Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Is there a rental reduction trend going on now ?, Your input, personal experience and comm

views

AskarPerang
post Jan 13 2019, 10:44 PM

~tUPaI...~
Group: All Stars

The funny thing is got many property guru / sifu still keep on saying that rental price will increase over time due to inflation.
If today you are getting negative cash flow return, but hold few years later will get break even or positive cash flow due to able to increase the rental each year.

Well, all those stuff yesterday story. Not happening in the current market today. With affordable homes like rumahwip also renting out openly now plus able to offer cheap rent as the owner got the unit at a cheaper price, so dont think market will improve in the near future.
David_77
post Jan 13 2019, 10:57 PM

In a hurry to make up for lost time!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(AskarPerang @ Jan 13 2019, 10:44 PM)
The funny thing is got many property guru / sifu still keep on saying that rental price will increase over time due to inflation.
If today you are getting negative cash flow return, but hold few years later will get break even or positive cash flow due to able to increase the rental each year.

Well, all those stuff yesterday story. Not happening in the current market today. With affordable homes like rumahwip also renting out openly now plus able to offer cheap rent as the owner got the unit at a cheaper price, so dont think market will improve in the near future.
So what’s the plan? Stop investing in properties?
Sand Dust
post Jan 13 2019, 11:08 PM

On my way

Guess onw dont need to stay invested all the time. Keep bullet, or better still, use the money to enjoy life ans so something useful for the society.
BEANCOUNTER
post Jan 13 2019, 11:14 PM

10k Club

QUOTE(Sand Dust @ Jan 13 2019, 11:08 PM)
Guess onw dont need to stay invested all the time. Keep bullet, or better still, use the money to enjoy life ans so something useful for the society.
I beg to differ...
Property investment is still a must but must change method and expectation.
David_77
post Jan 13 2019, 11:17 PM

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Jan 13 2019, 11:14 PM)
I beg to differ...
Property investment is still a must but must change method and expectation.
Boss, can share some thoughts on your statements?
BEANCOUNTER
post Jan 13 2019, 11:20 PM

10k Club

QUOTE(David_77 @ Jan 13 2019, 11:17 PM)
Boss, can share some thoughts on your statements?
Each to its own.

I just want to buy or sell one property every two years on average.

Its my force saving strategy.....and keep my hand off my cash....

Gross profit wont be over 30% in general but as long as i am not making losses, i like to keep it as my hobby.
David_77
post Jan 13 2019, 11:23 PM

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Jan 13 2019, 11:20 PM)
Each to its own.

I just want to buy or sell one property every two years on average.

Its my force saving strategy.....and keep my hand off my cash....

Gross profit wont be over 30% in general but as long as i am not making losses, i like to keep it as my hobby.
Thanks boss. So it’s like passive flipping? Just that don’t have high expectation on profit, something like that?
nexona88
post Jan 13 2019, 11:27 PM

VIP Club House

QUOTE(silverwave @ Jan 13 2019, 12:34 PM)
I am having a similar issue and my unit is fully furnished, so the rental is higher than bare units. Entering the 3rd month now, with no luck. I've given 5 agents to advertise and i'm thinking if i should advertisement myself (though i don't know what kind of tenants will enquiry since i don't have the pre screening ability like agents).

When i got the unit in 2014 (property prices were at it's peak), the previous owner was renting it at Rm300 more.
try to reduce the rate little lower....
I know yours fully furnished... but nowadays is oversupply situation... tenants have long list to pick...
BEANCOUNTER
post Jan 13 2019, 11:27 PM

10k Club

QUOTE(David_77 @ Jan 13 2019, 11:23 PM)
Thanks boss. So it’s like passive flipping? Just that don’t have high expectation on profit, something like that?
Yes........flipping cant work already.....

Go for rent 1st and see how the market react.....

At least if bull time return, you got stock on hand....
David_77
post Jan 13 2019, 11:29 PM

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Jan 13 2019, 11:27 PM)

Thanks for the pointers 🙏
nexona88
post Jan 13 2019, 11:32 PM

VIP Club House

QUOTE(icemanfx @ Jan 13 2019, 10:53 AM)
In a few years time, currently new service apartment will walk down the same path as old apartment.
agreed.
but what would be the hottest property that time? Landed??
icemanfx
post Jan 13 2019, 11:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Many property guru/sifu have vested interest or are hired gun, should take their advise/opinion with a large pinch of salt.

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Jan 13 2019, 11:27 PM)

Until overhang is reduced substantially, price is unlikely to rise. given number of overhang, it is likely to take longer than most expected to reduce substantially.

by or about 2030, malaysia will become ageing nation; if ageing country like japan is any precedent, property is likely on long decline.

IF and by the next property bull run, recently vped property will be aged and undesirable like currently older condo.

This post has been edited by icemanfx: Jan 14 2019, 12:03 AM
Quang1819
post Jan 14 2019, 12:00 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(SongSongLai @ Jan 13 2019, 10:45 AM)
Tenant from 1050sf RM1500 rental old apartment move to new 850sf RM1700 rental new service apartment is the trend now..end up all the old apartment force to rent to bangla is the trend now
Because there are oversupplied of new condos lol

Sucks to rent to those foreigner especially their hygiene issue as they'll dirt up the unit over time. But you can make way more from renting to locals.
BEANCOUNTER
post Jan 14 2019, 12:03 AM

10k Club

QUOTE(Quang1819 @ Jan 14 2019, 12:00 AM)
Because there are oversupplied of new condos lol

Sucks to rent to those foreigner especially their hygiene issue as they'll dirt up the unit over time. But you can make way more from renting to locals.
These days you rent to locals they also may not stay there....instead of foreign workers
Quang1819
post Jan 14 2019, 12:07 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Jan 14 2019, 12:03 AM)
These days you rent to locals they also may not stay there....instead of foreign workers
True also lah. But I think the picky ones are mostly kakilang one. Not kakilang usually not that picky, but collecting the rent sibeh hard
BEANCOUNTER
post Jan 14 2019, 01:23 PM

10k Club

QUOTE(Quang1819 @ Jan 14 2019, 12:07 AM)
True also lah. But I think the picky ones are mostly kakilang one. Not kakilang usually not that picky, but collecting the rent sibeh hard
being landlord in Malaysia always got screwed one...…..bcos the existing laws siding more towards tenants and its humanity ground...….really cb one.....

might as well we all don't act as landlords,,,,,see how these tenants find places to stay.....under the bridge? next to the berry nice river of life perhaps....
woolei
post Jan 14 2019, 02:08 PM

Regular

dont we have any regulation to stop rumahwip from renting out?
example that casa green at bukit jalid, alot of rumahwip dude just buy and rent out only.
BEANCOUNTER
post Jan 14 2019, 02:22 PM

10k Club

[quote=woolei,Jan 14 2019, 02:08 PM]
dont we have any regulation to stop rumahwip from renting out?
example that casa green at bukit jalid, alot of rumahwip dude just buy and rent out only.

[/quote

yes regulation....prohibit to rent to foreigners...…..

buy yr jmb will have final say...…..

but if they are muslim bro and sis from other countries, how can you say no to them?
yeeck
post Jan 15 2019, 12:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!

https://www.iproperty.com.my/news/rumahwip-...-on-conditions/

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0740sec    1.12    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 27th May 2019 - 05:59 AM