Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Official TM UniFi High Speed Broadband Thread V37, READ 1ST PAGE FOR TURBO SPEED INFO! (Unifi)

views

chun_chet
post Jan 31 2019, 04:19 PM

4 posts

Hi guys,

My unifi plan has been upgraded to 500mbps, and then i contacted TM to change my router. So they came this morning and upgraded the router to TP-LINK Archer C1200.

On default, they are using cat5e cable and my BTU is Alcatel Lucent I-240-G. The unifi tv box is also connected to the router. And i setup the router using unifi mode, qos off, nat boost on, with dual band enabled. Checked the router firmware, it is the latest.

Although my new laptop does not have LAN port but it does support 802.11ac (which should be able to reach 500mbps through WiFi).

I understand that the speed of 5ghz will get weak when the device is far away from router. BUT when i test the internet speed while sitting right beside the router, i can only get maximum 280mbps of speed while connecting through 5ghz.

Master sifus, what went wrong on the setup, and how do i reach 500mbps on WiFi.

Thank you in advance!!
chun_chet
post Jan 31 2019, 05:09 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(SilentVampire @ Jan 31 2019, 04:55 PM)
You screwed up by asking TM to change your router. The TP-Link AC1200 does NOT support 500Mbps on Wifi, as you now know. Look at 1st page, 1st post, green text, for list of compatible routers that support 500Mbps. The TP-Link AC1200 is not one of them, and you should have bought your own rather than asking TM to change for you.
Yeah you are right, do you think i can call TM to cancel the upgrade? Alright then does it support up to 500mbps through LAN?

Damn i f-ed up. Should have read this earlier..

chun_chet
post Jan 31 2019, 06:38 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(Cynox @ Jan 31 2019, 06:18 PM)
Only if he has an alternative option at his place then only can consider not to be "jailed".  For my place (JB), there is no other choice, so jail or not is not actually relevant.
But he is now paying the same for 30mbps.  Upgrade to 100mbps with same price - free speed upgrade, why not?
RM129 already include the useless TV plan, it is actually RM99 + RM30 stated in the bill.  Please try to talk to another TM Point guy/lady.  The RM129 package should be nett nett, no more extra charges.
You are now "upgrading" from 30mbps to 100mbps, so should be able to direct upgrade.  Worth a trip to TM Point to get the 70mbps upgrade.  But they may add 2 years contract to your existing half year instead of recounting the 2 years from now.  But only relevant if you have another alternative ISP to choose from.  Else, 2.5 years or 2 years doesn't really matter.
What channels does the RM129 unifi tv package include?
chun_chet
post Feb 2 2019, 11:08 AM

4 posts

QUOTE(Cynox @ Jan 31 2019, 06:45 PM)
I think mine is standard Ruby package.  I din make any changes from my previous Turbo 800mbps standard package.  I am not using the service at all.
That day the TM customer service told me that if i change to the RM129 100mbps plan, there will be no Unifi TV service, where I can only watch the channels using Unifi TV app, and cant access them using the TV box. Is that true?

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1737sec    0.36    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th July 2021 - 06:42 AM