Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

ILLEGEAR Custom Performance Laptops v.4, AMD RYZEN 4800H with FREE AC Valhalla

views

chinti
post Jul 22 2020, 08:14 PM

Tarak Drama, Kita Bikin Drama
1,620 posts

I'm here to provide my 3 years review.

I bought my Illegear Q5 3 years ago in 2017. And I regretted it now.

First week upon the arrival of my laptop, I face some frame rate drop issue so I send it back to fix. Not sure what was the issue, they reformat it and it seems fine after that.

One year later the battery dead and no longer hold charges, I never had a laptop battery died on me so fast.

Fast forward to last month, the laptop started going crazy. Nonstop automatically restart and boot into bios etc. Then last week the laptop started random freezing and restart. And finally today I sent the laptop to a local service shop to check, the hard disk is dead.

All my stuff inside it gone and can no longer be save. Three years and the hard disk died d. I have owned a few gaming laptop in the past and none of them have so many issues. Hell, even all those laptop are still running fine now other than their GPU outdated.

So ya, in conclusion the quality of Illegear is not up to standard and can be considered overpriced for such quality. No use doing all those stress test to delay shipment when the laptop can't even last.

Won't go back to Illegear anymore d, will go for other brand gaming laptop.
chinti
post Jul 23 2020, 01:57 PM

1,620 posts

QUOTE(Prince J @ Jul 23 2020, 01:52 PM)
Greetings chinti,

We are terribly sorry to hear about what happened to your machine and we would like to help you to check and fix your issue regarding your machine. Is it possible we can schedule a service appointment where we can inspect your Seagate 1TB SSHD issue.

Thank you.
i moved to penang already, so if u hv staff in penang then sure
chinti
post Jul 23 2020, 09:35 PM

1,620 posts

QUOTE(UnrequitedC @ Jul 23 2020, 09:26 PM)
Harddisk dead after 3 years? It's not something uncommon and the same thing might happen if u buy a branded laptop.

I'm using a branded SSD but i'm already facing problem just after 1 year.  dry.gif
Not acceptable to me seeing how my laptop first day already got problems which should not be happening if they really do all the stress test, QC, etc

This post has been edited by chinti: Jul 23 2020, 09:36 PM
chinti
post Jul 24 2020, 08:16 AM

1,620 posts

QUOTE(Sam0601 @ Jul 24 2020, 12:04 AM)
I'm wondering also. They update my status state that they are performing a stress test around 3 days ago.
Until now still didn't have any update yet.
I'm thinking a same question as you do. Do they need so long time for a stress test? not will be just done in a night or in few hours?
Even packaging or stuff, does it need that long time?
They pretty much use stress test as a reason for every delay
chinti
post Jul 24 2020, 05:12 PM

1,620 posts

hi Prince J, could you let us know more in detail what is this stress test about? what is it testing and how long does it usually take?

as from the current situation, it seems like stress test is the reason for every delay

This post has been edited by chinti: Jul 24 2020, 06:41 PM
chinti
post Jul 28 2020, 08:29 AM

1,620 posts

QUOTE(Jared21 @ Jul 28 2020, 12:44 AM)
If their stress test is just Heaven or Valley benchmark on a loop, they should just push it all the way and use Prime95 small FFT or OCCT and Furmark SIMULTANEOUSLY for a few hours to properly stress the machine tongue.gif . Prime 95/OCCT is already the default for people who want to test OC stability and leave it overnight. Heaven/Valley are incredibly easy to run and should not be counted as proper stress tests. At the very least Timespy or Firestrike combined test on loop should suffice as well.
but it seems like their stress test take days instead of hours hmm.gif
chinti
post Jul 31 2020, 01:19 PM

1,620 posts

QUOTE(pluginbaby @ Jul 30 2020, 08:49 PM)
Hi Illegear,

Pls quote me battery replacement for Onyx 8750h rtx2060 including shipping cost.. Bought it around April last year. I'm not able to send this in physically unless it is just a few hrs work and can be done on Saturdays as I'm using the laptop work purpose.

I was swapping the ssd just now and noticed that the battery was swollen heavily. Lucky I inspected else it would be a tragedy!

I'm shocked to see how quickly the battery gone bad. Even on normal unplugged usage for work and meeting it wouldn't last more than 2hrs lol in power save mode

Update: I don't know my serial number since the sticker below is now fully white as the serial printings wiped off or degraded over time.
if no longer got warranty, i recommend getting the battery from online elsewhere.
i got my replacement elsewhere coz they quoted me 2x the price i can get from outside and the wait time from them is like a month which is kinda ridiculous for a battery
chinti
post Jul 31 2020, 03:12 PM

1,620 posts

QUOTE(TheStig123 @ Jul 31 2020, 03:04 PM)
do you know where/which to get for onyx v ryzen for higher capacity battery?
sorry dunno bout the onyx coz mine is diff model
chinti
post Aug 4 2020, 12:25 PM

1,620 posts

QUOTE(ReyES87 @ Aug 4 2020, 10:45 AM)
I ordered since 24th June but also still haven't got mine. I wonder how's the progress.
suggest u chase after them as can be seen from previous cases. if u dun, they might take very long time to do the stress test

This post has been edited by chinti: Aug 4 2020, 12:28 PM
chinti
post Aug 6 2020, 10:32 AM

1,620 posts

QUOTE(djeeta @ Aug 6 2020, 10:14 AM)
I have finally gotten mine as per Azim's reply above! Funnily the status only updated after I inquire here and the Illegear staff look into our cases here  flex.gif
What more, the whole time my order was "payment received and in process" ... after posting here at 2.44 one shot update "order in progress" , "order ready" and "order shipped"

immediately got my laptop the next day (aka yesterday) .

It's nice to receive it but Illegear should really work on timely updates  blink.gif  being in the shoe of waiting without no updates really makes one anxious  rclxub.gif

Ps. Ordered mine on 13/7/2020
yea, as mentioned previously for those tht place order and waited for long time. better they inquire here else forever in the stress test loop.

Illegear really need to either hire more employee to cope with the huge amount of orders, or simple solution is put their lead time longer instead of promising 2 weeks but ended up more than a month.
chinti
post Nov 26 2020, 09:04 AM

1,620 posts

QUOTE(Faichaimond @ Nov 25 2020, 07:19 PM)
Yeah, but that's the same as... What others with 1+ months delays are getting.

I've been waiting for nearly 4 (four) months lol. From "Merdeka Promo" to "Black Friday Promo". By the time I get the laptop it'll be "Christmas Promo" I'm pretty sure.
4 months for a laptop, would have file for a refund already if it were me.

It seems like illegear still doesn't bother to improve since the last stress test hoo-haa and now the reason is shortages.

Seriously, prince J u need to step up ur game. I have so many people coming to me and asked bout illegear already. And obviously I advised them not to get it due to poor service and too many stress testing.

4 months for a laptop is really a joke, even I got my new gaming laptop from oversea within a month.
chinti
post Nov 26 2020, 10:56 AM

1,620 posts

QUOTE(Faichaimond @ Nov 26 2020, 10:38 AM)
That's also why I decided against a refund because it might take even longer lol.
just ask for refund else bring it up to tribunal.

does it even make sense to wait so long for a laptop?

they should have just put the ETA as half a year instead of promising 1-2 months but cannot fulfill the promise.

at least if they put ETA half a year and customer still order it then its customer's fault d

chinti
post Nov 26 2020, 11:38 AM

1,620 posts

QUOTE(Faichaimond @ Nov 26 2020, 11:23 AM)
Yeah true, many of my peers have advised me to go for a refund earlier this month, but my thinking was that since I'm already so deep into it I might as well wait it through. Cheers.
just my 2sen suggestion la, since u already so deep into it might as well ask for refund n wait for the refund while u go get another brand.

illegear will not change n improve if there's always customers like you that giv them face and wait.

they will think ala, let them wait la as long as i get my money.
chinti
post Nov 26 2020, 07:59 PM

1,620 posts

QUOTE(Zeroxhunter @ Nov 26 2020, 05:08 PM)
Well, the problem is from the manufacture itself. All this time, I've been wondering why you guys shoot Illegear. If this company the one made the chip, of course I'll join too.
Not that i agree with them but it's kinda funny to read too.
Nah, previously not manufacturers problem also illegear nonstop stress testing their customers d.

So ya, as someone that experienced their service before, I will continue to advise people to think twice before getting from illegear unless they truly improve and learnt from their own mistake
chinti
post Nov 27 2020, 09:36 PM

1,620 posts

QUOTE(teamjoker @ Nov 26 2020, 08:06 PM)
Which model did you buy? Now still using or sold off?
Can't remember the model name d but it's the worst gaming laptop I ever owned.
Now throw aside d
chinti
post Nov 27 2020, 10:05 PM

1,620 posts

QUOTE(teamjoker @ Nov 27 2020, 09:38 PM)
sorry to hear that.
Previously i written in this thread about wat I experienced on the laptop before.
Overall is, first six month also got issue d
chinti
post Dec 14 2020, 02:31 PM

1,620 posts

QUOTE(Gentleman_League @ Dec 14 2020, 11:22 AM)
Hello guys, I don't usually made a harsh dispute towards a company but when the buyer remorse hit it gets me frustrated and unable to solve the problem for me, its truly frustrated that ILLEGEAR has send me a lemon unit which i encounter various problem in just 2 months especially these pandemic we need laptop to work from home. Its gonna cripple you working from home without a laptop isn't it? Just getting out of hand and frustrating experience i had with ILLEGEAR.

No doubt , ILLEGEAR build great performance laptop i enjoyed every bit of it. I spend time with it most of the time (daily) Work and leisure. I bought Selenite G which i Opt-ed some upgrades it cost me RM 7k+ which close to RM8k, purchased my laptop on October 21 2020 12.04pm , It doesn't took me long enough to received my Selenite G ,I recived my laptop on October 27th 2020, which i was excited about.

Then Nightmares began here,  on November 10 2020 which is 14days of owning the laptop (2WEEKS) and this happen

user posted image

I had msg ILLEAGEAR team to rectified this problems and they assisted me by removing the SSD and replace to the another slot by myself.  doh.gif

user posted image
user posted image

And.. Nightmares happen. My SSD fried, which i need to send it back just of 2 weeks usage. I was frustrated at first cos i need my laptop to work but i have no choice to send it back. I'm based in Penang so i have to courier all the way back to them at Damansara.

user posted image
user posted image
I patiently wait for my laptop to be repair and diagnose from them, On Friday Nov 13th I ILLGEAR team has fixed the problem and courier it out immediately . Kudos to them they received and fix the problem on that day and also shipped out on that day too!
user posted image
SO.. i received and everything was fine  thumbup.gif
UNTIL December 11th 2020 , Friday(2 months of owning it). This came popped out when I plugged in HDMI cable to my External Monitor.

user posted image
user posted image
Unfortunately, My GPU NVDIA GTX 2060 was failing i tried multiple ways which was guide from ILLGEAR support team,
they patiently assist me  but still no avail, i have to send it back again after a month. cry.gif

user posted image

This time ILLEGEAR team has arrange Courier service to my house to collect it .

user posted image

Still waiting my laptop to be collected while i writing this review.

To be honest guys, I rather wait for my Laptop longer and to have ILLEGEAR team to check everything DOUBLE checked everything before sent it to customer, Its just 2 months of owning this and it has caused so much problems which i have to dealt with it. Cant imagine down the road, after my warranty was ended i have to pay extra to fix it?  cry.gif

TO :Illegear team please strengthen your QC department before sending it out to your supporter, or maybe it just pure unlucky I've received a lemon unit.  cry.gif
last time my illegear also same, 1st few weeks got issue d.

luckily the staff last time was quite helpful and efficient compared to now.

no offence but despite doing so many stress test, their QC is still really shit TBH.

This post has been edited by chinti: Dec 14 2020, 02:32 PM
chinti
post Dec 14 2020, 02:36 PM

1,620 posts

QUOTE(villager @ Dec 10 2020, 09:02 AM)
Then, please recommend for better brand. I don't want to spend my RM8k on next purchase for any defects. I want it in perfect guarantee.

Stay in Kedah and to go over there just for service or postage with risk of dropping by courier while ship it back..don't want to face it.

At least, should be another branch in Penang too.
i highly recommend MSI, my old MSI gaming laptop which i bought it 4 years b4 my illegear laptop still running fine other than outdated graphic card.
my illegear less than 3 years mati and throw aside d
chinti
post Dec 14 2020, 05:00 PM

1,620 posts

QUOTE(Prince J @ Dec 14 2020, 04:40 PM)
Hi chinti, according to your FB review I believe that's your old Q3's Seagate SSHD broken down right? If that's the case, replacing a new SSD / HDD could revive your laptop. Let us know if you need any assistance from us.
throw aside already, too many problems, not worth repairing.
ram issue, ssd issue, battery dead, etc
chinti
post Dec 16 2020, 08:48 AM

1,620 posts

QUOTE(Gentleman_League @ Dec 15 2020, 07:47 PM)
Hello guys, my laptop has been arrived Illegear HQ safely. They agree to compensates me 1 to 1 exchanges , but they need to verify it’s GPU failure before replace me a new one.

Will look forward for my new laptop, finger cross everything goes well on my end. Will update u guys once I have an update from them when my laptop is on the way!

Just me crying, gonna re download all my games 🥲🥲🥲🥲
nice, hope you dun get another lemon unit icon_rolleyes.gif

2 Pages  1 2 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0926sec    0.07    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 12:00 AM