Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Is lifting correct posture really important?, Need help..

views

TSmoon yuen
post Dec 22 2018, 08:50 PM, updated 6y ago

Look at all my stars!!
2,293 posts

My bf always correct my posture when lifting weight....

He said my posture is wrong.... Does posture important? Or lifting heavier weight more important since I m aiming to burn fat and tone up...

Thanks
JK-Rai
post Dec 22 2018, 11:50 PM

37 posts

Posture is more important...

Think like this. you are building a building if the foundation is not strong how do you build higher.

1. The better the posture the better you can lift heavier weight in the futures and prevent injuries.

2. You will train the correct muscle groups when you lift the correct posture.
Example: you do bicep curl by swinging the dumbbell up. that is just momentum from your shoulder and not your bicep working out. Also this might even dislocate your joint at your shoulder.

Conclusion: POSTURE = ALL

This post has been edited by JK-Rai: Dec 22 2018, 11:51 PM
TSmoon yuen
post Dec 23 2018, 11:17 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,293 posts

QUOTE(JK-Rai @ Dec 22 2018, 11:50 PM)
Posture is more important...

Think like this. you are building a building if the foundation is not strong how do you build higher.

1. The better the posture the better you can lift heavier weight in the futures and prevent injuries.

2. You will train the correct muscle groups when you lift the correct posture.
Example: you do bicep curl by swinging the dumbbell up. that is just momentum from your shoulder and not your bicep working out. Also this might even dislocate your joint at your shoulder.

Conclusion: POSTURE = ALL
really informative.... Thanks.

Haha, then I should trust him.

ariffdude
post Dec 23 2018, 05:19 PM

On my way
628 posts

i concur with JK-Rai, form/posture is everything. in the case of deadlifts (where most will probably get their form wrong, including me laugh.gif ), it is a difference between an extremely effective workout for building/toning muscles, or suffering severe lower back problems for the rest of your life (happened to one guy i know). it doesn't matter how much weight someone is pulling, if they have perfect form, they'll get massive respect from me.
funnyTONE
post Jan 9 2019, 01:11 PM

certified /k/ oldfag
2,937 posts

Yup, I would agree that form is important. There will be some variety to certain workout, even the difference in intensity to target specific muscle fibre, but eventually form will take precedence first. Not only will your get the most optimal workout with the correct form, you'll also won't look silly.

Your bf is right all along. biggrin.gif
helven
post Jan 9 2019, 08:12 PM

Doko Online
919 posts

QUOTE(moon yuen @ Dec 22 2018, 08:50 PM)
My bf always correct my posture when lifting weight....

He said my posture is wrong.... Does posture important? Or lifting heavier weight more important since I m aiming to burn fat and tone up...

Thanks
2 points in your question:
1. POSTURE = ALL in terms of lifting weight

2. burn fat and tone up = your food matters more
Let me give you an example. Running a 10km marathon roughly burns you about 500 calories (vary depends on your body weight and how fast you run)
A nasi lemak ayam goreng with sambal is also almost 500 calories. You can easily out-eat the effort you put in gym, plus lifting doesn't burn much calories, it is the muscle you build that increase your metabolism that burns calorie, in a long term.
user posted image

I am not indicating that you cannot eat nasi lemak, getting to know how much you can eat is a head start to burn the fat

This post has been edited by helven: Jan 9 2019, 08:14 PM
Subang Nuclear Reactor
post Jan 22 2019, 07:18 PM

Getting Started
165 posts

Can't be too bad if you're maxing out once a while and have to make a trade off between form and weight, as long as your form isn't off too much (eg upper back rounding)

For day to day training, you'd really wanna perfect your form

Zhik
post Jan 22 2019, 07:20 PM

eeerrrmmmnnn, stupidity has no limit?
994 posts

Once u got injury to the spinal cord. it is gg.
Armesh
post Jan 30 2019, 02:41 PM

Regular
1,485 posts

/thread
7Fred
post May 19 2019, 04:46 PM

Getting Started
89 posts

Posture is very important, especially in deadlift for example. It was my biggest mistake and in the long run you will not be able to take really big weights you would do otherwise. So as sooner you'll fix it - the better. Please be prepared. You can see really good increase over time.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0133sec    0.04    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:02 AM