Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Official TM UniFi High Speed Broadband Thread V36, READ 1ST PAGE FOR TURBO SPEED INFO! (Unifi)

views

iamoracle
post Nov 2 2018, 08:19 AM

On my way
507 posts

@SilentVampire. Can you dedicate a post to allow us to list all the various package prices and speed which we are currently paying for reference purpose?
iamoracle
post Nov 5 2018, 02:49 PM

On my way
507 posts

Deleted

This post has been edited by iamoracle: Nov 5 2018, 02:50 PM
iamoracle
post Nov 5 2018, 02:51 PM

On my way
507 posts

QUOTE(JadenFongV @ Nov 5 2018, 02:49 PM)
Yes, subscribing Unifi Best 100mbps..is this plan provide STB? meaning that installer has not provide STB to me?
If not mistaken, add RM30 to upgrade to Ultimate pack and you can get the STB.
iamoracle
post Nov 9 2018, 09:29 AM

On my way
507 posts

QUOTE(fisherman10 @ Nov 8 2018, 09:20 PM)
hmm.gif  hmm.gif  hmm.gif

user posted image
It looks suspicious. HYPPTV is an old term. Now is known as Unifi TV.
iamoracle
post Nov 13 2018, 07:53 AM

On my way
507 posts

QUOTE(cskean @ Nov 13 2018, 12:09 AM)
Guys, need some help here.

My parent house totally cannot detect the wifi after yesterday heavy rain and lightning. Live chat with Unifi, the account is active.

So can someone tell me whether is the BTU or router is not functioning properly base on the photos?

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

I had a weird experience yesterday night. After changing old Cat 5e cable to new Cat 7 to connect BTU to router, no internet access. Thought something wrong with the new cat 7 cable. Tested it using back old cable, same issue.

I didn't touch or change any settings in BTU and router. Rebooted multiple times still no sign of internet. No help even I used back old router.

Surprisingly, internet came back to life after I had spent more than an hour troubleshooting it. Perhaps, the problem lies at TM side.

iamoracle
post Nov 14 2018, 09:46 AM

On my way
507 posts

QUOTE(cskean @ Nov 13 2018, 09:16 PM)
Apparently the Dlink DIR615 was factory reset by itself. Not sure how does this happen.

So today I went back to my parent house with my laptop, login into the router setting and enable the wifi. But still no internet connection. And I have to live chat again with Unifi, found out that the router setting was reset back to default setting.

Request a password reset and surprisingly the sms arrive almost immediately after the CS reset the password for me. Key in the username and password, voila the internet is back online again~

Thank you for those who have putting in suggestion....
Someone could have accidentally pressed on the Reset button thinking it is the Power button. biggrin.gif
iamoracle
post Dec 1 2018, 03:19 PM

On my way
507 posts

I logged in Unifi website to check my Turbo upgrade status and was advised to replace equipment.
user posted image

I got upgraded from 10Mbps to 100Mbps but still paying RM149/month. Contract free now. I am planning to downgrade to RM129/month which comes with 24 months contract.

Since I am going to be tied up with another 24 months contract after downgrade, why not I just take the free wireless router with free installation and keep it as spare.

Will TM allows that during downgrade application?
iamoracle
post Jan 8 2019, 03:09 PM

On my way
507 posts

Better alternative?
https://www.thestar.com.my/business/busines...ntent-offering/
iamoracle
post Jan 10 2019, 08:46 AM

On my way
507 posts

QUOTE(dragonteoh @ Jan 9 2019, 09:51 PM)
i'm using old unifi VIP10 , recent been turbo to 100mbps, suddenly receive a call say that will be turbo to 100mbps , but wifi router is not support, offer to change wifi router for FOC but with 2 year contract  with FOC installation (No RM53 fee).

The staff never highlight payment remain RM149 / Month (before SST), after hang up i only recall that, so i make a live chat again to request downgrade to RM129 since RM129 got more benefit and cheaper RM20 / Month..

After successfully downgrade to RM129... i told the CS , before i downgrade they say my wifi router not support and offer foc change wifi router. Then CS told Oh... that one is for RM149 user only.  RM129 no such offer  =_= ..... I was like kena cheat feeling....

CS say unless is prove that router is damage, then only i can ask for claim. however gonna pay RM53 for engineer onsite, contract (reset)  2 year start from the day i receive new equipment.  vmad.gif
by the way RM149 better downgrade to RM129 , save RM20 x 24 Month Contract = RM480

this RM480 you can buy a new wifi router or other purpose.
as the old RM149 package beside speed upgrade, all remain old package setting.

while new RM129 got foc 600 min call, got ruby+ , varna+ and one more donno what + for choose.
some more cheap RM20 each month, speed same as VIP 10 after turbo.

just that contract renew 2 years which still ok for me as we have no better choice for the moment.
and equipment remain, no change.
I am on the same old VIP10 package like yours. I almost downgraded to RM129 with 2 years contract. Fortunately, TM Point was super crowded on that day. I left the place.

Thinking it back. It's a blessing in disguise. TM competitors are going to offer better/cheaper packages soon. End of TM monopoly. Good for consumers. rclxms.gif

Topic ClosedOptions

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.2660sec    3.78    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd September 2019 - 05:48 PM