Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Android TVBox advice-Beelink?, Beelink vs others?

views

TSwertherist
post Jul 12 2019, 11:17 AM, updated 5y ago

Getting Started
75 posts

Hi,

I am planing to get an android tvbox within rm350 budget. I have done some research and Beelink GT1 Ultimate seems it suits my budget (around +- Rm300 on lazada). In terms of ram (3gb) and storage (32gb), looks fine. I would like to know ur opinion on the same.

Or if you can recommend any other tvbox?

And is there any shop i can go and buy beelink gt1 ultimate? Online takes arnd 1 month to receive. :/

Thanks. smile.gif
kk131
post Jul 12 2019, 11:44 AM

On my way
531 posts

QUOTE(wertherist @ Jul 12 2019, 11:17 AM)
Hi,

I am planing to get an android tvbox within rm350 budget. I have done some research and Beelink GT1 Ultimate seems it suits my budget (around +- Rm300 on lazada). In terms of ram (3gb) and storage (32gb), looks fine. I would like to know ur opinion on the same.

And is there any shop i can go and buy beelink gt1 ultimate? Online takes arnd 1 month to receive. :/

Thanks. smile.gif
Beelink have recently released a new box 'GT1 Mini 2' https://www.cnx-software.com/2019/07/06/bee...-s905x3-tv-box/ selling around USD80, I don't know how it compares to the Ultimate.
AVFAN
post Jul 12 2019, 03:19 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

Hi,

Thanks. smile.gif
gt1 ultimate is quite old s912.. check the newer models...s905x2, s905x3, s922x...

but be careful... beeelink has plenty of models, sound the same but are not... gt1 ultimate, gt1 mini, gt1 a, gt1 mini2.... confusing...

1 month? plenty of local sellers:
https://shopee.com.my/search?keyword=beelin...0gt1%20ultimate

beelink thread, ask questions there:
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4044338/+1180#bottom
TSwertherist
post Jul 13 2019, 01:13 AM

Getting Started
75 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Jul 12 2019, 03:19 PM)
gt1 ultimate is quite old s912.. check the newer models...s905x2, s905x3, s922x...

but be careful... beeelink has plenty of models, sound the same but are not... gt1 ultimate, gt1 mini, gt1 a, gt1 mini2.... confusing...

1 month? plenty of local sellers:
https://shopee.com.my/search?keyword=beelin...0gt1%20ultimate

beelink thread, ask questions there:
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4044338/+1180#bottom
Thanks alot for the advice. Yes, it also caught my attention. Even for i see 2 different GT1 ultimate (1 with red logo on top and another with yellow :/). and for online, i do not have the confidence to buy it. In addition, i do not have much knowledge in it and therefore, i google and got some info as much as i could.

Would you mind to advice any trustable brand (from your point of view) with 3-4 GB Ram and probably 32 GB memory (even 64 better). smile.gif

i need it for daily use to watch TV (of course to utilize the TV box this ability to the max as possible tongue.gif), download some apps as required, and maybe some light games for my 3 y.o son. Basically, my requirement is not high.

But it is difficult to find a reliable one because some reviews are about the boxes being heated due to long time use, slowness, etc.

So, yeah, i really need an advice if possible, please. smile.gif

Thanks so much.

This post has been edited by wertherist: Jul 13 2019, 01:15 AM
TSwertherist
post Jul 13 2019, 01:13 AM

Getting Started
75 posts

QUOTE(kk131 @ Jul 12 2019, 11:44 AM)
Beelink have recently released a new box 'GT1 Mini 2' https://www.cnx-software.com/2019/07/06/bee...-s905x3-tv-box/ selling around USD80, I don't know how it compares to the Ultimate.
Thanks for the heads up. Will definitely look into it. smile.gif
AVFAN
post Jul 13 2019, 10:06 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(wertherist @ Jul 13 2019, 01:13 AM)
Thanks alot for the advice. Yes, it also caught my attention. Even for i see 2 different GT1 ultimate (1 with red logo on top and another with yellow :/). and for online, i do not have the confidence to buy it. In addition, i do not have much knowledge in it and therefore, i google and got some info as much as i could.

Would you mind to advice any trustable brand (from your point of view) with 3-4 GB Ram and probably 32 GB memory (even 64 better). smile.gif

i need it for daily use to watch TV (of course to utilize the TV box this ability to the max as possible tongue.gif), download some apps as required, and maybe some light games for my 3 y.o son. Basically, my requirement is not high.

But it is difficult to find a reliable one because some reviews are about the boxes being heated due to long time use, slowness, etc.

So, yeah, i really need an advice if possible, please. smile.gif

Thanks so much.
this androidtv box thing has become so varied and diverse in terms of hardware, support, capabilities, features and price that it is impossible to say what suits a user best without knowing what he wants.

a rm120 box may do everything for one user while a rm1000 one may not be able to do something desired.

so, it all depends on what u want it to do.

if u r a beginner, not looking for high grade video or audio, just basic online streaming, u may wanna start with a rm100-120 box like tanix tx3mini 2+16gb.
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4722095/+280

when u know more about such boxes, u can then get a better, more expensive one.

a 3 or 4 + 32 or 64 gb is better only for some heavy stuff or to install 1000 apps.

i have not used beelink but was interested in the GT1-A until a trusted source says it can't do astro go.
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4044338/+1180

himedia Q10pro or minix u9h at rm500-600 are among the most capable boxes but may not be great choices now as they are >3 years old, android7 or 6.

really, i myself have been looking for a replacement box but haven't found the right one... so, i use what i have now and wait a bit longer.

This post has been edited by AVFAN: Jul 13 2019, 10:07 AM
TSwertherist
post Jul 13 2019, 10:38 AM

Getting Started
75 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Jul 13 2019, 10:06 AM)
this androidtv box thing has become so varied and diverse in terms of hardware, support, capabilities, features and price that it is impossible to say what suits a user best without knowing what he wants.

a rm120 box may do everything for one user while a rm1000 one may not be able to do something desired.

if u r a beginner, not looking for high grade video or audio, just basic online streaming, u may wanna start with a rm100-120 box like tanix tx3mini 2+16gb.

a 3 or 4 + 32 or 64 gb is better only for some heavy stuff or to install 1000 apps.

i have not used beelink but was interested in the GT1-A until a trusted source says it can't do astro go.

himedia Q10pro or minix u9h at rm500-600 are among the most capable boxes but may not be great choices now as they are >3 years old, android7 or 6.

really, i myself have been looking for a replacement box but haven't found the right one... so, i use what i have now and wait a bit longer.
Agree. I am very new to android boxes and whatever i know are from Google and it really confuses me. I am not planing to download loads of apps. As you mentioned, basic streaming. Mainly, it is for my wife and mother in law (she takes care of my son and loves watching HK/hindi movies - ghost stories, criminal, etc). I list down my requirements as below.

PREFERENCES
- FHD (No need 4K etc but if can get, well and good)
- 3-4GB RAM & 32-64GB MEMORY
- ASTRO subscription
- Able to run on 5 MHZ and not 2.4
- to have predownloaded TV apps like Terranium, Hindi movie channels, netflix, chinese/HK/Taiwan dramas and hantu movies tongue.gif or any other recommended apps that are widely used in Malaysia
- With the latest android
- after running a while, no hanging. As i read reviews, most people complain that after using the device for sometimes, it heats up and lows down
- able to play very light simple games for my 4 y.o toddler.

Just fyi. I also posted regarding this undr "Android / Other TV Box, see Page 1 first... V2" i hope this kind of duplication shoud not be an issue.

Thanks alot in advance. smile.gif

AVFAN
post Jul 13 2019, 10:52 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(wertherist @ Jul 13 2019, 10:38 AM)
Agree. I am very new to android boxes and whatever i know are from Google and it really confuses me. I am not planing to download loads of apps. As you mentioned, basic streaming. Mainly, it is for my wife and mother in law (she takes care of my son and loves watching HK/hindi movies - ghost stories, criminal, etc). I list down my requirements as below.

PREFERENCES
- ASTRO subscription
- to have predownloaded TV apps like Terranium, Hindi movie channels, netflix, chinese/HK/Taiwan dramas and hantu movies tongue.gif or any other recommended apps that are widely used in Malaysia
- after running a while, no hanging. As i read reviews, most people complain that after using the device for sometimes, it heats up and lows down

Just fyi. I also posted regarding this undr "Android / Other TV Box, see Page 1 first... V2" i hope this kind of duplication shoud not be an issue.

almost all boxes have 4k capability now.
astro... either u find and use astrogo id/pw from a friend or relative subscriber... or look for ahem sellers - illegal, won't discuss here.
when u buy the box, either at shop or online, u can ask what stuff they can do for u.
5ghz wifi is better, of course.
u want android8; android9 may be too new... some apps may not work, not sure.
overheating is problem for certain chipsets... rockchip, allwinner said to be common; amlogic is usually fine.

u can consider beelink GT King - quite some comments on it in the beelink thread.

devilaaron
post Jul 17 2019, 04:36 PM

Casual
335 posts

QUOTE(wertherist @ Jul 13 2019, 10:38 AM)

PREFERENCES
- ASTRO subscription

So did you bought the beelink at the end? Would like to know whether ATV will work with those drama and movies channel apk
aezad87
post Aug 9 2019, 03:18 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Jul 13 2019, 10:06 AM)

can you suggest me a good box?

im more to good video and sounds. my budget around 250

AVFAN
post Aug 9 2019, 04:34 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(aezad87 @ Aug 9 2019, 03:18 PM)
can you suggest me a good box?
im more to good video and sounds. my budget around 250
can't suggest anything specific since u do not describe much.

however, budget rm250... u can check up models from Tanix, Mecool, Beelink, Mibox which are popular.

do a search, there are threads on these brands which have models in that price range.
Scissorshand
post Aug 15 2019, 11:02 AM

Regular
1,516 posts

Hi,

Thanks. smile.gif
Be prepared to face the Lighthome issue with beelink, not sure if its still apparent
puchongite
post Aug 15 2019, 11:47 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
29,257 posts

QUOTE(Scissorshand @ Aug 15 2019, 11:02 AM)
Be prepared to face the Lighthome issue with beelink, not sure if its still apparent
What is the issue you had with Lighthome ? I think they have gotten everything fixed. Update your apk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m8zzvzRp3Q

SUSCandy12
post Aug 15 2019, 01:31 PM

Regular
1,878 posts

What is the main reason people buy TV boxes mostly?
To view live TV and VOD content.

You don't need a super high spec box to do all those unless you're planning to play games or extreme number crunching.

The GT1 Mini with S905X2 is more than good enough. You don't need the GT King.

officeBoy
post Aug 15 2019, 04:56 PM

Enthusiast
788 posts

Hey guys, i just got iBoteX recently to replace my previous media box ....not bad, i means using wifi and switching the channel don't see any lagging so far, and it really got a lot channel ....just bought a day, can't comment so much ...hopefully won't complain later
AVFAN
post Aug 15 2019, 05:10 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(Candy12 @ Aug 15 2019, 01:31 PM)
What is the main reason people buy TV boxes mostly?
To view live TV and VOD content.

You don't need a super high spec box to do all those unless you're planning to play games or extreme number crunching.

The GT1 Mini with S905X2 is more than good enough. You don't need the GT King.
quite true.

unless u hv special needs like fast gaming or lossless/hd audio, rm100-250 can get a fairly decent box now.

s905x2 is good one, has been well received in many boxes using it.

QUOTE(officeBoy @ Aug 15 2019, 04:56 PM)
Hey guys, i just got iBoteX recently to replace my previous media box ....not bad, i means using wifi and switching the channel don't see any lagging so far, and it really got a lot channel ....just bought a day, can't comment so much ...hopefully won't complain later
think u r referring to the ahem apps that came with the box.

for these, only time will tell... if what u paid for is worth it.
Scissorshand
post Aug 15 2019, 05:52 PM

Regular
1,516 posts

QUOTE(puchongite @ Aug 15 2019, 11:47 AM)
What is the issue you had with Lighthome ? I think they have gotten everything fixed. Update your apk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m8zzvzRp3Q
https://www.google.com/search?q=beelink+lig...mobile&ie=UTF-8

Take a pick above...
QUOTE(officeBoy @ Aug 15 2019, 04:56 PM)
Provide link pls
puchongite
post Aug 15 2019, 06:08 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
29,257 posts

QUOTE(Scissorshand @ Aug 15 2019, 05:52 PM)
My video link is dated April 2019 and you links are all older than that. Beelink did some work on fixing those issues.
Scissorshand
post Aug 15 2019, 06:12 PM

Regular
1,516 posts

QUOTE(puchongite @ Aug 15 2019, 06:08 PM)
My video link is dated April 2019 and you links are all older than that. Beelink did some work on fixing those issues.
This is what I wrote...

xdpxxx P
post Aug 20 2019, 05:16 PM

Probation
0 posts

Evpad tvbox I have used it for a while, the channels are free.It can also play games.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0166sec    0.56    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:08 PM