Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

I always worry, Anxiety?

views

TSpatrickthissen
post Oct 29 2018, 09:50 PM, updated 6y ago

Casual
375 posts

Hi all, I would like to seek advice and opinion to improve myself.
As I think my attitude is getting worse and I don't want my family member to worry about me.

I always worry.
When I go out from my house, I will suddenly recall and worry about : "Do I off the water tap in the bathroom"?
Then I need to drive back, else I will be keep worrying.

When I go to trip, family members and other peoples are enjoying the trip, while I am keep looking at the watch and worry we may overlook the time and might miss out the next destination.

Still got a lot of stuff that I always worry easily. (Skip the story, else it will be very long post)

Beside this, I always think negative way when I face some issue/problem.
I only relief if the issue is not that bad as I thought.

I also lost interest to my usual hobby such as reading, playing some games..
I prefer to online scrolling FB/youtube without any productivity stuff...

Not sure is it my poor mentality, somehow it affect my work.
I got no motivation to work and always procrastinate.

Any advice or recommendation for me to improve myself? (I know I am an adult and should not ask for spood feed, but I really need help to recover it)
So that I will be better person to take care my family instead of letting them worry of me.

Note: This situation at least 2 years already and becoming worst.

This post has been edited by patrickthissen: Oct 29 2018, 09:53 PM
ferd0123
post Oct 29 2018, 10:05 PM

21 posts

I had same mental issue, I cant concentrate and always worry with everything comes on me, i had forget who i used to be and highly need motivation to achieve what i always want and this worry made me unproductive in so many ways.
Fat & Fluffy
post Nov 5 2018, 10:55 AM

Casual
397 posts

you're having GAD, general anxiety disorder and probably OCD as well.. do see a counselor/psychologist... then they might refer you to a therapist/psychiatrist
N33d
post Nov 5 2018, 11:06 AM

Enthusiast
896 posts

same here
i did not think it was a prob until the last few years
worry this that up down left right
been to a few counselors. just talking talking to calm me down
did not try psychiatrist yet.. don't wanna take med unless it is necessary

daimon
post Nov 9 2018, 06:39 PM

On my way
611 posts

my friend kinda have this anxiety problem

went for psychologist but they just give her meds which dont really help

at the end she went to Pantai Ampang and look for a doctor call Roger, which uses some hypnosis to help you, which she told is good
eviee729
post Jul 22 2019, 12:19 PM

36 posts

QUOTE(patrickthissen @ Oct 29 2018, 09:50 PM)
Hi all, I would like to seek advice and opinion to improve myself.
As I think my attitude is getting worse and I don't want my family member to worry about me.

I always worry.
When I go out from my house, I will suddenly recall and worry about : "Do I off the water tap in the bathroom"?
Then I need to drive back, else I will be keep worrying.

When I go to trip, family members and other peoples are enjoying the trip, while I am keep looking at the watch and worry we may overlook the time and might miss out the next destination.

Still got a lot of stuff that I always worry easily. (Skip the story, else it will be very long post)

Beside this, I always think negative way when I face some issue/problem.
I only relief if the issue is not that bad as I thought.

I also lost interest to my usual hobby such as reading, playing some games..
I prefer to online scrolling FB/youtube without any productivity stuff...

Not sure is it my poor mentality, somehow it affect my work.
I got no motivation to work and always procrastinate.

Any advice or recommendation for me to improve myself? (I know I am an adult and should not ask for spood feed, but I really need help to recover it)
So that I will be better person to take care my family instead of letting them worry of me.

Note: This situation at least 2 years already and becoming worst.
how's your condition now? getting better? how did u cure yourself?went to the doctor?
m_man
post Sep 11 2019, 11:45 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

Sometimes it's normal to feel anxious. We feel anxious because we are wired as such. It's human nature because we are undertaking something really important to us. Our heart beats faster, blood runs red and our thoughts scattered. It's all human.

Try to reappraise as such. Tell yourself: "It's normal to feel this way, because I'm really doing something important here." "I know I made a mistake, but I'm only human and thus not perfect, I need to be extra careful next time." "I'm doing a public presentation tomorrow, I'm anxious! But hey, people are coming to see me share my ideas." etc etc....

Try putting down your thoughts and feelings on paper. Rationalize it and maybe you'll come to a better understanding of yourself. Try it. Go out now and buy yourself a diary and a really nice pen (it helps lol) and start scribbling. There is also an app called Daylio if you plan to save trees.

But it seems that you're facing more than anxiety. You could be depressed but hey I'm no expert and so please take my words with a pinch of salt. I highly recommend seeking professional help.

This post has been edited by m_man: Sep 11 2019, 11:48 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0129sec    0.46    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:05 AM