Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Did not recieved TAC, only for my number

views

TSlemond
post Mar 6 2019, 11:47 AM, updated 4y ago

Ignorance is bliss
757 posts

Hi All,

I might have a weird situation here, I've done the troubleshooting,on off remove sim card, this issue happened since last year when I started to use my new registered number under Maxis mobile.

I have a problem to receive TAC or Secure TAC ( for two ways verification) from some of the senders,such as SHOPEE, Booking.com or even Google but I dont have issue with Maybank TAC or UOB, these are the examples that I can find at this moment.

I've tried to call Maxis for help, they just said it might be problem with the senders server but! my wife's number is able to receive all the TAC/secureTac from the sender that Maxis said they got issue with the server.

This thing has been a problem to me since I dont want to change my phone number but yet, I will have problem to received TAC/SecureTAC. Any idea how to resolve this?Or maybe some of you also face this problem? Thanks in advance.

lawsh
post Mar 6 2019, 11:52 AM

Cikurity
6,785 posts

did i just read that you register new number as in change number???
TSlemond
post Mar 6 2019, 11:58 AM

Ignorance is bliss
757 posts

QUOTE(lawsh @ Mar 6 2019, 11:52 AM)
did i just read that you register new number as in change number???
sorry for the confusion, I;ve got my new number ( when registered with MAXIS last year ) and I dont want to change it to another number since I've thought this TAC problem might be because of my phone number , cuz my wife dont have this kind of issue.
jumpstat
post Mar 7 2019, 08:55 AM

Regular
1,352 posts

AFAIK, TAC codes if you can receive from one source, that means you can receive it from any sender as the system is the same. The codes also generated by the sender's server not the receiving server. Have you tried to use your somcard in your wife's phone and evaluate whether the issue is this present?
TSlemond
post Mar 7 2019, 10:52 AM

Ignorance is bliss
757 posts

QUOTE(jumpstat @ Mar 7 2019, 08:55 AM)
AFAIK, TAC codes if you can receive from one source, that means you can receive it from any sender as the system is the same. The codes also generated by the sender's server not the receiving server. Have you tried to use your somcard in your wife's phone and evaluate whether the issue is this present?
Not yet trying that solutions, hmm , should not be my Iphone problem since I can received from Maybank and UOB but not others. I'm suspecting that Maxis is the problem one and no sms also in Junk SMS in my Iphone

This post has been edited by lemond: Mar 7 2019, 10:52 AM
soonwai
post Mar 12 2019, 06:55 PM

9,989 posts

QUOTE(lemond @ Mar 6 2019, 11:47 AM)
Hi All,

I might have a weird situation here, I've done the troubleshooting,on off remove sim card, this issue happened since last year when I started to use my new registered number under Maxis mobile.

I have a problem to receive TAC or Secure TAC ( for two ways verification)  from some of the senders,such as SHOPEE, Booking.com or even Google but I dont have issue with Maybank TAC or UOB, these are the examples that I can find at this moment.

I've tried to call Maxis for help, they just said it might be problem with the senders server but! my wife's number is able to receive all the TAC/secureTac from the sender that Maxis said they got issue with the server.

This thing has been a problem to me since I dont want to change my phone number but yet, I will have problem to received TAC/SecureTAC. Any idea how to resolve this?Or maybe some of you also face this problem? Thanks in advance.
I have the same problem receiving TAC/OTP codes from Google. It happened today. I'm quite sure it was OK the last time I tried a few weeks or months ago. Anyway the OTP doesn't get to my Maxis number. It's not a new number. Been with Maxis for many years. No numbers blocked in my iPhone's Messages app.

Grab OTP earlier today no problem.

Using a DiGi number, no problem receiving OTP from Google. It came from 66001.

This post has been edited by soonwai: Mar 12 2019, 06:57 PM
TSlemond
post Mar 15 2019, 01:22 PM

Ignorance is bliss
757 posts

QUOTE(soonwai @ Mar 12 2019, 06:55 PM)
I have the same problem receiving TAC/OTP codes from Google. It happened today. I'm quite sure it was OK the last time I tried a few weeks or months ago. Anyway the OTP doesn't get to my Maxis number. It's not a new number. Been with Maxis for many years. No numbers blocked in my iPhone's Messages app.

Grab OTP earlier today no problem.

Using a DiGi number, no problem receiving OTP from Google. It came from 66001.
Maxis is investigating my case, im using a number port from Unifi/Webe before, they're suspecting that my number still in previous provider database, need to route it back to maxis. Still waiting for them to do this
soonwai
post Mar 15 2019, 01:35 PM

9,989 posts

QUOTE(lemond @ Mar 15 2019, 01:22 PM)
Maxis is investigating my case, im using a number port from Unifi/Webe before, they're suspecting that my number still in previous provider database, need to route it back to maxis. Still waiting for them to do this
I haven’t really been following up on this but on that day of the problem, I called Maxis. The first CS guy told me to restart phone, check if number blocked and so on and so forth which didn’t help.

2nd guy straight away told me to report to Google. He said Maxis only supports the following clearing houses for international A2P SMS.
1. Dialog
2. M800 Limited
3. Tata Communications

Anyway I haven’t contacted Google yet.
TSlemond
post Mar 16 2019, 12:50 AM

Ignorance is bliss
757 posts

QUOTE(soonwai @ Mar 15 2019, 01:35 PM)
I haven’t really been following up on this but on that day of the problem, I called Maxis. The first CS guy told me to restart phone, check if number blocked and so on and so forth which didn’t help.

2nd guy straight away told me to report to Google. He said Maxis only supports the following clearing houses for international A2P SMS.
1. Dialog
2. M800 Limited
3. Tata Communications

Anyway I haven’t contacted Google yet.
Should not be google problem.
soonwai
post Mar 16 2019, 01:17 AM

9,989 posts

QUOTE(lemond @ Mar 16 2019, 12:50 AM)
Should not be google problem.
It may be. Namecheap, at one time, had problems sending TAC to the same Maxis number. I reported to them and a few days later they informed me that they changed to an alternative A2P SMS provider. It was fine after that.
KannaSai1
post Mar 30 2019, 03:41 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,933 posts

First I thought I might wrong setting for your sms centre number, but u can receive tac. If maxis problem, you won’t be able to receive any tac d. But now you can receive.
shyuanshyuan
post Jul 4 2019, 07:18 PM

Getting Started
105 posts

I have issue receiving TAC SMSes from services like Voopee (01113002052), Weibo and many more this year particularly on my Maxis number (been using this number for 15+ yrs and has always been able to receive all TAC whenever I requested for them, regardless of banking or non-banking services).

Been debating about this with Maxis (their major problem is they use different people to handle my issue - i had to repeat again and again).

I told Maxis, my other onexox and unifi mobile numbers can receive codes from same services. They told me to contact Voopee and Weibo instead.. okay fine, i already contacted Voopee as they wished and waiting for reply. Weibo is kinda hard to contact though, but I'll leave it to the end since it's not urgent right now.

This post has been edited by shyuanshyuan: Jul 4 2019, 08:09 PM
TSlemond
post Jul 5 2019, 11:36 AM

Ignorance is bliss
757 posts

QUOTE(shyuanshyuan @ Jul 4 2019, 07:18 PM)
I have issue receiving TAC SMSes from services like Voopee (01113002052), Weibo and many more this year particularly on my Maxis number (been using this number for 15+ yrs and has always been able to receive all TAC whenever I requested for them, regardless of banking or non-banking services).

Been debating about this with Maxis (their major problem is they use different people to handle my issue - i had to repeat again and again).

I told Maxis, my other onexox and unifi mobile numbers can receive codes from same services. They told me to contact Voopee and Weibo instead.. okay fine, i already contacted Voopee as they wished and waiting for reply. Weibo is kinda hard to contact though, but I'll leave it to the end since it's not urgent right now.
Hi

My problem now fixed, issue is not with the vendor but with the provider, since I port out my number, some of the data still go thru my previous provider, my current provider which is maxis need to make report to my previous provider to release the data and changed the gateway to maxis line.
mmohdnor
post Aug 26 2020, 11:23 PM

Regular
1,021 posts

I had this problem too. All these while i can receive SMS OTP TAC just fine with Celcom. But now after changing to Maxis, sometimes i cant get OTP from shopee at all. Had to restart the phone several times until i can get the OTP. Weird and annoying. How to fix this eh?

This post has been edited by mmohdnor: Aug 26 2020, 11:24 PM
TSlemond
post Aug 28 2020, 09:14 AM

Ignorance is bliss
757 posts

QUOTE(mmohdnor @ Aug 26 2020, 11:23 PM)
I had this problem too. All these while i can receive SMS OTP TAC just fine with Celcom. But now after changing to Maxis, sometimes i cant get OTP from shopee at all. Had to restart the phone several times until i can get the OTP. Weird and annoying. How to fix this eh?
Mine still have problem with Shopee..Probably need to call Maxis and check where the message stuck at
KCY3701
post Aug 30 2020, 02:44 PM

On My Way to Level 50
630 posts

Also check the blocked number list in your phone. Once upon a time, my friend also complain cannot receive TAC, who knows he actually blocked the 66888 number because he wants to block the spam SMSes.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0139sec    0.28    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:38 PM