Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Nfc Payments

views

TSDogeGamingPRO
post Sep 16 2019, 11:42 AM, updated 5y ago

Getting Started
69 posts

With more mid range phones getting nfc these days, and basically most terminals upgraded to support contactless, I wonder why they are all pushing towards qr payments but no progress in nfc payments.

Samsung Pay only for Samsung users, I think a lot of them quite enjoy the feature, seems like a good enough example for others to follow.

MaybankPay haven't been updated in ages, can't support Android 9 and above. They just added mastercard support for Samsung pay but can't bother to add to their own app and update it.

Google Pay not in Malaysia yet, if Samsung pay can get the banks to work with them why can't Google, unless Samsung got some exclusivity thing with them which I think is dumb if true, probably not though

Only Cimb pay kinda working, but seems like they pushing more qr payments recently as well.

I really think that nfc payments if promoted correctly can pick up a lot of steam, a lot of people don't even know their phone got nfc and what it's used for.

Maybe BigPay can get it done? Hopefully some time soon.

Feel free to leave your thoughts too.
qsub
post Sep 16 2019, 11:57 AM

Getting Started
94 posts

Cash still king....
12kevin
post Sep 16 2019, 11:15 PM

Getting Started
53 posts

Not easy to ask people to accept new thing.Maybe step by step?haha
Thebestscammer
post Jan 15 2020, 04:46 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

QUOTE(12kevin @ Sep 16 2019, 11:15 PM)
Not easy to ask people to accept new thing.Maybe step by step?haha
this is the biggest challenge any society will face. its very very very hard to get people to change. people tend to have the mindset, if its working, don't bother fixing it. which lead to a very stagnant growth in any industry.

It sucks that nfc payment wont grow here but it prolly due to the big players who introduced e-wallet blocking all attempt to introduce nfc payment. even the banks now chosed to go the ewallet route so really there is not a chance we will see nfc payments unless somehow all ewallet companies got hacked and really messed up everyone's finance. then maybe nfc payment can play a role.

sucks coz i prefer nfc payments over these ewallets. but our CC also have grabage tier rewards so really we are all just caveman preferring to use cash...
laymank
post Jan 17 2020, 09:25 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,217 posts

QUOTE(DogeGamingPRO @ Sep 16 2019, 11:42 AM)
With more mid range phones getting nfc these days, and basically most terminals upgraded to support contactless, I wonder why they are all pushing towards qr payments but no progress in nfc payments.

Samsung Pay only for Samsung users, I think a lot of them quite enjoy the feature, seems like a good enough example for others to follow.

MaybankPay haven't been updated in ages, can't support Android 9 and above. They just added mastercard support for Samsung pay but can't bother to add to their own app and update it.

Google Pay not in Malaysia yet, if Samsung pay can get the banks to work with them why can't Google, unless Samsung got some exclusivity thing with them which I think is dumb if true, probably not though

Only Cimb pay kinda working, but seems like they pushing more qr payments recently as well.

I really think that nfc payments if promoted correctly can pick up a lot of steam, a lot of people don't even know their phone got nfc and what it's used for.

Maybe BigPay can get it done? Hopefully some time soon.

Feel free to leave your thoughts too.
Well, you have said it yourself. NFC are not available in every smart phone.
From a business perspective, they always target the mass crowd rather than some of the crowd, wherever possible. In line with such thinking, QR makes more sense than NFC.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0132sec    0.60    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:09 PM