 AM)
Yeah... exactly.... good for some fun time and cleaning porch and drain for CNY / Hari Raya
Exactly how I use my Bosch Aquatak. Bought it to clean new house. Then once a year wash car porch. Quality is good, can pump non stop for over 30 minutes the motor still running smooth no overheat.
Juggerballz
post Feb 14 2020, 09:13 AM

Casual
333 posts

QUOTE(abubin @ Feb 11 2020, 05:34 PM)
I got this too during 11.11 sale. Also got the more expensive foam cannon. Works great with creating foam.

However, you must get an extension hose because the default is only like 2m which is not enough. Thus needing to move the unit about. With extension hose you don't need to move the pump around. The hose will be long enough to reach the whole car. Using water jet is better in cleaning car with less water. I have since invested another rm150+ to buy accessories and longer hose.
The hose is actually 3.2 meters. Yeah I got the 5m extension hose too! Now works great. Actually I don't mind spending alittle bit more for the accessories, just make sure it fits the machine and it works fine!

Btw, I saw some Apache billboards on PLUS HIGHWAY. Wow I think they must be doing well...
Jayi
post Feb 15 2020, 10:27 AM

Regular Lurker
969 posts

Mid last year I was very tempted to get K2.360 but end up didnt pull the trigger

Actually why need dismantle after every use? cannot just leave the whole setup so next time use much more convenient?
And how much pressure is categorized as too strong for car wash?

QUOTE(Par@dox @ Sep 28 2019, 08:30 AM)
I have a similar experience. Bought a K5 Karcher and it's nice to use and powerful. But it's heavy and a hassle to set up. To the OP,  if you want to get a pressure washer,  do consider size and mobility as well. A small and light one should be sufficient for car wash purposes.. although like others have recommended, if you have decent water pressure at your home, just use the garden hose.
The K5 has wheels, thought should be quite mobilize wor
Par@dox
post Feb 15 2020, 12:55 PM

Gantzer
1,217 posts

QUOTE(Jayi @ Feb 15 2020, 10:27 AM)
Mid last year I was very tempted to get K2.360 but end up didnt pull the trigger
Actually why need dismantle after every use? cannot just leave the whole setup so next time use much more convenient?
And how much pressure is categorized as too strong for car wash?
The K5 has wheels, thought should be quite mobilize wor
Yeah, but at times, you still need to lug it around, like for example, I want to use it to wash my upstairs bathrooms, or my balcony.

6 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0206sec    0.14    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:42 AM