4,312 posts

How's the noise level compare to CC6?
WaNaWe900
post Jul 8 2019, 09:22 PM

On my way
662 posts

QUOTE(WiLeKiyO @ Jul 5 2019, 05:36 PM)
How's the noise level compare to CC6?
My ear said less noisy than Hankook Ventus V2... CC6 more silence I guess, long time not use πŸ˜…

This post has been edited by WaNaWe900: Jul 8 2019, 09:22 PM
asuka16
post Jul 9 2019, 04:36 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(sonicmaster @ Jul 5 2019, 08:22 AM)
Made in malaysia?
Yes i believe.
VictorKeong
post Jul 14 2019, 11:31 PM

On my way
590 posts

My "long" humble initial review of TR1.
Been using it for 2weeks now. 1000km
Before i begin let me lay down the basic info bout my car and how do i drive.

60-40ratio. 60 highways, 40 usual street.
Weekend tauge roads.

Car. Perodua axia, Running on 15inch 7jj rims. Tyre spec 195/50. Suspension adjustable coilovers with UR Bars.

Previous tyres
1) PS3
2) ree003
3) ecopia ep300 (cause cheap and ppl did say can do tauge, so i try......)

Location;
Mainland penang, kulim, island.

Pros.

1) price. Hands down. Bloody cheap compared directly to Ps3 and re003.
195/50/15 for PS3 Is bout 240-260.
Ree003 bout 220-250
I got my set of TR1 tyres, Allignment and balancing in, (inclusive a free lappy bag) 185 each.

2) NVH.
I feel TR1 is very very silent, my personal view, i say on par with the PS3, or maybe a tad little bit better, when comes to road noise (Both when tyres are new). Definitely much more silent than ree003. Now even with 1000km in, still pretty silent, especially at higher speeds. (130-160kmh). When running over water puddles or wet roads, i would say i am impressed, quite silent. Alot of the usual noise i hear is no longer present for time being. Hope it last for a while. Atleast to 50% threadwear..
As for ride quality comfort. TR1 walls are much stiffer, which i personally like, compared to the squishy PS3 but not as stiff as ree003. Ride feels more firm but hitting potholes or uneven surfaces will sakit hati abit more, not as forgiving as PS3. Those who use adjustables would know, soft wall tyres dont really give good "comfort", feels like the car have the mini bouncing feel. TR1 and Ree003, so far i say its more comfortable than ps3 in terms of ride quality with adjustables. (Personal preference)

3) Dry grip.
Im very impressed. I will rate it on par as Ree003.
It is very very sticky. Car feels very planted. No matter how i throw my ride, feels very stable and confident.

4) wet grip
I had the chance to test several times this week cause now heavy thunder storms. I really feel confident, hard braking and cornering in the rain also feels very planted. Hit some water puddles, feels stable. I did try cruise 90-100 on highway with rain, feels stable. Ill rate it on par as PS3. Ree003 don't handle wet really well. Very scary

5) braking
I feel my brakes bout the same. For all 3. Never really go try E braking. But feels confident hard braking to enter corners.

6) RR (roll resistance)
Funny thing. I feel TR1 mcm lighter.? Car easier to move, compared to the other two.

7) Cornering (Tauge)
Grip is fantastic, doesn't throw, very hard to get skid sounds. Steering response is sharp. Feels very much like ree003. Thanks to the stiffer walls, doesn't feel like the car rolls as much as when using PS3. Usually i need crank up dampening a few clicks for PS3 when tauge to compensate the roll, but for TR1, i didn't change my setup and it was superb. Will try different settings next weekend.

Cons.
1000km and two trips of tauge roads.
Can see thread wear quite abit.

Conclusion.
For the price i would say definite worth the try. Still too early though to recommend to those who want to find alternative to their ree003/ps3 or even the eagle. Sorry 15inch wheels no PS4..
But i won't recommend to those who only drive normally, don't do tauge or stuff due to the threadwear. Not exactly economical. Not much details bout it but i assume its similar to the other two, maybe 280? bout 30k km? Till botak? But if you don't mind. Then okay.

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by VictorKeong: Jul 16 2019, 08:10 AM
ryoyukichi
post Jul 15 2019, 12:11 PM

15 posts

QUOTE(VictorKeong @ Jul 14 2019, 11:31 PM)

Weekend tauge roads.

Car. Perodua axia, Running on 15inch 7jj rims. Tyre spec 195/50. Suspension adjustable coilovers with UR Bars.

Previous tyres
1) PS3
2) ree003

Location;
Pros.

Ree003 bout 220-250
I got my set of TR1 tyres, Allignment and balancing in, (inclusive a free lappy bag) 185 each.

2) NVH.
I feel TR1 is very very silent, my personal view, i say on par with the PS3, or maybe a tad little bit better, when comes to road noise (Both when tyres are new). Definitely much more silent than ree003. Now even with 1000km in, still pretty silent, especially at higher speeds. (130-160kmh). When running over water puddles or wet roads, i would say i am impressed, quite silent. Alot of the usual noise i hear is no longer present for time being. Hope it last for a while. Atleast to 50% threadwear..
As for ride quality comfort. TR1 walls are much stiffer, which i personally like, compared to the squishy PS3 but not as stiff as ree003. Ride feels more firm but hitting potholes or uneven surfaces will sakit hati abit more, not as forgiving as PS3. Those who use adjustables would know, soft wall tyres dont really give good "comfort", feels like the car have the mini bouncing feel. TR1 and Ree003, so far i say its more comfortable than ps3 in terms of ride quality with adjustables. (Personal preference)
3) Dry grip.
It is very very sticky. Car feels very planted. No matter how i throw my ride, feels very stable and confident.

4) wet grip
I had the chance to test several times this week cause now heavy thunder storms. I really feel confident, hard braking and cornering in the rain also feels very planted. Hit some water puddles, feels stable. I did try cruise 90-100 on highway with rain, feels stable. Ill rate it on par as PS3. Ree003 don't handle wet really well. Very scary

5) braking
I feel my brakes bout the same. For all 3. Never really go try E braking. But feels confident hard braking to enter corners.

6) RR (roll resistance)
Funny thing. I feel TR1 mcm lighter.? Car easier to move, compared to the other two.

7) Cornering (Tauge)
Grip is fantastic, doesn't throw, very hard to get skid sounds. Steering response is sharp. Feels very much like ree003. Thanks to the stiffer walls, doesn't feel like the car rolls as much as when using PS3. Usually i need crank up dampening a few clicks for PS3 when tauge to compensate the roll, but for TR1, i didn't change my setup and it was superb. Will try different settings next weekend.

Cons.
Conclusion.
For the price i would say definite worth the try. Still too early though to recommend to those who want to find alternative to their ree003/ps3 or even the eagle. Sorry 15inch wheels no PS4..
But i won't recommend to those who only drive normally, don't do tauge or stuff due to the threadwear. Not exactly economical. Threadwear on site grades it A only. So it bout 30k km? Till botak? But if you don't mind. Then okay.

user posted image

user posted image
Wah, such a good review for 1k KM. Thank. I will consider this tyre because im comparing with micehlin XM2 plus also
im planning to get 1 set for my car with (195/60/15) size and price is total RM 780 with free alignment n balancing.
so the treadwear on the tyre is 280 ?

fazlie_mohd
post Jul 16 2019, 02:32 AM

8 posts

Hi all, need advise/feedback from you all.

Now a bit stuck to choose either TR1 or V701.

FYI. The current V12E2 come to the ends. After around 2.5years.

VictorKeong
post Jul 16 2019, 08:11 AM

On my way
590 posts

QUOTE(ryoyukichi @ Jul 15 2019, 01:11 PM)
Wah, such a good review for 1k KM. Thank. I will consider this tyre because im comparing with micehlin XM2 plus also
im planning to get 1 set for my car with (195/60/15) size andΒ  price is total RM 780 with free alignment n balancing.
so the treadwear on the tyre is 280 ?
Should be around there. Haha
No clear info from official sites, but in FB there some ppl said 280. Not even printed on the tayar.
Btw the review only for first 1K. Im more interested to see whether it manage to hold its performance until 70-80 % threadwear like PS3

This post has been edited by VictorKeong: Jul 16 2019, 08:13 AM
jcsj1990
post Jul 16 2019, 02:33 PM

12 posts

QUOTE(zackrossi @ Apr 29 2019, 04:39 PM)
It's size 195/55/15, fits nicely on my Persona fenders, replacing my factory tires after a year using it. Cost me RM800 per set includes balancing, alignments & tyre valve. Got FOC items as mention before. The tyre shop located at Sect. 1 Wangsa Maju. Authorized TOYO shop. The shop name Len Sheng Tyre. Aslo have branch at Bandar Puteri Puchong.

user posted image
How are you finding the TR1s with your Persona? Also, can share why you went 195/55/15 vs 185/55/15?
Valentino46
post Jul 18 2019, 02:08 PM

On my way
631 posts

i wonder how it would fare against falken fk510

6UE5T
post Jul 18 2019, 09:58 PM

On my way
542 posts

QUOTE(Valentino46 @ Jul 18 2019, 02:08 PM)
i wonder how it would fare against falken fk510
My guess is FK510 is better because it's already proven better than even the higher Toyo T1 Sport.
kelvinfixx
post Jul 18 2019, 10:06 PM

Enthusiast
703 posts

Is toyo tyre better then continental ?
~Eveready~
post Jul 19 2019, 08:53 PM

Getting Started
213 posts

For Honda City 2017...is it recommended to change from default size 175/65/R15 to 195/55/R15?

I plan to change to this TR1...
WaNaWe900
post Jul 19 2019, 11:28 PM

On my way
662 posts

QUOTE(VictorKeong @ Jul 14 2019, 11:31 PM)

Weekend tauge roads.

Previous tyres
1) PS3
2) ree003

Location;
Pros.

Ree003 bout 220-250

2) NVH.
3) Dry grip.

4) wet grip

5) braking

6) RR (roll resistance)

7) Cornering (Tauge)

Cons.
Conclusion.
But i won't recommend to those who only drive normally, don't do tauge or stuff due to the threadwear. Not exactly economical. Not much details bout it but i assume its similar to the other two, maybe 280? bout 30k km? Till botak? But if you don't mind. Then okay.

user posted image

user posted image
Nice review πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ feels much better now πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

QUOTE(~Eveready~ @ Jul 19 2019, 08:53 PM)
For Honda City 2017...is it recommended to change from default size 175/65/R15 to 195/55/R15?

I plan to change to this TR1...
Maybe you can check at door if got sticker of suitable size to be use with your car... but may differ if it's not original rims.
6UE5T
post Jul 20 2019, 07:43 AM

On my way
542 posts

QUOTE(kelvinfixx @ Jul 18 2019, 10:06 PM)
Nope, in general Continental is much better than Toyo. Continental is already premium brand tire at the same level as Michelin and Goodyear while Toyo is still mid level brand similar to Falken and Hankook.
Professor Factass
post Jul 20 2019, 10:16 AM

13 posts

Continental is a premium brand but not with the local models that we have here like CC6, UC6 and MC6.

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Jul 20 2019, 07:43 AM)
Nope, in general Continental is much better than Toyo. Continental is already premium brand tire at the same level as Michelin and Goodyear while Toyo is still mid level brand similar to Falken and Hankook.
You're right Continental is a premium brand. But I don't know why Malaysia only get local made models like the rubbish CC6, UC6 and so on. Why can't we get CPC6 and all of the good stuff Europe get. I know you can get imported CSC and some other UHP COntinentals but at a massive premium. Might as well buy Michelin at that price. This is why I no longer buy and recommend others Continentals after 2 bad experiences with MC5 and CC5.
6UE5T
post Jul 20 2019, 11:29 AM

On my way
542 posts

QUOTE(Professor Factass @ Jul 20 2019, 10:16 AM)
Continental is a premium brand but not with the local models that we have here like CC6, UC6 and MC6.
You're right Continental is a premium brand. But I don't know why Malaysia only get local made models like the rubbish CC6, UC6 and so on. Why can't we get CPC6 and all of the good stuff Europe get. I know you can get imported CSC and some other UHP COntinentals but at a massive premium. Might as well buy Michelin at that price. This is why I no longer buy and recommend others Continentals after 2 bad experiences with MC5 and CC5.
Yup, unfortunately Continental Malaysia seems only interested to promote the local line up which are the crappy stuff except the old CSC3 which is still pretty good. They should have brought in the CPC6 which is a true rival to the PS4. There's one model that is still a reasonably good buy though which is the Extreme Contact Sport with price range still very similar to PS4 despite imported from Europe but performance and durability might be even better than PS4. I'm using that one now and it's better than CSC3 and 5 that I had tried before.
man
post Jul 20 2019, 01:18 PM

Getting Started
186 posts

Don't fall to brand naming. different model have different performance.
like a lot of people confident that michelin is very good but end up buying the overprice xm2
zackrossi
post Jul 22 2019, 05:57 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(jcsj1990 @ Jul 16 2019, 02:33 PM)
How are you finding the TR1s with your Persona? Also, can share why you went 195/55/15 vs 185/55/15?
Hi.
Ok already using this tyre before puasa until now. Honestly it worth my investment. Why? This tyre what i hope for. Good grip in dry & wet, i'm just a carefull owner & sometimes abit naughty at traffic light devil.gif . Recommended who want to change OEM tyres

Why I change to bigger ones @195/55/15?
1. Price difference RM10++, still acceptable for Persona fender, no scratching fenders when hitting road bumps & heavy load.
2. Contact to tarmac increase & grip more than standard size. BUT sacrifice a bit in FC, my style is always the green leaf light all the way driving to reduce FC differences.
3. Ecstatic looks. Tyre blend nicely with body.

Just my opinion of views.

user posted image

7 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 7 >Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0387sec    1.45    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 6th December 2019 - 11:03 PM