Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Apple IPhone international sets, Clarification/discussion

views

TSwtan18
post Dec 10 2018, 10:50 AM, updated 6y ago

43 posts

First of all sorry if this is not the right place for this post .

If possible I would like to know what are the issues with buying or using and selling international iPhone sets that are not MY sets .. why do people avoid them and what really are the issues .. as I know from dealers that any international IPhone set can be claimed at authorise dealers here.

So why do people treat these international sets as though there is something wrong with them .. selling a phone for instance usual question is which set is this ? I understand that some sets have different terms and conditions like sets for the Middle East not all countries tho are unable to use FaceTime .

But like sets from HK, UK, USA , SG I think there are no restrictions .. so why are people so afraid of international sets ??

Any feedback would be much appreciated
hightechgadgets8
post Dec 10 2018, 10:55 AM

Rất Vui Được làm quen với bạn
5,646 posts

some LL us sets are locked to their own telco, u may be able to use it when you buy it, once u update iOS, the phone will be locked again
TSwtan18
post Dec 10 2018, 11:01 AM

43 posts

QUOTE(hightechgadgets8 @ Dec 10 2018, 11:55 AM)
some LL us sets are locked to their own telco, u may be able to use it when you buy it, once u update iOS, the phone will be locked again
Thanks for the reply .. heard something about that as well . But I’m using a US set and I can update my just fine in fact just updated to 12.1.1 and I’m using my maxis SIM card with no issues
subdroid
post Dec 10 2018, 11:07 AM

Getting Started
138 posts

QUOTE(wtan18 @ Dec 10 2018, 11:01 AM)
Thanks for the reply .. heard something about that as well . But I’m using a US set and I can update my just fine in fact just updated to 12.1.1 and I’m using my maxis SIM card with no issues
the keyword is SOME, not all...

hightechgadgets8
post Dec 10 2018, 11:27 AM

5,646 posts

QUOTE(wtan18 @ Dec 10 2018, 11:01 AM)
the 1 you using is an unlocked set
TSwtan18
post Dec 10 2018, 11:42 AM

43 posts

Yeah correct guys some I guess . But what annoys me is that , when you tell people that you are using a set other than Malaysian set they avoid it like it’s some disease .. like no thanks , nvm , oh not interested .. I mean makes me feel like I purchased some terminal illness. Even to “those” that seems to know everything .. as long as internationally set means no good Already .. what kind of mentality is that ?
TSwtan18
post Dec 10 2018, 11:46 AM

43 posts

QUOTE(hightechgadgets8 @ Dec 10 2018, 12:27 PM)
the 1 you using is an unlocked set
I understand that turbo sim can be abit of the risk because u have to use like a chip to work with our SIM card and that if it’s damaged then we can’t use our sim .. but what about those unlocked sets like mine or sets that don’t need any additional stuff I’m sure everything else is just the same right .. guess my issue is that when people want to buy something they should really educate themselves first .
hightechgadgets8
post Dec 10 2018, 11:53 AM

5,646 posts

QUOTE(wtan18 @ Dec 10 2018, 11:46 AM)
I understand that turbo sim can be abit of the risk because u have to use like a chip to work with our SIM card and that if it’s damaged then we can’t use our sim .. but what about those unlocked sets like mine or sets that don’t need any additional stuff I’m sure everything else is just the same right .. guess my issue is that when people want to buy something they should really educate themselves first .
the band and chipset may be different, intel or qualcomm baseband chips
YusTawau91
post Feb 3 2019, 10:01 PM

6 posts

Sometimes international set ,cant claim that warranty at shop malaysia

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0151sec    0.21    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:00 PM