Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LYC Confinement Center, LYC Confinement Center

views

led_zep_freak
post Dec 6 2019, 04:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,231 posts

Hi guys,

My wife and baby are currently staying at LYC Confinement Center at TTDI. It's the best $$$ we have spent in the entire pregnancy. Here's why:
1) The rooms are very comfortable & well maintained
2) Food is superb, quality & variety comparable to hotel restaurant
3) Security is tight. Entrance is manned by a security guard & guest need a tag to enter the premises. Hygiene is emphasized heavily that guests must wear the provided sandals & mask, and are not allowed to touch your baby
4) 24-hour nursery is spacious and well equipped like a hospital. It is well-staffed with knowledgeable, helpful & friendly nurses. They run on shifts, so you don't you don't have to worry about them being overworked
5) Visit by pediatrician, gynecologist & lactation consultant to ensure your baby is healthy, mummy is recovering & able to breastfeed

Before our baby was delivered, I couldn't find many English reviews around.
I read the following post but was a little skeptical because sometimes, famous bloggers get special treatments:
http://kampungboycitygal.com/2019/01/my-co...r-child-centre/
Now that we've stayed there for 3 weeks, I can vouch for every word in the post. The blogger gave a detailed and honest overview of what you'll be getting from LYC.
Only difference is we took the cheapest package while they took the most expensive one. Their room is ultra-spacious with a balcony while ours is slightly bigger than a deluxe hotel room with queen-sized bed + sofa bed. Imo, the room that we got is more than sufficient but once in a while, I do crave a little for more space and fresh air.

---

If you're a new parent looking for a confinement lady/center, my advice is: Don't skimp on one!
If you're hiring a confinement lady, make sure she has a positive review by someone you know personally.
If you're paying for a confinement center, remember, the good ones are not cheap (Easily RM12k and above for KL/PJ 2019 prices)! Don't skimp! I've read some of the negative reviews (of other confinement centers) posted above and it's heart breaking. The first month after birth should be a month of joy and discovery. Yes, having a newborn is challenging but adding additional stress due to poor centers is utterly unnecessary & avoidable.

IMO, there isn't a perfect confinement center or lady around, but LYC is close to perfection. We will not hesitate to return to LYC with our 2nd baby. Arrange for a visit and I'm sure you'll agree.

As per forum-er above, if you have any question, feel free to ask. As for pricing, I suggest you call to ask. I believe the cheapest package is RM18k now but don't quote me on that.

This post has been edited by led_zep_freak: Dec 6 2019, 04:31 PM
sh1tEE
post Dec 6 2019, 05:38 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

QUOTE(led_zep_freak @ Dec 6 2019, 04:17 PM)
Hi guys,

My wife and baby are currently staying at LYC Confinement Center at TTDI. It's the best $$$ we have spent in the entire pregnancy. Here's why:
1) The rooms are very comfortable & well maintained
2) Food is superb, quality & variety comparable to hotel restaurant
3) Security is tight. Entrance is manned by a security guard & guest need a tag to enter the premises. Hygiene is emphasized heavily that guests must wear the provided sandals & mask, and are not allowed to touch your baby
4) 24-hour nursery is spacious and well equipped like a hospital. It is well-staffed with knowledgeable, helpful & friendly nurses. They run on shifts, so you don't you don't have to worry about them being overworked
5) Visit by pediatrician, gynecologist & lactation consultant to ensure your baby is healthy, mummy is recovering & able to breastfeed

Before our baby was delivered, I couldn't find many English reviews around.
I read the following post but was a little skeptical because sometimes, famous bloggers get special treatments:
http://kampungboycitygal.com/2019/01/my-co...r-child-centre/
Now that we've stayed there for 3 weeks, I can vouch for every word in the post. The blogger gave a detailed and honest overview of what you'll be getting from LYC.
Only difference is we took the cheapest package while they took the most expensive one. Their room is ultra-spacious with a balcony while ours is slightly bigger than a deluxe hotel room with queen-sized bed + sofa bed. Imo, the room that we got is more than sufficient but once in a while, I do crave a little for more space and fresh air.

---

If you're a new parent looking for a confinement lady/center, my advice is: Don't skimp on one!
If you're hiring a confinement lady, make sure she has a positive review by someone you know personally.
If you're paying for a confinement center, remember, the good ones are not cheap (Easily RM12k and above for KL/PJ 2019 prices)! Don't skimp! I've read some of the negative reviews (of other confinement centers) posted above and it's heart breaking. The first month after birth should be a month of joy and discovery. Yes, having a newborn is challenging but adding additional stress due to poor centers is utterly unnecessary & avoidable.

IMO, there isn't a perfect confinement center or lady around, but LYC is close to perfection. We will not hesitate to return to LYC with our 2nd baby. Arrange for a visit and I'm sure you'll agree.

As per forum-er above, if you have any question, feel free to ask. As for pricing, I suggest you call to ask. I believe the cheapest package is RM18k now but don't quote me on that.
My wife delivered in Oct and had her confinement centre in ttdi LYC too.

Agreed with your review. LYC will be the 1st choice if we are to have a second baby.
Tiffs89
post Apr 10 2020, 09:05 PM

7 posts

Not sure currently is there any mommy stay at LYC, as now in pandemic situation and MCO is implemented. I heard they request Covid19 test report to show you are tested negative before check in. Not sure how true is this? And they are restricted all visitors, except husband? I know this is reasonable, but what if I have an elder kid and my husband is the only person who can take care of my elder kid currently?
kyenli
post Apr 26 2020, 03:09 PM

Getting Started
162 posts

Hi, how anyone stayed in LYC Puchong? Mind to share?
missdream
post May 19 2020, 02:22 PM

25 posts

Interested on LYC Puchong also , mind to share ?

This post has been edited by missdream: May 19 2020, 02:23 PM
hyuan85
post Jun 7 2020, 09:33 PM

Getting Started
73 posts

Interested in LYC Puchong too
rose6580
post Jun 9 2020, 02:54 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

QUOTE(veron4best @ Jun 11 2019, 01:58 PM)
Old Klang Road area. u may consider Gina Place.
this one closed already
sj0217
post Jun 14 2020, 12:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,462 posts

QUOTE(joeylny @ Sep 25 2019, 04:21 PM)
I stayed at LYC TTDI in june 2019 and have a great stay there. If u would like to know more can pm me n ask me questions bout LYC.  Happy to share.
Thanks in advance for your sharing.
Sorry for asking, could I please pm you for more detail ??

Recently looking for confinement centre and eyeing LYC in TTDI (stay nearby) biggrin.gif
fat_fai
post Aug 10 2020, 12:21 AM

48 posts

the room in LYC puchong is small compare to LYC in Taman Tun Dr Ismail...
my wife had her confinement twice in LYC Tmn Tun...

even before the pandemic happened... LYC had adopted wear face mask and use sanitiser for every visitor to enter their centre
joefrezzo
post Oct 5 2020, 10:15 PM

On my way
507 posts

QUOTE(fat_fai @ Aug 10 2020, 12:21 AM)
the room in LYC puchong is small compare to LYC in Taman Tun Dr Ismail...
my wife had her confinement twice in LYC Tmn Tun...

even before the pandemic happened... LYC had adopted wear face mask and use sanitiser for every visitor to enter their centre
Mind to share the package price in Puchong.
Salary
post Nov 16 2020, 01:34 PM

On my way
664 posts

-

This post has been edited by Salary: Nov 16 2020, 04:48 PM
domng
post Dec 5 2020, 06:37 PM

Getting Started
158 posts

Hi lowyat members,
May I know usually how confinement lady and confinement centres calculate the 28 days confinement period?

If for example first day check-in is 1st Nov, when should be the last day of confinement? Is it 28th, 29th or 30th Nov? Thanks in advance. 🙏🏻
joeylny
post May 7 2021, 07:54 AM

On my way
554 posts

QUOTE(domng @ Dec 5 2020, 06:37 PM)
Hi lowyat members,
May I know usually how confinement lady and confinement centres calculate the 28 days confinement period?

If for example first day check-in is 1st Nov, when should be the last day of confinement? Is it 28th, 29th or 30th Nov? Thanks in advance. 🙏🏻
Normally on the 28th would be ur check out date if not wrong. Coz it’s count by days not by night.
joeylny
post May 7 2021, 08:07 AM

On my way
554 posts

QUOTE(angel&demon @ Jun 10 2019, 04:26 PM)
Dear all Parents, kindly share your experience in LYC Confinement Center? Or any recommend confinement center near around Puchong area or Old Klang Road? Thanks in advance!  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif
I would highly recommend LYC. I would consider LYC for my second pregnancy. Even the mummies I’ve met at the centre back in June 2019 went back to LYC for their second confinement recently. If anyone is interested I can connect the the sales person for a special price
joefrezzo
post May 8 2021, 03:27 PM

On my way
507 posts

QUOTE(joeylny @ May 7 2021, 08:07 AM)
I would highly recommend LYC. I would consider LYC for my second pregnancy. Even the mummies I’ve met at the centre back in June 2019 went back to LYC for their second confinement recently. If anyone is interested I can connect the the sales person for a special price
I second that. My wife had her confinement in LYC Bukit Jalil and I overnight there too. Overall, its a pleasant stay and hassle free with all handled by nurses and customer service. Hospitality given by Dr June was top notch as well.
sj0217
post May 8 2021, 05:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,462 posts

QUOTE(joefrezzo @ May 8 2021, 03:27 PM)
I second that. My wife had her confinement in LYC Bukit Jalil and I overnight there too. Overall, its a pleasant stay and hassle free with all handled by nurses and customer service. Hospitality given by Dr June was top notch as well.
My wife was stayed in LYC Puchong branch and the entire month I just stayed there too
Highly recommended especially first time become father/mother and our family not stay around

You have worry free and learned a lot from there.
If there have chance for second baby, we will surely back to there again
yswon12
post May 31 2021, 11:56 AM

Getting Started
112 posts

I found this site that shows the confinement center package and comparison.

https://sharepeningsmalaysia.wordpress.com/...n-klang-valley/
mk92
post Jun 22 2021, 09:34 PM

Getting Started
151 posts

Can pm me for the special price?
yoshiishi
post Sep 14 2021, 10:44 AM

40 posts

lyc special price?

This post has been edited by yoshiishi: Sep 14 2021, 10:46 AM
yoshiishi
post Sep 14 2021, 10:45 AM

40 posts

can pm me special price as well?

3 Pages < 1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0195sec    0.43    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:58 AM