> Grab Driver Discussion V5 (2019 & 2020), Info and FAQ

views

shyghost
post Jan 4 2019, 09:39 AM

Getting Started
113 posts

QUOTE(ZeroHavoc @ Jan 4 2019, 04:05 AM)
reverse park on 1st page!
I cut Q and reversed to 1st post b4 you. Pull handbrake and lock vehicle... thank you and good nite. Me reporting in. A new driver... just a month ago. Thank you for all the guidance in the previous versions... biggrin.gif

Congrats on the new page... awaiting further instructions on new MOT rules... and petrol rumours gonna be RM1.90. icon_idea.gif

Have a niceeeeeee day! laugh.gif

shyghost
post Jan 10 2019, 09:38 AM

Getting Started
113 posts

QUOTE(Artak @ Jan 9 2019, 09:31 PM)
reporting iin for 2019.
I again want to thank all of thohse sifu whho had heeelped mee whhen I had hhit rock bottom. I dunno hhow I would surviive 2018 wiithout them.

II thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

(again, sorry for my keyboard. I dunno whats wrong with it lol)
Hello Sifu! Happy New Thread 2019... since no hg, how are you coping with TB? Since you become sifu very seldom replying here oredi. Give invitation to join this thread telegram oso dun wanna layan us! Hahahaha... tongue.gif

QUOTE(hickups @ Jan 9 2019, 11:30 PM)
Fucking asshole guy...i hope they loose next election...
Support taxi too much...
Let him layan taxi ppl lah... there will be no ending for him to kowtow to them... how to satisfy ppl who always whines everything?

QUOTE(Ron2828 @ Jan 10 2019, 09:12 AM)
This year CNY maybe i wont go back to my hometown.is demand during last CNY good?hopefully its like Hari raya so can earn more....
This CNY will not be lucrative like last time... All drivers will drive. Riders balik kampong. KV will be deserted by rider only grab car drive around looking for riders... More supply than demand so bangau the whole long holiday. Whatodo... desperate times!

QUOTE(hickups @ Jan 10 2019, 09:17 AM)
He loose....
Hes being unfair..dont u think?..im ok with the new regulations...better for ft drivers....but till now he never touch on taxi drivers..put them under some app like grab..where riders can rate n complaint them...and if bad...ban or suspend justt like grab  do...suspended have to go reeducation..if not cannot drive taxi....take out the bad drivers...
That is the same level playing field lah... put taxi ar,dr,cr... see if they survive onot... imagine those bad apple have to go to re education class? hahahaha... that will be the day!

This post has been edited by shyghost: Jan 10 2019, 09:50 AM
shyghost
post Jan 10 2019, 10:18 AM

Getting Started
113 posts

QUOTE(river.sand @ Jan 10 2019, 10:07 AM)
What are your rationale behind these claims  hmm.gif
Go grab office and see long line of new drivers... Those who celebrate CNY only off during CNY eve for family dinner... after that... long holiday they all drive... Those who dun celebrate CNY will still drive like usual but all riders in KV balik kampongs... Can you see the predictions happening? flex.gif

As I said... desperate times... most of all wanna take advantage of last CNY without MOT ruling... cool2.gif

Do you agree? hmm.gif
shyghost
post Jan 10 2019, 10:42 AM

Getting Started
113 posts

QUOTE(bcombat @ Jan 10 2019, 10:27 AM)
lots of Malay driver will be online during cny
Yes... I agree...

QUOTE(yhtan @ Jan 10 2019, 10:29 AM)
After reading some news, i know why grab die die don't want follow the regulation.

U see that big boss of blue taxi company in the press conference? Seem happy right. What he highlighted inside is truly amazing and no wonder grab die die don't want to follow. If u use grab and so happen blue taxi pick u up, cannot follow fix fare and must follow blue colour taxi meter fare.

This mean grab upfront fix fare is useless when u hail taxi and it will definitely hurt grab laugh.gif

Now it is war time between taxi and grab, either grab bow down to taxi request or organize their own fleet and ditch taxi out from their system once and for all.
In the end... riders will decide the result... Like rakyat who decide who is the government... riders who got burned a few times by blue or red white car will look for grabcar only. Why riders wanna choose taxi and be a peasant? They rather go grabcar and be treated like a king...

Remember cash is KING!!!
shyghost
post Jan 10 2019, 11:15 AM

Getting Started
113 posts

QUOTE(yhtan @ Jan 10 2019, 10:49 AM)
upcoming July, u sure grab has sufficient fleet on their hand to maintain the demand? to fill up the shortage, either ask taxi join or create their own fleet. Of course ask taxi join has lower cost to bear with.

Problem for taxi is, for KL city centre job or highly congested route, the fare is just pathetic low. Even with their time booster also cannot compensate accordingly.
Still rider choose grabcar becos of fixed fare in congested area. Business wise... a company sure choose 25%comm drivers than the 10%comm... We grab drivers are very resilient unlike myteksi... once fare go low they cepat2 cabut bcos taxi know still can pickup roadside pax.

Those grab drivers who kenot tahan lowfare oredi look other job and gantung kunci... for those who still drive... Congrats to we all to ride the storm... Stay strong!
shyghost
post Jan 10 2019, 11:39 AM

Getting Started
113 posts

QUOTE(river.sand @ Jan 10 2019, 11:15 AM)
Even Malays went travel in the past CNY.

I drove along NSE from KL to Perak. When stuck in jam, I looked around. There were more Malays than Chinese.
We Msian loves holiday... it does not matter what celebration... Those are riders balik kampungs... say bye2 to surge or b2b jobs... cry.gif
shyghost
post Jan 14 2019, 09:47 AM

Getting Started
113 posts

QUOTE(bcombat @ Jan 12 2019, 10:32 AM)
after July, once we register commercial insurance...our car become commercial used and no longer private used purpose
resale value gg liao.
It is well known high mileage cars decrease car value. but it is unavoidable when doing ehailing, same goes for your smartphones, prolong period of usage will also shorten the battery lifespan. logic dictates if you wanna have a good resale value, stay away from ehailing or any high mileage actions or commercial vehicles.

QUOTE(AMDAthlon @ Jan 13 2019, 08:43 PM)
If CR higher than 10% is it straightaway ban on the next week or it will only ban after certain repeated warning(ie, 3 times in a row CR higher than 10%)?
Some say high cr or low ar warning and re education will only take effect on the 2nd week when it happens again, but dun take my word for it.

On another note, Grab is actively looking for non compact car and drivers. Please dun fall to this tarp. Grab knows bcos of the new system, TB,AA... more and more 1.5cc to 2.0cc drivers stop driving bcos of cannot sustain the model anymore. HG last year was up to the nose for these drivers and replace with TB,AA,TO was the final nail to the coffin. If we drive compact cars can barely make ends meet, you can imagine how 1.5cc cars wanna survive. rclxub.gif

You might think if you score a top up driver get driver bonus by helping to enroll a non compact car driver is satisfying but in the long run, when grab is confortable with its supply of non compact car arsenal, slowly the compact car drivers will be eliminated by ban, rules or regulations. puke.gif

If you drive compact cars, be it msian or euro cars, you are the among the expendables in Grab... you can be replace in no time... grab is making sedan, suv and mpv their golden goose now. So be aware! whistling.gif

Grab will be very excited when a non compact car driver register.... but when a compact car register.... Hmm...Sigh... bangwall.gif

shyghost
post Jan 14 2019, 10:42 AM

Getting Started
113 posts

QUOTE(yhtan @ Jan 14 2019, 10:02 AM)
Those who use City/Vios to do grabcar+, mostly are doing it part time and if u calculate in details, a car worth of RM80k to get additional earning of 15% only, doing full time using this car is just give u lower return. Might as well go for Proton Persona which cost u around RM43k.
P1 persona FC good? can it rival p2? A hybrid car shud be able to solve the cost/profit ratio I guess...

Be smart people... donot enroll new sedan,suv,mpv. those who already in let them sapu the leftovers from existing old drivers hang keys.
shyghost
post Jan 16 2019, 10:08 AM

Getting Started
113 posts

QUOTE(lznce2679 @ Jan 15 2019, 08:27 PM)
Grab: Dear XXX, we have found cases of driver-partners using modified apps/devices to choose jobs and this has affected the income of honest driver-partners. We are working on identifying and removing these driver-partners from the platform. We sincerely apologise if this has negatively affected you in any way recently. If you know of any driver-partners who are using modified apps/devices, please report it to us via the button below.

yeah right grub..
Grab programmer make it look like catching this modder is as easy as creating a template CS answer... Please laaa.... if you can catch them, you've would have done it a long time ago when HG scheme is profitable. Grab logic:- 1 driver ban... 10 will replace them... Modder logic:- You ban me this week? Well, no problem, next week I come back with a different.... (not going to say but you know what laa) puke.gif

QUOTE(Grabtology @ Jan 16 2019, 09:25 AM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Like you said... real math real world differs, some days plus, other days loss... Smile when it is a plus and bite it when it is a loss... Happy driving and Good luck to you sir! thumbup.gif

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Jan 16 2019, 09:44 AM)
Come join telegram group

We have brothers inside just divorced few weeks ago

We might need you to be the consellor inside laugh.gif
Haha true rclxms.gif
SSyyhhhhh...quiet!... Telegram topic dun spill to the forum... LYN forumers all scared to enter telegram... afraid to get recognized and known... However... they're lost then... telegram always got tips to score jerungs when and where... Opss... I talk to much!!! whistling.gif
shyghost
post Jan 17 2019, 08:50 AM

Getting Started
113 posts

QUOTE(Pjman @ Jan 16 2019, 08:30 PM)
- [ ] Grab KV: Dear x x x  we will run a 4-day GrabCar Plus campaign from 17 - 20 Jan 2019 to further improve GrabCar Plus driver-partner's earnings. During the campaign, the GrabCar Plus service type will be automatically turned on

You will continue to enjoy the benefits:
1. The fare for GrabCar Plus jobs are higher than JustGrab jobs.
2. A higher Time Booster amount compared to JustGrab and we also recently increased it

You can choose to turn on/off the GrabCar Plus service type ANYTIME 21 Jan 2019 onwards by going to your app settings, located under your driver profile.
- [ ]

What game crapcar wish to play now? 🤯

First grab send referral bonus for new driver that drive gc+ and 6s, now with this gc+ campaign... U know that more gc+ and 6s drivers is quitting bcos of the low fare and tb. Grab is feeling the pinch of losing premium drivers and cars.

Grab can say whatever but actions dun lie....
shyghost
post Feb 11 2019, 11:18 AM

Getting Started
113 posts

I drive because I need the money. As soon as my PL and all my liabilities is paid off, then I will drive grab for fun like you.

Most of FT drivers do not have any passive income like you.

OK, Why don't you please list here things that is more lucrative than grab... No capitol needed (not even rm1K) other than the car you own to start this thing more lucrative than grab.

This post has been edited by shyghost: Feb 11 2019, 11:31 AM
shyghost
post Feb 11 2019, 11:30 AM

Getting Started
113 posts

QUOTE(yhtan @ Feb 11 2019, 10:51 AM)
both of them better pay income tax, showing your income by social media is a bad move given by current government financial situation
With great income comes great Lhdn officer... Hahaha...

Everybody like to use this Brokai as a success story, it really become stale already... Showing the 1% highest achievers to the rest 99% losers.... kinda remind me of... err... I dunno... MLM?
shyghost
post Feb 11 2019, 02:54 PM

Getting Started
113 posts

QUOTE(GrabberJan2019 @ Feb 11 2019, 02:43 PM)
laugh.gif  Love the word CONvinced  laugh.gif

To answer the question on why I ( will ) drive Crap, I need to get away from
the pressures of a high paying job. Having no commitments, I may just screw
Crap after I do my P&L after one year. I start in April after a holiday in March.

You spies .... what are you doing to elevate the lives of the drivers ?

I know not all of you are as fortunate as me. I do empathize. Let us stay united here and help each other out yah.
Thank you for your kind words and encouragement... Everybody wanna be debt fee and zero commitments... While Grab is not the best way but it is the only way currently to generate from zero to some cash in hand.
shyghost
post Feb 25 2019, 10:55 AM

Getting Started
113 posts

QUOTE(OptimusStar @ Feb 24 2019, 02:39 PM)
When the goverment regulation comes in, there will be less drivers compared to now. I think those who willing to invest will gain as the demand will shoot up due to low drivers thus price will increase.

That remains to be seen... depend on Msian economy and how many ppl have been laid off. Of course Joy Drivers will hang keys as they have a salary or a passive income. To some ppl no grab no food on the table... They will drive grab no matter what...

QUOTE(AegonTagaryen @ Feb 24 2019, 09:28 PM)

Hmm... I ask CS to cancel a trip of mine in progress for a specific reason and they did. They did so explain that pax will never get to rate that trip or complain because it is cancel by operator. I know bcos I ask... I dunwan later pax complain shit story and later I get ban...

By your story, Pax is able to complain to CS after u cancel over 5min pax no show... and your DR drop... Even if the pax seen the butt of your car... it is still over 5min... so CS can simply lower DR?

Hmmm..... really pening... rclxub.gif

shyghost
post Feb 27 2019, 02:57 PM

Getting Started
113 posts

QUOTE(S3phiroth @ Feb 26 2019, 06:58 PM)
In old day, drivers blamed multi bookings or taxi/rider fake bookings.

Then suddenly everyone (almost) forget about multi/fake bookings as the cause of cancellation and put the blame to stolen ping.  sweat.gif  sweat.gif  sweat.gif

Of course taxi fake booking is almost zero now... Taxi got priority booking in JustGrab mah... dry.gif
shyghost
post Mar 5 2019, 09:38 AM

Getting Started
113 posts

QUOTE(elroses @ Mar 5 2019, 09:16 AM)
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singap..._medium=twitter

SG gonna implement cancellation fee towards riders. As expected, riders feedback are disastrous. Instead of attacking grab, they vent their anger towards driver. Usual replies are such "if driver cancel then we get $4?" "There's a cancel button so it's up to us to choose our driver suka hati" "what if the driver is the one who asks us to cancel?" "driver suka2 cancel can, we cancel kena punish?!"

Then this one comment crack me up. He said that drivers should not accept booking when they are not even dropping off current passenger yet. Guy doesn't even know the concept of b2b. Such a privileged person.

Your thoughts?
Like usual... drivers is the one who takes the heat... If SG is successful... then MY is next...
shyghost
post Mar 7 2019, 02:07 PM

Getting Started
113 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Mar 6 2019, 11:30 AM)
Red tape is coming

Better find other side income

laugh.gif rclxub.gif
QUOTE(wuwah @ Mar 7 2019, 10:34 AM)
Sorry, what do u mean? Actually I'm not driving in klang valley..
In telegram group, we are hot discussing or rather cursing at the latest ehailing regulations told by the big blue taxi boss which is not confirmed or deny by parties involved. Those regulations really cumbersome.

Regulations affect all states in msia. Can anyone post the telegram post here? Please include the person video as source....
shyghost
post Mar 8 2019, 09:23 AM

Getting Started
113 posts

Please wait for GRab App notify for any confirm regulations and procedure. The harder MOT makes the process, the more drivers will quit grab. MOT wants rakyat to use public transports and Taxis wants their glory days back. Ehailing is a cause for them not to achieve their goals. ranting.gif

By all means, anyone drivers who are able to pass all the requirements will have a "durian runtuh" fare, similarly to those early years of grab existence in Msia. It is estimated that 80% of drivers will quit if all the rumours are true being the no.1 reason is private to commercial status change... 2nd is a sticker to car body. vmad.gif

Just wait what will grab say and do. hmm.gif
shyghost
post Mar 8 2019, 09:30 AM

Getting Started
113 posts

QUOTE(jason_spyboy @ Mar 7 2019, 05:41 PM)
Do you think full timer doing grab 8 hours a day in KL can earn nett RM5.5k a month? Minus petrol, maintenance, Grab commission. Using MyvI
No. Let me know if u wanna a break down of cost justifying my statement.
shyghost
post Mar 8 2019, 09:37 AM

Getting Started
113 posts

QUOTE(Eddiestk @ Mar 7 2019, 09:07 PM)
- dah tukar status kereta dlm geran pegi puspakom utk kelulusan kereta bg tujuan ehailing. Lepas ni dh tkde istilah ehailing private car. Lepas ni ehailing adalah kenderaan teksi. Cuma tk bersalut merah atau biru. Tapi akan ada "bodymarking" dgn serial number yg link dgn apps, jpj dan apad. Klu tkde bodymarking, Dan ambil penumpang, jpj dpt tangkap start 12 July sita , kompaun/ pegi mahkamah

QUOTE(yhtan @ Mar 8 2019, 09:29 AM)
Sticker on car body? I thought just a windscreen sticker to identify e-hailing car.

The advertisement sticker on car body require permit from JPJ, from the news few weeks ago.
How else the authority going to identify from afar that that car is ehaling or not when picking up a rider. Now the sticker be it small or big... that is the question...

Grab will lose the ad revenue. No more laptop, credit cards, tealive cup, halfbody insurance man, a unicorn cornetto, green tea cup and halfcoin on top of the roof of grabcar when JPJ implement the rule.

Can you see their game? Grab drivers have no qualms taking PSV and puspakom checks but now they up the ante by saying status change and stickers...

Imagine 285k of drivers minus 80%. Only left 60k drivers to supply the demand. While 50% lost of drivers will surge the price double... Imagine 80%...

Do you think GRAB will sit to see their revenue drop 80%?

IE: Funny all regulations talks but no talks on revising the fare to be on par with taxis... Bunch of monkeys!!!

This post has been edited by shyghost: Mar 8 2019, 09:47 AM

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1449sec    0.67    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th May 2022 - 08:16 PM