Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Is there a rental reduction trend going on now ?, Your input, personal experience and comm

views

AskarPerang
post Jan 12 2019, 02:46 PM

~tUPaI...~
All Stars
23,136 posts

QUOTE(tmc @ Jan 12 2019, 02:41 PM)
My tenant left my unit and now I have been looking for a tenant, but agent thinks my asking price need to drop rm200 to be comparable with market. I am keeping the same rate but coming to two month over, cannot find a tenant.

Is there a rental rate drop going on ?
Normal at today situation when supply > demand.
Especially when got newer supply completed offering the same rental package. Of course people will move on and rent from the newer unit.
For slightly old place will have to adjust the rental to remain competitive.

Here an example: https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...post&p=89989592

My tenant move out to a another condo same building for RM900 a month cause it aircon and kitchen cabinet. I rented out at 1.2k.

AskarPerang
post Jan 13 2019, 10:44 PM

~tUPaI...~
All Stars
23,136 posts

The funny thing is got many property guru / sifu still keep on saying that rental price will increase over time due to inflation.
If today you are getting negative cash flow return, but hold few years later will get break even or positive cash flow due to able to increase the rental each year.

Well, all those stuff yesterday story. Not happening in the current market today. With affordable homes like rumahwip also renting out openly now plus able to offer cheap rent as the owner got the unit at a cheaper price, so dont think market will improve in the near future.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0129sec    0.41    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:25 PM