Visited this place after hearing that the main chef from Oribe had come out to start a restaurant of his own. Let me qualify that I am a big fan of Oribe. I ordered the â€śOmakaseâ€ť menu at Sushi Ori and this is my brief review of my experience dining here (Iâ€™m benchmarking my experience with the one I had at Oribe).
1. Location is worse than Oribe; although both have free parking.
2. DĂ©cor so so. Oribe seemed like it had a better vibe.
3. Omakase price at Ori (RM512 excluding 6% tax) is a tad higher than Oribe.
4. Sashimi dish was very small and limited; serving was 5 pieces of sushi! much less in terms of variety and pieces vs Oribe. This is was a shocker to me so called Omakase. Not worth the money paid.
5. Was served a meatball dish, nothing spectacular and looked cheap (mind u this was a Omakase Set).
6. Grilled dish â€“ was just a piece of grilled cod fish. What the?! I think I got omakased.
7. Service was subpar (some staff members were not trained properly) as we sat in the private rooms.
8. Dessert was below average. Not nice and I didnâ€™t even want to finish it.
9. Finally, at the end of the session, both of us did not find the meal to be filling. Recalled that at Oribe we were so so full.
In summary, not recommended.
This post has been edited by littlewing: Jan 1 2019, 11:59 AM
Sushi Ori @ Menara Keck Seng Review!