Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Astro IPTV with Internet, NO Internet in the evening

views

TSmsian59
post Mar 16 2019, 04:54 PM, updated 7 months ago

8 posts

Hi I am an Astro IPTV with 30mbps subscriber. Lately I faced erratic NO Internet issue. These days, I noticed, NO INTERNET at around 9pm onwards till
morning. Complaint to Astro, in Feb, they only got a Maxis technician to come over in Mar to check. he disable IPV6 from the router
and left. However, still NO INTERNET ,mostly in the evening. This has been going on for a month already.
Astro is extremely slow in rectifying this problem. Seriously, NO sincere "Customer service" attitude.

Anyone experiencing this issue?

Tks

This post has been edited by msian59: Mar 16 2019, 04:56 PM
Mickey B
post Mar 16 2019, 05:14 PM

23 posts

don't think this has anything to do with Astro's side of things, BUT, due to the IPTV agreement, you are stuck knocking on Astro's door, as Maxis wont layan your complaint.

Is your Astro IPTV working during your internet outage? If yes, then its probably a misconfiguration on you BTU or router. Maybe share some screenshots of your 'no internet' issue on the Broadband/Maxis Fiber subforum and someone might be able to point you in the right direction.
TSmsian59
post Mar 16 2019, 06:00 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(Mickey B @ Mar 16 2019, 05:14 PM)
don't think this has anything to do with Astro's side of things, BUT, due to the IPTV agreement, you are stuck knocking on Astro's door, as Maxis wont layan your complaint.

Is your Astro IPTV working during your internet outage? If yes, then its probably a misconfiguration on you BTU or router. Maybe share some screenshots of your 'no internet' issue on the Broadband/Maxis Fiber subforum and someone might be able to point you in the right direction.
I realised the “ headache” because, it s Astro Iptv using Maxis internet and TM physical fibre optic & modem, however
as you mentioned, I have a contract Astro, thus, I complain to Astro and it is Astro responsibility
to solve this problem , with his counterparts.

The router shows “ red led” at Internet, the modem blinks crazily.

I simply feel, we Malaysians are always the victims of poor service from providers. Our consumer rights
are not strong, in comparison with western world.

My Astro works as it automatically switches to the dish. ( no VOD )

Thanks fro reply.

user posted image
user posted image

This post has been edited by msian59: Mar 16 2019, 06:02 PM
Mickey B
post Mar 16 2019, 06:43 PM

23 posts

I'm on Astro IPTV as well, but with TIME, and no real issues. There are times when my Internet goes down, but Astro remains up (no dish).

Whats rather odd from your pictures is that it seems like you have an uplink, and your VOIP's are up, but both your LAN ports seem to be not connected. Not sure where your LAN cables for the Astro DTU is connected to, but i have a LAN cable directly from the BTU to the Astro unit, and another to the Router. Is your similar?
TSmsian59
post Mar 16 2019, 08:03 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(Mickey B @ Mar 16 2019, 06:43 PM)
I'm on Astro IPTV as well, but with TIME, and no real issues. There are times when my Internet goes down, but Astro remains up (no dish).

Whats rather odd from your pictures is that it seems like you have an uplink, and your VOIP's are up, but both your LAN ports seem to be not connected. Not sure where your LAN cables for the Astro DTU is connected to, but i have a LAN cable directly from the BTU to the Astro unit, and another to the Router. Is your similar?
Yes, the set of 3 led ‘s ( upper & lower) blinks together at the same time.

The fibre optic cable goes to the Modem( do you call it BTU ?).
And one Lan cable to the router. From the router , one to Astro decoder . The rest LAN

Mickey B
post Mar 18 2019, 11:11 AM

23 posts

I think your main problem is that on the BTU (the one with the TM logo), at least one of the LAN lights should be lit up (indicating that there is a connection between the BTU and the Maxis router).

Maybe you could try changing that particular cable, because even if there is a connection issue, or even an improperly configured router, the LAN light should be on indicating a proper connection between the two.
Jeffngeo P
post Jun 23 2019, 06:26 PM

Probation
0 posts

Can I use an ASUS router and still use Astro iptv? I m having issues. Internet ok but iptv cannot work. Dont know how to configure and get it working
AVFAN
post Jun 23 2019, 07:21 PM

10k Club
All Stars
18,291 posts

QUOTE(Jeffngeo @ Jun 23 2019, 06:26 PM)
Can I use an ASUS router and still use Astro iptv? I m having issues. Internet ok but iptv cannot work. Dont know how to configure and get it working
i think NO.
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?act=Sear...Asus+astro+iptv
cdspins
post Jun 26 2019, 11:01 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,099 posts

Wondering if possible to have both astro iptv and unifi... means I subscribe both separately having 2 fiber optic cable into the house
budaken
post Aug 19 2019, 07:32 PM

22 posts

Any solution for this issue? Mine is acting up as well
azrilyp
post Aug 21 2019, 02:22 PM

On my way
642 posts

all these issues pertaining to connection can complain to MCMC or not?
mytaffeta
post Aug 21 2019, 10:47 PM

Regular
1,221 posts

QUOTE(azrilyp @ Aug 21 2019, 02:22 PM)
all these issues pertaining to connection can complain to MCMC or not?
of cause you can.. go log a report..
azrilyp
post Aug 23 2019, 03:23 PM

On my way
642 posts

QUOTE(mytaffeta @ Aug 21 2019, 10:47 PM)
of cause you can.. go log a report..
I haven't subscribe yet, still researching ad weighing the pros and cons.

jusbella
post Sep 5 2019, 10:18 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,032 posts

Hi how ur IPTV with Maxis? still having issue? I'm tempting to change from Unifi 500mbps to astro IPTV 100mbps.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0318sec    0.45    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st September 2019 - 02:20 AM