Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

(Opinions) Choice of a Used Continental car, Opinions needed

views

TSicelemontea1001
post Jul 10 2019, 10:23 AM, updated 5y ago

1 posts

Deal all,

As the topic suggests, I wanted some opinions on a used continental cars (preferably less than 10 years) , budget around 60k+, any advise from sifus around here? Previously driving a used camry

Mostly driving in kl, new to continental cars and feel like i needed an upgrade since my car needs a lot of repairs these days.

Thanks in advance for advise.
ifourtos
post Jul 10 2019, 10:40 AM

Regular
1,884 posts

based on 2 facts :
1) You have Limited budget.
2) You asking these question, prove you are not a mechanic.

Conti car best serve in total new condition, with manuf warranty.
You have very limited budget, even want to get a conti as old as 10 years old....
You just spending money to buy trouble.

there are alot parts, and equipment inside conti there are not in Japs
when we said conti are more trouble, because they have more parts, more sensors, more functions.

1. You are not mechanics
2. You choose those HIGH RISK Model ( high maintenance, complicated parts )
3. You have limited budget.

it sounds like a very ....... idea
TSicelemontea1001
post Jul 10 2019, 10:54 AM

1 posts

Yes, criticism or advice is welcomed. I'm very new to this and would appreciate honesty over anything else.

I just wanted opinions because I've tried a few used continental cars (BMW) and found it very comfortable and nice to drive. He did warn me about the maintenance cost, so I'm not oblivious to it.

So, the budget is too low for continental cars? I've got to stick to used Japanese cars then?

This post has been edited by icelemontea1001: Jul 10 2019, 10:57 AM
xxamirul
post Jul 19 2019, 05:40 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(icelemontea1001 @ Jul 10 2019, 10:54 AM)
Yes, criticism or advice is welcomed. I'm very new to this and would appreciate honesty over anything else.

I just wanted opinions because I've tried a few used continental cars (BMW) and found it very comfortable and nice to drive. He did warn me about the maintenance cost, so I'm not oblivious to it.

So, the budget is too low for continental cars? I've got to stick to used Japanese cars then?
Well tbh he kinda got the point. But then again you have to think positive, although 2nd hand conti cars are rather expensive especially in spare parts, but then expansive spare parts usually means it can last longer "especially German made car" than the one on japs cars and if you drive smart and not "lanyak" the car too much, the conti cars can last even longer than newer Japanese car models despite old conti car. Also thats literally the reasons why some early 2000 german cars price twice higher than Japanese car example :

2001-2002 Mercedes c200 price range: RM 21000-24000

Wheres a japanese car " i take honda accord as example":

2001-2003 Honda accord price range: RM 8,800-RM14000

But then again it all comes down on how well you take care of your own car "conti or not" and how often you send to service, and the way you driving.

Just make sure when you want to buy a second hand car, check all the exterior and interior parts of the car especially the engine make sure no signs of rusting or sign of kereta potong.

jackyleo009
post Jul 31 2019, 03:42 PM

Getting Started
122 posts

Your wallet have to be thick enough to maintain a conti car. I own one before. It is endless repair. Better stick to japanese car if you have limited budget.

And as for second hand value of conti and japanese, you can't actually compare them. Because when conti is brand new, they sell a lot more expensive than a new japanese car. For example, whole new 2018 camry hybrid only cost around 220k if it is on sale at Malaysia. For the same value, what conti car you can buy? The small and compact C class also cost more than 220k.
justinyip86
post Aug 1 2019, 01:02 PM

16 posts

I think, its a myth about Japanese cars being cheaper to maintain than the conti cars, I was driving a Suzuki swift and now a f30. I feel that if you know where to buy your spare parts the price would be similar. People say BMW = banyak masuk workshop. fortunately, my car has only been once to the SC other than the regular services.
Zoo Howl
post Dec 9 2020, 11:46 PM

White Fang
1,775 posts

QUOTE(justinyip86 @ Aug 1 2019, 01:02 PM)
I think, its a myth about Japanese cars being cheaper to maintain than the conti cars, I was driving a Suzuki swift and now a f30. I feel that if you know where to buy your spare parts the price would be similar. People say BMW = banyak masuk workshop. fortunately, my car has only been once to the SC other than the regular services.
So is ur f30 a used car?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0115sec    0.24    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:34 PM