Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Volkswagen B8 Passat 1.8TSI, Is this car worth the bang?

views

dares
post Dec 1 2018, 11:53 PM

Enthusiast
827 posts

QUOTE(ych91 @ Dec 1 2018, 10:25 PM)
Well, I personally take mileage as a benchmark to compare if the car has been ‘trashed’ or not. I think you must agree with me that a pre-reg or demo unit with <10k mileage is still better than a unit with 30k mileage right...

Other than that, I don’t think any sane person will sell their car when their mileage is only between 10-15k to begin with so you couldn’t compare...
You know what causes most engine wear? short distance travel - when the engine oil is never able to reach it's optimum temperature to perform fully.

Now imagine the demo car is driven less than 5km during every test drive, also 5 times out of 10 it is revved sky-high by enthusiastic customers before the engine oil have a chance to warm up.

You get the idea. And that's just the engine, not including other parts of the car such as the steering, suspension and brakes that are abused everytime it goes out for a test drive. I've been to test drives where the SA encourage me to speed over a road bump just to show me how good the suspension is.

So yes, you actually have better chance getting a 30k km car from an actual owner that's in better condition than a 10k km showroom demo car.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0139sec    0.41    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:21 PM