Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Unifi TV Ver 2, Formerly known as HyppTV

views

Feliex
post Dec 7 2019, 07:06 PM

Enthusiast
729 posts

I found up the Ruby Plus pack, the National Geographic has been removing to watching from TV via STB. We have to subscribe RM9 in order to continue watching Start from November.

WTF is this? Can TM do this with the contract ???
Feliex
post Dec 7 2019, 10:13 PM

Enthusiast
729 posts

QUOTE(jusbella @ Dec 7 2019, 07:11 PM)
Yes can, they in charge whatever they can without notification. They have the right as well.
What the ranting.gif FCUK ranting.gif ranting.gif

Like this where is the fair, subscribe UNIFI network, then die die must COME with Unifi TV (hypptv) now everything still in contract, but then suddenly amendment the channel list.

Trick Customer like budak...CCB

Feliex
post Dec 7 2019, 10:15 PM

Enthusiast
729 posts

QUOTE(AV_2018 @ Dec 7 2019, 09:47 PM)
1. Can only use STB if current plan/account supports STB. You should have a xxx@iptv username and password that is DIFFERENT from playTV app password.
2. Check if STB is set to Unifi mode or Streamyx mode in the settings. Need change to Unifi to use on Unifi IPTV VLAN.
3. Connect to port 4 of router (VLAN600).
4. Need call TM to bind the STB if you can't login successfully. This can usually only be done by TM installer/technician.
* for working unifi tv, multicast connectivity red cross is usual. At least number 1 to 5(NTP) should be in green with cable connected without Wi-Fi.
Consider lucky that TM didn't suddenly increase total pack price like astro last time without choice.
The problem is the account still in contract lehhh
Feliex
post Jan 15 2020, 12:22 PM

Enthusiast
729 posts

If the new unifi TV box can run AOTG and Netflix 4k, definitely is must to grab.
Feliex
post Jan 15 2020, 12:24 PM

Enthusiast
729 posts

QUOTE(taqu @ Jan 15 2020, 09:53 AM)
From the FAQ, looks like the new STB no longer needs VLAN 600 to run. That's good news 👍

OTOH I guess the new STB is actually a pretty powerful Android 9 TV box running PlayTV app. If it's the same app, some channels are still missing subtitles.

I'll wait and see first 🤗
I no think so this is a good news. Since VLAN 600 is dedicated bandwidth for unifi channel & did not mix with our main bandwidth.
Feliex
post Jan 15 2020, 08:09 PM

Enthusiast
729 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Jan 15 2020, 01:16 PM)
To some extent, if it's true that the new Unifi Plus Box no longer uses VLAN 600, then it's a good news.
I know VLAN can have dedicated bandwidth just for Unifi IPTV service, but at the same time, it causes lots of complicated configuration on the router and their side just to be able to use Unifi TV service.
After all, now Unifi has 100Mbps, 300Mbps.... up to 800Mbps speeds, so in my opinion, don't have that VLAN also never mind.

Talking about "mixing" your main Internet speed package, theoretically in my opinion, TM's side can put an exception on bandwidth utilisation on Unifi TV service, so that it won't slow down your main Internet bandwidth whenever you watch Unifi TV.
After all, the fibre cable that enters to your home can actually support more than 1Gbps. It only up to the ISP like TM, whether they wanna provide you that kind of speeds or not.
Let say you subscribed to 100Mbps, and now while you download/upload stuff and it fully utilises 100Mbps, you also watch a UHD channel on Unifi TV (e.g. Love Nature 4K),
Even if you combine both, it's still a lot more unutilised bandwidth remaining that the fibre cable can handle.

If Unifi TV are confident that its Unifi TV streaming service can be very stable even without VLAN (you could say, as stable as similar like Netflix), then it's fine actually...

This is kinda similar like what Astro Go is doing. OTT platform seem less complicated than IPTV platform, don't you think?

So if it's true that if Unifi TV don't uses VLAN, hmm, does it mean Unifi TV service:
-can easily access to Unifi TV service even on WiFi connection, similar like what Streamyx customer enjoy previously?
-can be accessed through other ISPs such as Maxis Fibre, TIME Fibre, and even 4G, 5G cellular, since it can work even without VLAN?
-Unifi TV is in transition to OTT platform, and slowly moving away from IPTV platform?
-sooner or later, no more having that "LAN 4 port" restriction, hence user can connect to any LAN ports on the router?
-will work just fine either on WiFi or LAN connection. So if customer worry it'll slow down the overall WiFi speed, customer can always go for LAN cable connection just like now...?

If you pay close attention enough, nowadays Astro don't advertise much on their Astro IPTV service, but more focused on "Astro & Broadband" offerings.
Hmm, IPTV is slowly becoming a dying trend/sunset technology in Malaysia, and moving towards OTT platform?  hmm.gif
QUOTE(taqu @ Jan 15 2020, 01:31 PM)
The pros for using a dedicated VLAN 600 for IPTV:

1. Dedicated bandwidth for IPTV. Very important when Unifi speed still 10-20 Mbps.

The cons of using a dedicated VLAN 600 for IPTV:

1. Need a compatible router.
2. Your STB must be connected to your router eg Port 4. If you want to put it away eg router in store room, TV on living room, you need to extend a LAN cable or use a Powerline.

As we have 100 Mbps and more with good latency, VLAN 600 is no longer necessary. Youtube & Netflix can stream 4K without problems so why not TM follow suit.
i lazy to talk about packet tracer things, but the easier way to said is:

An ETS train direct from JB to Perlis is more FASTER compare to ETS train (JB to Perlis) but it will stop at the Major State station to fetch on/off other customer.

QUOTE(AV_2018 @ Jan 15 2020, 01:38 PM)
On playTV app, Love Nature HD only has bitrates lower than 1Mbps available whereas some Chinese channels that are not really in HD are available in up to 4.8Mbps. Looks like they mess up again.
Don't forget about multicast. With dedicated VLAN can use multicast so the server can easily provide high bitrate channels to many users simultaneously without congestion. Dedicated VLAN also has guaranteed quality of service unlike Internet which is best effort.
Can't compare with Netflix and YouTube. Their bitrates are not high quality enough (can still see banding and microblocking often) and they sometimes buffer.
I Agree with your point thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by Feliex: Jan 15 2020, 08:20 PM
Feliex
post Jan 22 2020, 11:06 AM

Enthusiast
729 posts

QUOTE(patchin @ Jan 22 2020, 11:04 AM)
Look like Unifi got 4K ready TV box in the market.

https://sea.mashable.com/tech/8635/unifis-n...es-how-it-works
Welcome to the world smile.gif
Feliex
post Jan 17 2024, 10:46 AM

Enthusiast
729 posts

QUOTE(digita1tech @ Jan 16 2024, 11:26 AM)
I think its time for them to up the audio/visual quality, their APP quality (donut loading issue)....its already quite pricey nowadays since their already surpass RM100++ for their flagship packs! There's no need for 4K, but visually and framerate needs to be at least 50fps !!
Digital transmission should be 60fps!

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1509sec    0.27    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:12 AM