Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Speaker Upgrade for Jazz GK, Using Stock HU (budget ~ 800)

views

TSgacktleong
post Jun 3 2019, 10:45 AM, updated 5y ago

GLLLL
747 posts

Im thinking to replace stock speakers with a component set.

Any decent component set to recommend which is able to pair with the stock HU? Afraid the HU cannot provide enough power to drive the speakers.

Budget hopefully around RM800 with installation. rclxms.gif Was thinking to get focal RSE-165

Only changing the front speakers, the rear speakers wires will be disconnected.

Thanks

This post has been edited by gacktleong: Jun 3 2019, 10:47 AM
mpzai
post Jun 3 2019, 10:50 AM

47 posts

how about adding a pair of 2inch full range speaker ? i heard my friend told me that 2inch full range speaker works fine without amplifier and with stock HU
TSgacktleong
post Jun 3 2019, 10:55 AM

GLLLL
747 posts

QUOTE(mpzai @ Jun 3 2019, 10:50 AM)
how about adding a pair of 2inch full range speaker ? i heard my friend told me that 2inch full range speaker works fine without amplifier and with stock HU
Like the omni?

But the base of the stock is kinda geli, not solid at all even door is sound proof-ed rclxub.gif
mpzai
post Jun 3 2019, 11:38 AM

47 posts

QUOTE(gacktleong @ Jun 3 2019, 10:55 AM)
Like the omni?

But the base of the stock is kinda geli, not solid at all even door is sound proof-ed rclxub.gif
not sure about brand bro. yes stock speaker not able to play more bass. but component speaker need amplifier to play better bass. i am consider to add dsp unit icon_rolleyes.gif
TSgacktleong
post Jun 3 2019, 11:43 AM

GLLLL
747 posts

QUOTE(mpzai @ Jun 3 2019, 11:38 AM)
not sure about brand bro. yes stock speaker not able to play more bass. but component speaker need amplifier to play better bass. i am consider to add dsp unit  icon_rolleyes.gif
Cos the car is still new, so i dun wan to add too much things at this moment that may affect the warranty.

In fact, i still have amps, dsp and a 12" sub at my house which taken out from my previous car.
mpzai
post Jun 3 2019, 12:17 PM

47 posts

QUOTE(gacktleong @ Jun 3 2019, 11:43 AM)
Cos the car is still new, so i dun wan to add too much things at this moment that may affect the warranty.

In fact, i still have amps, dsp and a 12" sub at my house which taken out from my previous car.
yea , if plug and play item ok , if need draw power cable from battery then have deep consideration. i also think want to install monoblock from my previous car. but need install alot cable wait car got older first laugh.gif my car 6 months old.
TSgacktleong
post Jun 3 2019, 03:40 PM

GLLLL
747 posts

QUOTE(mpzai @ Jun 3 2019, 12:17 PM)
yea , if plug and play item ok , if need draw power cable from battery then have deep consideration. i also think want to install monoblock from my previous car. but need install alot cable wait car got older first  laugh.gif my car 6 months old.
Yea, it makes me think twice as my another honda got problem on the steering rack (Rm3xxx) with is quite common for the model.

In the end, i need to demod before sending to SC as per advised.

So my jazz is currently 100% stock. Haha
kohchuup
post Jun 8 2019, 09:01 AM

Getting Started
192 posts

Get those easy to drive component speakers, the higher the sensitivity the better for non amplifier setup. 90db and above the best, try 88db onwards.

just get ur installer to hook up a few brand that suits ur budget, then listen and choose the one that u like most, try with a few different cds with ur favorites songs, please do not use mp3 or pirated cd to test.
Alias
post Jul 13 2019, 02:05 PM

Getting Started
247 posts

I'm using the same car as yours, and installed 2 amps, front comp, 12" sub and soundproofing on front 2 doors. If you do really want to get the most out of your speaker, then the soundproofing is a must cause our jazz is like tin milo actually.

As for the concerns about warranty, it only void the sound systems area, which I have been told by the SA and SC. One thing good about our Jazz is that they got RCA out so no wire cutting is needed on the originals.
djx_6
post Jun 17 2021, 12:51 AM

Getting Started
72 posts

What’s the door speaker size for front and rear?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0142sec    0.44    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:18 PM