Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

High-end water filters, are those necessary?

views

TSbabybobby
post Sep 11 2019, 09:28 PM, updated 5y ago

Getting Started
90 posts

With all the promo and sales nowadays, it's not unlikely every household having a basic filtration system. Some even go for a better filter unit with flexible payment scheme.

I've been wondering, are those expensive water filters all that necessary? Because imo no matter how best it is, it's still tap water. Can it really be better than natural spring/underground water since i'm only drinking mineral water?
ReaperX
post Sep 11 2019, 09:30 PM

U can be the moon but still be jealous of the stars.
864 posts

Placebo effect
4Rings
post Sep 14 2019, 03:11 PM

Lord of the Rings
1,783 posts

QUOTE(babybobby @ Sep 11 2019, 09:28 PM)
With all the promo and sales nowadays, it's not unlikely every household having a basic filtration system. Some even go for a better filter unit with flexible payment scheme.

I've been wondering, are those expensive water filters all that necessary? Because imo no matter how best it is, it's still tap water. Can it really be better than natural spring/underground water since i'm only drinking mineral water?
The filtration system is to remove impurities from the water main. I am using RO system.
TSbabybobby
post Sep 15 2019, 12:51 AM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(4Rings @ Sep 14 2019, 03:11 PM)
The filtration system is to remove impurities from the water main. I am using RO system.
I remember old times when the diamond water and alkaline purifier were being acclaimed as the good ones. They said diamond water molecules are so small that can penetrate directly into skin and the alkaline purifier has an outlet for "acidic" and "alkaline" solution. Not sure if all these really that matter.

Ya RO system perhaps more reliable and stable. Many water vending machines are using the same technology. Recent brands such as cuckoo combine both RO and mineral-rich filtration system, i think. As for my home im only using the big outdoor filter just to remove the impurities suitable for cooking. For daily fluid intake im drinking mineral water. Maybe it's just me that prefer the natural water sourced from underground. Not sure about others?
4Rings
post Sep 15 2019, 01:19 PM

Lord of the Rings
1,783 posts

QUOTE(babybobby @ Sep 15 2019, 12:51 AM)
I remember old times when the diamond water and alkaline purifier were being acclaimed as the good ones. They said diamond water molecules are so small that can penetrate directly into skin and the alkaline purifier has an outlet for "acidic" and "alkaline" solution. Not sure if all these really that matter.

Ya RO system perhaps more reliable and stable. Many water vending machines are using the same technology. Recent brands such as cuckoo combine both RO and mineral-rich filtration system, i think. As for my home im only using the big outdoor filter just to remove the impurities suitable for cooking. For daily fluid intake im drinking mineral water. Maybe it's just me that prefer the natural water sourced from underground. Not sure about others?
Yes, underground water is the best. I used to collect it by the roadside but damn, the Q was so bloody long. Hence, the RO system.

I don't believe in marketing hype. I chose RO because it is the cleanest from my understanding. I have been drinking RO water for over 2 decades.
kellyetan
post Sep 26 2019, 02:47 PM

9 posts

It's important to drink a safe drinking water. Some of the company come and service once a year but a family with 5 pax and a family with 8 pax is different volume of drinking. There's no a standard..

I'm using a water filter with monitoring system, at the same time i can share it.

Can PM me if interested to know more smile.gif
DarkNite
post Sep 27 2019, 07:00 AM

ФĻĐ ИΞШB!Ξ
All Stars
11,040 posts

QUOTE(4Rings @ Sep 15 2019, 01:19 PM)
Yes, underground water is the best. I used to collect it by the roadside but damn, the Q was so bloody long. Hence, the RO system.

I don't believe in marketing hype. I chose RO because it is the cleanest from my understanding. I have been drinking RO water for over 2 decades.
Kindly let me know if you have any health issues, bone mass structure problem and accelerate aging once you have reach 60 years, can?
I'm compiling data from people who have been drinking RO water consistently for several decades.
And before I forget, do you take any supplements to make up for the lost of trace minerals & other essential elements in the RO water?
davidletterboyz
post Sep 27 2019, 03:00 PM

Der Kaiser
4,671 posts

QUOTE(4Rings @ Sep 15 2019, 01:19 PM)

Too clean also cannot bro. Make sure you have enough mineral.
4Rings
post Oct 1 2019, 04:37 PM

Lord of the Rings
1,783 posts

QUOTE(DarkNite @ Sep 27 2019, 07:00 AM)
Kindly let me know if you have any health issues, bone mass structure problem and accelerate aging once you have reach 60 years, can?
I'm compiling data from people who have been drinking RO water consistently for several decades.
And before I forget, do you take any supplements to make up for the lost of trace minerals & other essential elements in the RO water?
Will be reaching 60 in a couple more years. I don't believe in the side effects of drinking RO water.
I don't know if I have any bone mass problem. I hike regularly 3 times a week. I can do pull up, push up with fingers and etc. Minerals in water are inorganic. Useless to our body. Plants convert inorganic minerals to colloidal form which can be utilized by our body. I am heavy on supplements not because of drinking RO water, because they are essential.

Btw, I have a friend in his 70s. He has been drinking RO for decades. No health isssue. He is still active at work. Travels back and forth to China for businesss.
rucksackchan
post Oct 19 2019, 09:40 AM

32 posts

QUOTE(davidletterboyz @ Sep 27 2019, 03:00 PM)
Too clean also cannot bro. Make sure you have enough mineral.
Does tap water got any minerals in it aside from fluoride?

QUOTE(4Rings @ Oct 1 2019, 04:37 PM)
push up with fingers
I'm a lot younger than you and I can't do that. I'm so ashamed of myself.
Arsmartina P
post Feb 6 2020, 11:54 PM

Probation
3 posts

It seems great

Kodi Lucky Patcher nox
SUSnot timid and slow
post Feb 21 2020, 11:04 AM

Getting Started
55 posts

QUOTE(laurentsmithmy @ Feb 13 2020, 10:14 AM)
bravo bro  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif
should approach you to become any water filter ambassador haha..
the water filter amabassador that i seen in ads tends to be entertainment artistes with younger age

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0125sec    0.57    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:07 AM