post Jan 4 2019, 09:07 AM

Casual
459 posts

Entertaining page reverse park
Daddy2be
post Feb 9 2019, 05:32 PM

Casual
459 posts

QUOTE(Grabtology @ Feb 9 2019, 04:46 PM)
In the first place, why are you a Grab driver (assuming everyone posting here drives Grab)?

You want to be rich? You want to be your own boss? As so many pointed out, there are so many other better businesses you can do, instead of being a lembu for Grab. So why are you a Grab driver still?

If Grab is so unprofitable and makes you unhappy, why still drive?

Because life is unfair and you got dealt a bad hand? Because if you don't drive, then dapur tak berasap, bini/anak mati kebuluran? Because the world owes you a living? Because you got 9 years car loan and 30 years house loan?

If your answer is yes to any of the question above, I got bad news for you: life don't get better automatically just because you think it should be. You need to be willing to change and work for it. The most important change is your mindset and approach to life.

Which brings us to this question: what is a "better" life?

Why did I decide to drive Grab?

My reason is because I'm at a stage of my life where I value time flexibility more than any potential income I can make.

Yes, a full time job will give you so much more income, on top of paid annual leave, paid medical leave, EPF, SOCSO, etc. It also means you work according to the schedule and expectation given.

So now I earn a lot less, I don't get thousands of EPF contribution every month, no one else will foot my medical bill if I get a fever.

But I feel better and happier. I eat significantly cheaper and healthy food because now I have time to make them. I exercise every morning and sleep at the same time every night. I don't have to worry about getting call from boss for emergency at midnight.

Instead of cursing customers if they demand to be fetched/sent inside condo area so theoretically I lose money over that extra distance, or getting so angry about getting ikan bilis fare, I just shrug and smile and help people get to where they want to go. Then I report the ride to Grab if necessary. Then move on. There are better things in life to think about.

When my wife wants to attend an event on a weekday, we'll just attend it, instead of stressing about if I can get leave approved. Heck, we took the entire February off for vacation, which is something never possible if I'm still in a job.

So, why are you in your current job? Are you happy doing what you are doing now? If no, then it's time to reevaluate your entire self. Sometimes, all it takes is just a change of mindset, without any other modification to any other aspect of your life, to suddenly feel better about what is possible for your future.

It's time to start thinking more than just the amount of salary you get get.
I don't know about you all eat, but RM800 is more than enough eating for a whole month for me. Putting away 1K per month is more than enough for regular maintenance or road tax or insurance. Again, maybe you all drive Ferrari, so saving 1K a month for it is definitely not enough.

No loan at all, got investments in stocks and unit trusts that are doing okay because I put all my money into bonds and dividend funds. Not great until 300% profit, but it's enough to grow capital by 4 to 6% every year

As for the calculation of toll, Grab counts it toward your collected gross, and you need to pay TnG for top up. So accounting wise, it has to be shown even though they cancel each other out.
Great speech..sounds just like someone who had just driven grab for only 1 month 😂

But I applaud your focus and I sincerely hope this works out for you.

Cheers

Daddy2be
post Mar 19 2019, 10:23 AM

Casual
459 posts

QUOTE(Intimidated @ Mar 19 2019, 09:36 AM)
Don’t Grab have a bonus thing? If your hour is filled with rides but you make less than the projected amount per minute, Grab will top it up?

You are right about one thing. A lot of stupid Malaysian like you talks like they know shit, but actually they're the dumb people they tend to ignore.

If you are here to make an observation 'look under the hood' so to speak, you should do it quietly because once you open your mouth you're just another dumb Malaysian.

Now sit back and watch all these drivers tear you a new one for the above quoted sentence

This post has been edited by Daddy2be: Mar 19 2019, 10:24 AM
Daddy2be
post Mar 19 2019, 11:21 AM

Casual
459 posts

QUOTE(Intimidated @ Mar 19 2019, 10:35 AM)
I look forward to it biggrin.gif I read not too long ago in this same thread, Grab did compensate the “low fare” thing during peak hour, and the notification message was something like “a lot of drivers in the area complained, apologies, yadayada”

In fact, why don’t you tell me why drivers will tear me a new one? Why wait for other drivers? Clearly, I’ve touched a nerve, and clearly you are provoked. Can you please tell me why?
Because like you I'm also neither rider nor driver but I have somewhat vested interes in grab as a whole so I follow this topic for quite some time. It's your obnoxious way that's touched a nerve. Like the previous guy said, this is not kopitiam
Daddy2be
post Mar 22 2019, 11:24 AM

Casual
459 posts

QUOTE(bcombat @ Mar 22 2019, 11:21 AM)
u will be more happy in kopitiam thread..trust me. 😂
no 1 will report your post + every1 there like your comment so much.
He just want a place to sound smart and it's anything but 😂
Daddy2be
post Mar 22 2019, 02:13 PM

Casual
459 posts

QUOTE(Calvin871989 @ Mar 22 2019, 01:37 PM)
lol funny how this guy seem to talk like he knows everything.

I wouldn't entertain him though on anything he says.

Could be another grabtology 2.0 species.
I already blocked him. I don't know if he hasn't read or I can't see what he post. He's even more annoying than AhBoy. Speaking of which, what happen to AhBoy it's been awhile I'm interested to see how he's doing . Can someone tag him ?
Daddy2be
post May 4 2019, 11:40 PM

Casual
459 posts

QUOTE(kratosgrab @ May 2 2019, 05:25 PM)
if they simply put irrelevant question, then the only motive is want you to fail. Then you resit, the gain extra income. Does ah loke know when he implement all these shits, hanky panky will emerge? Too bad, if i can travel back time, surely i will not pangkah "hope" because they simply hopeless. doh.gif
So you vote for anyone who makes your life, and only your life easy?

No wonder you're a taxi driver.
Daddy2be
post May 14 2019, 08:32 AM

Casual
459 posts

QUOTE(Calvin871989 @ May 11 2019, 12:57 PM)
he started full time driving grab on 1 January 2019 (grabtology account) with first gen myvi. now changing to or already have his 3rd gen myvi.

act and write here as if he 5+ years doing grab. duh ? grabtology ? ring any bells to you ?

not that difficult to spot the differences between him and his grabtology dupe account. (accounts* , he might have more other dupe accounts*).

seriously don't know why you entertain that guy , yhtan

or maybe you just playing along as well.  laugh.gif

user posted image

spin story ?

so, is this where he started driving full time before his new myvi or on 1 January 2019 (grabtology account)
a true lembu back then (grabtology account) and a true lembu even till today (main account)
---

and im sure his going to come out later saying grabtology is not his dupe account. any moderators , staff or admin wish to comfirm this ?
Lol you guys still bother with this loser ?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0469sec    0.24    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th May 2022 - 04:31 AM