Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Developer ridiculous house rule

views

TSsnowyuki
post Jul 11 2019, 10:45 AM, updated 5y ago

24 posts

Hi,

I would like to ask if anyone stay in condo that is new and under developer management ( 1 year only form JMC). Currently many owner doing renovation but one ridiculous rules by the developer team is they DO NOT allow owner to do chipping and hide wire all around the unit. Only allow casing.

They claimed that if all owner do chipping and hide the wire later condo structure cannot tahan and collapse rclxub.gif although some owner claimed this is nonsense and bullshit they thought everyone is noobie is it. Some of them also have engineer background. So I am worry in this case they can/might forfeit owner deposit if the condo owner still insist do hide wiring.

TBH, buy 500k abv condo and expect owner to have casing all over the house? WTF man.
Bjorn1688
post Jul 11 2019, 11:22 AM

Regular
1,924 posts

Sounds reasonable to me.

Many condos today are built with every wall being a load bearing wall and hacking into it especially if it is done by your average bangla worker might just cause issues with it.

Also RM500k for a condo is nothing these days.

Get on with it.
Agent 45
post Jul 11 2019, 05:19 PM

Enthusiast
926 posts

my management told me that for renovation deposit have to pay 2k but only can claim back 1.5k after 6 month and the rest of 500 have to pay to management, is this normal?
TSsnowyuki
post Jul 11 2019, 05:21 PM

24 posts

QUOTE(Agent 45 @ Jul 11 2019, 05:19 PM)
my management told me that for renovation deposit have to pay 2k but only can claim back 1.5k after 6 month and the rest of 500 have to pay to management, is this normal?
Did they mention pay for what? Mine is RM2000 deposit and will deduct RM200 max for any renovation coz they help to throw the rubbish.
Agent 45
post Jul 11 2019, 05:27 PM

Enthusiast
926 posts

QUOTE(snowyuki @ Jul 11 2019, 05:21 PM)
Did they mention pay for what? Mine is RM2000 deposit and will deduct RM200 max for any renovation coz they help to throw the rubbish.
no, i will ask for details again. they just told me it has been this way all the while, deposit 2k but they will collect 500. i thought the rubbish u clear by yourself or your appointed contractor?
ifourtos
post Jul 11 2019, 05:30 PM

Regular
1,884 posts

QUOTE(snowyuki @ Jul 11 2019, 10:45 AM)
Hi,

I would like to ask if anyone stay in condo that is new and under developer management ( 1 year only form JMC). Currently many owner doing renovation but one ridiculous rules by the developer team is they DO NOT allow owner to do chipping and hide wire all around the unit. Only allow casing.

They claimed that if all owner do chipping and hide the wire later condo structure cannot tahan and collapse  rclxub.gif although some owner claimed this is nonsense and bullshit they thought everyone is noobie is it. Some of them also have engineer background. So I am worry in this case they can/might forfeit owner deposit if the condo owner still insist do hide wiring.

TBH, buy 500k abv condo and expect owner to have casing all over the house? WTF man.
No 1 BUY and OWN A Condo.
read the T&C properly.
You can NEVER OWN a CONDO, unless you buy the whole Building.

Drian
post Jul 12 2019, 09:46 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,968 posts

QUOTE(Bjorn1688 @ Jul 11 2019, 11:22 AM)
Sounds reasonable to me.

Many condos today are built with every wall being a load bearing wall and hacking into it especially if it is done by your average bangla worker might just cause issues with it.

Also RM500k for a condo is nothing these days.

Get on with it.
I find it hard to believe that they did not pad their load bearing wall calculation. There should be sufficient margin of safety even say you remove 40% of the load bearing walls.

Bjorn1688
post Jul 12 2019, 12:35 PM

Regular
1,924 posts

QUOTE(Drian @ Jul 12 2019, 09:46 AM)
I find it hard to believe that they did not pad their load bearing wall calculation. There should be sufficient margin of safety even say you remove 40% of the load bearing walls.
It isn't really about margin of safety, the problem will come up in the event everyone starts doing it. Easier to blanket ban everyone from doing it therefore no issue of this person can do it why can't I.
amduser
post Jul 12 2019, 04:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,534 posts

actually there is a depth where you can hack and hide the wires, that's how they hide the wires of those wall socket and ceiling lights wires

the concern of management is they worry some might hack the wall too deep until the load bearing wall

actually not all walls is load bearing, yard usually is not load bearing and some of the room partition is not load bearing but just brick wall

ceiling beam is probably reinforced concrete dont even think of hacking it, you can ask for the detailed building layout plan from developer or management if they have it, from there you should be able to see which is RC walls and which is brick walls

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0207sec    0.21    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:15 PM