Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Grab Driver Discussion V5 (2019 & 2020), Info and FAQ

views

simongs
post Jul 8 2019, 09:24 PM

6 posts

hmm i am also in same predicament..i think my tune insurance also do not provide e hailing add on and tune is not on grab panel so i am also stuck..don't know how long to cancel tune and buy new one and re-do road tax??
simongs
post Jul 9 2019, 01:59 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(fuchsialowe @ Jul 9 2019, 10:16 AM)
Cars below 3 years old no need to send to Puspakom.

If you're sending to puspakom, make sure of these things:

1) front windscreen visibility 75%. Be prepared to peel off your tinting if tak lepas
2) put your fire extinguisher (1kg) on the passenger seat floor
3) first aid kit needed for 7 seater
4) safety triangle needed for all cars

If tak lepas need to pay RM25 to recheck those things that tak lepas. Go to Glenmarie puspakom. Small outlet shorter queue.
i am not even sure if they are checking the VLT of the windscreen as my puspakom approval did not mention about it
i also pulled out the front and driver both side tints while waiting in puspakom queue but lastly in their report they did not mention anything about windscreen VLT levels... as for the fire extinguisher i just kept it in the booth and it was no issue for them.

simongs
post Aug 6 2019, 02:55 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(far82east @ Aug 5 2019, 08:31 PM)
Fxxk!!! Today i got my first 1star rate by CB rider. Want to vent out. I saw new comment said passenger felt you could be more polite. Wtf?

Every time i pick rider i always said hello/hi/salam without fail. And when i drop them off always say tq without fail. This rider must be d indian old lady i send off yesterday. Send her so far into ulu area sure empty handed go back. Then she tell me the drop off point is different. So i told her so actually the drop point you key in grap app is wrong lar. Maybe that wat make her rate me 1 star and oso maybe she not happy need to pay almost rm30 for the fare so expensive to her home. Nvr give me extra i nvr even ask eventhough her house so ulu area.

I know i dun make small talk so much. Usually i very quiet when with rider. Sometime only i talk if they want to talk. You want me to be more polite? All other rider can give me alot of badge for comfy n clean car  excellent service great personality etc but u rate me 1 star? If 4 star n with tat comment is understandable liao.

If crap can let me ban tis 1 star rater rider i sure ban dun want to pick her anymore haizzz...next time go ride with someone else you see me pls cancel the ride.
Some riders think they are hell of a great. I do encounter some who immediately like to msg "i am already there" the moment their request is sent to a driver. So what wait lah till the driver arrives. He is not going to appear in a moment of magic

simongs
post Aug 6 2019, 04:47 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(yoonyin @ Aug 6 2019, 03:51 PM)
Maybe what the rider meant, they already at the pick up point standing by, so that you can directly spot them when you arrive.
To me it does not sound like that. Some of those who msg me i am already there in few seconds msg me "where are you". So my interpretation is different a bit...hehe

simongs
post Aug 6 2019, 04:53 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(Calvin871989 @ Aug 6 2019, 04:22 PM)
Well they are only giving you a heads up which is a good practice in my opinion. All riders should practice this. If fact crap should force this practice for all riders.

You would be more pissed off if a rider book crap (without any heads up message) and after you arrive they are still not there yet. Then they give you excuse and ask you to wait 5 minutes because their taking a shit , waiting for lift , and other 101 bullshit excuses.

Correct ?
Thats right too. But still in my opinion the heads up is not really necessary as even if they are not ready waiting at the pick up spot you will still drive there without any delay right? So since their app will show how long it takes they should wait till the time finish and then only start to call or msg

simongs
post Aug 16 2019, 05:37 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(george steve @ Aug 7 2019, 02:24 PM)
I think their software team is bunch of half baked nuts and very likely the third party handling their software could be a cheap Indian outfit.
are all indian outfits cheap and half baked nuts.
simongs
post Oct 16 2019, 01:07 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(fictionz @ Oct 16 2019, 12:27 PM)
Anyone full time? Satisfied ah?
i am full time..
Every mth 5000 to 7000km covered
Need service car and other maintenance occasonally
Almost Drive 12 hours plus plus everyday eccept sunday
Yet i dont see my money..all gone for something
Able to meet my installments and bills
Not worth it in my honest opinion

simongs
post Oct 16 2019, 01:12 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(yhtan @ Oct 16 2019, 09:27 AM)
KLIA issue also haven't solve now, waiting at landside or charterfield won't grant u job. Their system is totally fucuk up since last week
i sent ppl to klia last sat..entered the area got the msg im in queue number so and so need wait 300 hours...as usual i dont wait and coming bck to nilai...near inti roundabout i got ping to pick from klia2...i am already out of their radius..i jz cancel

This post has been edited by simongs: Oct 16 2019, 01:13 PM
simongs
post Oct 16 2019, 03:56 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(Crapper @ Oct 16 2019, 01:32 PM)
Wow. 300hours
haha suppose to be 300minutes

simongs
post Oct 16 2019, 03:59 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(ANewcomer @ Oct 16 2019, 02:04 PM)
what car are you driving for grab full time? Bezza?
a 8 years old toyota vios dugong

simongs
post Oct 22 2019, 10:00 AM

6 posts

Just want to know if anyone else tgink that grab distance calculator can be wrong..yesterday got trip frm beranang ,selangor to temerloh when i opened it waze and google the distance to reach was abt 170km plus but why grab calculates around 120km plus and i believe the fare is calculated according to distance

user posted image
simongs
post Oct 22 2019, 10:21 AM

6 posts

Even from jalan pahang gh it is over 130 km

user posted image
simongs
post Oct 22 2019, 06:58 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(Ron2828 @ Oct 22 2019, 11:40 AM)
Grab calculate with pembaris as usual

Btw you come back empty?
yes empty regretted going
Tolak commission got about rm180 smthing
Petrol roughly to go thr frm beranang and bck my hse in seremban rm40plus
Coming bck used lancang-kualapilah-sban old road
The worst part was the destination was sime darby plantation inside a jungle where no tar road for at least 6 to 7 km so the last 6 to 7km to rch thr took me abt 30 to 40mins as heavy rain and the terrain was red earth and stones. After tht another 30to40mins to use the same route bck to the main road my car completely covered by mud after come out that estate.
All took mny hours from 5pm start ended at home 12.30am

simongs
post Oct 22 2019, 09:09 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(diffyhelman2 @ Oct 22 2019, 07:17 PM)
What kind of car? Sounds like need pickup truck or 4wd for those kind of roads
my car is old dugong vios..the idiot customer was a foreigner who could not speak malay but spoke very little basic english so he did not tell me properly..next time if long distance trip n foreigner who cannot speak i am going to shit on his face..and push him into the sungai

simongs
post Oct 22 2019, 09:28 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(awiekupo @ Oct 22 2019, 07:32 PM)
no toll?
going time total toll was rm22 and i already collect from the customer on top of the fare
Coming back toll qas rm6 frm temerloh to lancang...the rest i continued on trunk road

simongs
post Oct 22 2019, 09:31 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(andrwss @ Oct 22 2019, 07:45 PM)
My advice is only do jobs with tar road lol, maintenance cost on ur car on bad road is way too much, one tire puncit gg
yup totally agree..i am going to add this question from now on..got tar road or not ?? Nvr thought of this all these while as never got trips to estate or off road

simongs
post Oct 23 2019, 09:16 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(destiny6 @ Oct 23 2019, 01:33 PM)
Why accept oh? Cannot tell passenger to cancel since it's outside KV?
i was relunctant but looking at the fare and thinking can settle the 180km distance in abt 2 hrs made me go ahead but never thought the last part was on estate terrain

simongs
post Oct 26 2019, 11:39 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(Crapper @ Oct 26 2019, 08:32 PM)
Even can sapu high fare job from another driver.
I believed many of you lost your grab job but when you check in history, there is nothing.. modder sucked high fare job from you
yes modders can do anything but stealing from others and filling their ricebowl will not last long..now they can be happy but how long can the happiness last
simongs
post Nov 11 2019, 12:08 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(Ron2828 @ Nov 9 2019, 09:51 PM)
Fined for not displaying stickers?how much?

I am still driving without sticker for now
if driving late night i take it out for safety reason...dont want robbers to knw i may be carrying a bit of cash

simongs
post Nov 22 2019, 05:51 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(Jiao2 Itchy @ Nov 22 2019, 04:55 PM)
anyway, i want to ask sifu2 sekalian here ya.. apologies in advance for the long post..

i got a friend he do grab. he told me he one day earns about 300~400.. On good days can earn up to 400, on not so good days he earn say 280++..

So lets say average he earn per day is 300 la.. He drive 5 weeks a day. He quit his normal job to do grab full time. Currently he is driving or working i should say about same amount of hours as he was working in office before this.. Monday-Friday, driving time is different he say he do morning till noon, then take break and continue evening till night time.. but estimate he work around 10 hours per day..

So based on that 300x5= 1500/week so 6k per month he earns. after minus grab commission he get 4.8k.. He told me his car loan is fully paid, so he only pays for petrol and maintenance every now and then.. I not sure he use how much petrol a month but i guess around 800 can cover for petrol? or lets say 1k for petrol..

So my question is, therefore he earns 3.8k per month nett.. I think that is quite decent no? About the same or even higher salary than fresh grads.. He told me if he wants more money that week/month he work on saturday/sunday or work longer as well..

My question is just this because from my POV it seems this grab job for him is quite sustainable.. For more clarifications: He is living with family and he has a gf so he does spend on dating and stuff.. So i want your thoughts on this since you guys are more experienced than me.
he will be running about 7000 to 9000 km per month to earn that 6k...so every month need to change engine oil
Seriously i dont see how he finds TIME to spend with gf..per day drive 12 hrs..sleep 8hrs..

Its a shitty job...it can never come close to a actual "job" with medical benefits,promotion increment,prospect,annual leave...i have been in actual job 20 over years and made mistake to resign to take up another job only to discover it didnt suit me and had to resign and as no other source of incomrle i resort to do grab past 2 yrs..and regret it..still looking for a job n will never look back to grab as full time

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1843sec    0.73    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 10th December 2022 - 10:36 AM