Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Review Xiaomi 70Mai Pro, A new discreet dashcam

views

herojack41
post Jun 21 2019, 11:04 PM

Master Of Trouble Maker
5,697 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Jun 21 2019, 10:23 PM)
Need to open to see what mAh battery inside. Also, need to see if can easily change or not.
Hope so as depends on luck also the battery.

Most will stop charging or gets bloated. Very unlucky if leaking or worst case explodes.
According to spec it said 240mah something

Doesn't sound like 18650 at all cry.gif
TSblurjoey
post Jun 21 2019, 11:28 PM

Sumo Hammy!
6,035 posts

QUOTE(herojack41 @ Jun 21 2019, 11:04 PM)
According to spec it said 240mah something

Doesn't sound like 18650 at all cry.gif
18650 is bigger than a AA battery ler... 240mAh is enough to power it to record about 15+- minutes.
herojack41
post Jun 21 2019, 11:32 PM

Master Of Trouble Maker
5,697 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Jun 21 2019, 11:28 PM)
18650 is bigger than a AA battery ler... 240mAh is enough to power it to record about 15+- minutes.
yes, replacement is gonna be tough since is not 18650
ahmadnazirul
post Jun 24 2019, 02:06 PM

Getting Started
62 posts

anyone got problem after latest update?? i cant use mine anymore. and i dunno what to do wor..the camera just turn on and nothing i can do at all..how leh
akkaz
post Jun 24 2019, 08:54 PM

Getting Started
170 posts

Hey,

How do i know the cam is Global Set (English) version or English-flashed version?

Scared later cannot receive update if buy flashed version
tender
post Jun 24 2019, 10:19 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(KIntos @ Apr 5 2019, 10:34 PM)
No. Another alternative is mini0906 which can get below rm400 online. Dual channel. Will be same cost for 2x 70 mai pro.
Hi, no disrespect to anyone here. I see a lot of people worrying about the Malaysian heat and all. Worrying about lithium battery dying in the heat and go for other brands with supercapacitor before anything happens is a good consideration, but not a priority. It should not be the deciding factor. My friends Xiaoyi dashcams are still working after 1-2 years. The built-in battery is probably there for parking mode. Even if the battery fails, the settings will still be saved in the Rom, like your cellphones won't need to be reset every time the battery goes to 0%. With a dead or weak battery, the dashcam may still run on the car power source. It will very likely not be the battery that brick your dashcam, the microSD, software, circuits may fail sooner. looking at the photo of the Xiaomi 70MAI PRO battery, it is very unlikely that a bulky cylindrical cell battery will explode. Thinner and more compact batteries (note7) have the likelihood of shorting and exploding. I always get fat power banks with connected cylindrical cells for that reason.

The more important factor to consider is the camera lens, software (firmware whatever) and built quality. Having tested Xiaomi products, mi-bands, phones, Roborock, wifi CCTV camera, I kinda trust its frequent software updates and build quality. Sony xxx is a good lens. Better go for brands like Xiaomi and Papago, or even Xiaoyi which was ditched by Xiaomi a few years back rather than little known brands like mini0906. my Xiaoyi CCTV camera is still alive after 3.5 years. I know little about dashcams, mini0906 is probably a famous brand in the dashcam world but just do a search in Amazon and you can see it's rather notorious. with lots of bricked units right after the warranty period.

I would definitely go for Xiaomi 70MAI PRO rather than other no-name brands, be it supercapacitor, double camera, whatever, Amazon reviews show far too many mini0906 lasted for less than 6 months, not a good sign. I am tempted to go for GPS tracking, rear cam, double cams, reverse cam, music players, ADAS, GPS navigation, and all the goodies too. But just think what do you really need in a dash cam? Just a good front cam, at about 120-degree angle for optimum clarity.

Having said that, am really tempted to try out mini0906 for all its goodies.
TSblurjoey
post Jun 24 2019, 11:08 PM

Sumo Hammy!
6,035 posts

QUOTE(tender @ Jun 24 2019, 10:19 PM)
Hi, no disrespect to anyone here. I see a lot of people worrying about the Malaysian heat and all. Worrying about lithium battery dying in the heat and go for other brands with supercapacitor before anything happens is a good consideration, but not a priority. It should not be the deciding factor. My friends Xiaoyi dashcams are still working after 1-2 years. The built-in battery is probably there for parking mode. Even if the battery fails, the settings will still be saved in the Rom, like your cellphones won't need to be reset every time the battery goes to 0%. With a dead or weak battery, the dashcam may still run on the car power source. It will very likely not be the battery that brick your dashcam, the microSD, software, circuits may fail sooner. looking at the photo of the Xiaomi 70MAI PRO battery, it is very unlikely that a bulky cylindrical cell battery will explode. Thinner and more compact batteries (note7) have the likelihood of shorting and exploding. I always get fat power banks with connected cylindrical cells for that reason.

The more important factor to consider is the camera lens, software (firmware whatever) and built quality. Having tested Xiaomi products, mi-bands, phones, Roborock, wifi CCTV camera, I kinda trust its frequent software updates and build quality. Sony xxx is a good lens. Better go for brands like Xiaomi and Papago, or even Xiaoyi which was ditched by Xiaomi a few years back rather than little known brands like mini0906. my Xiaoyi CCTV camera is still alive after 3.5 years. I know little about dashcams, mini0906 is probably a famous brand in the dashcam world but just do a search in Amazon and you can see it's rather notorious. with lots of bricked units right after the warranty period.

I would definitely go for Xiaomi 70MAI PRO rather than other no-name brands, be it supercapacitor, double camera, whatever, Amazon reviews show far too many mini0906 lasted for less than 6 months, not a good sign. I am tempted to go for GPS tracking, rear cam, double cams, reverse cam, music players, ADAS, GPS navigation, and all the goodies too. But just think what do you really need in a dash cam? Just a good front cam, at about 120-degree angle for optimum clarity. 

If your friend's Yi dashcam doesn't shut down immediately after engine off then the battery is still good. My previous Yi dashcam lasted 2+ years, till the unit immediately off itself when I off the engine.

Battery which can't hold a charge anymore can't save the last video file and the settings. Saw a lot of dashcams which uses battery have these issues. Bloated batteries and Leaking was also common. Only a few cases of the battery exploding.

If you didn't know, Xiaomi actually gets other manufacturers for their products, hence Xiaomi Yi (Yi actually ditched Mi cause Yi wanted to be independent from Mi), 70Mai, Roborock, Amazfit (Mi band is by Amazfit), etc... So Xiaomi doesn't manufacture any of the products they sell with their brand on it.

Also, Yi dashcam doesn't have parking mode function.

Mini dashcams all these while has problems since the early days with the mini08xx series. Today still the same. So if you asked me to choose Mi or Mini, I would go for the Mi more.

I agree that not all will want the fancy parking mode or GPS or ADAS or wifi, etc. Yes you are also right, the most important is the lens and the Sony sensor used but using a super capacitor or a battery should be put into considerations unless you want to change dashcams every other year then it's fine.

This post has been edited by blurjoey: Jun 24 2019, 11:19 PM
tender
post Jun 24 2019, 11:35 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Jun 24 2019, 11:08 PM)
If your friend's Yi dashcam doesn't shut down immediately after engine off then the battery is still good. My previous Yi dashcam lasted 2+ years, till the unit immediately off itself when I off the engine.

Battery which can't hold a charge anymore can't save the last video file and the settings. Saw a lot of dashcams which uses battery have these issues. Bloated batteries and Leaking was also common. Only a few cases of the battery exploding.

If you didn't know, Xiaomi actually gets other manufacturers for their products, hence Xiaomi Yi (Yi actually ditched Mi cause Yi wanted to be independent from Mi), 70Mai, Roborock, Amazfit (Mi band is by Amazfit), etc... So Xiaomi doesn't manufacture any of the products they sell with their brand on it.

Also, Yi dashcam doesn't have parking mode function.

Mini dashcams all these while has problems since the early days with the mini08xx series. Today still the same. So if you asked me to choose Mi or Mini, I would go for the Mi more.

I agree that not all will want the fancy parking mode or GPS or ADAS or wifi, etc. Yes you are also right, the most important is the lens and the Sony sensor used but using a super capacitor or a battery should be put into considerations unless you want to change dashcams every other year then it's fine.
Point taken about the supercapacitor. It's a good point. Given the choice, I would choose a Papago model with supercapacitor rather than those other brands that cost RM4xx and RM6xx.

And I know Xiaomi got an ecosystem of Manufacturers, product incubator and all that, and there is more QC than others. They do provide better support, firmware updates for many more years than other lone-wolf brands.
KIntos
post Jun 25 2019, 09:20 AM

Regular
1,131 posts

QUOTE(tender @ Jun 24 2019, 10:19 PM)

Just buy whichever brand you like its your monies anyway. Im not promoting my product here. Its just a alternative incase ppl dont know. Somehow all product are made in china, probably same manufacturer or common mould. They used alot of same sub contractor to save the development cost, manufacturing cost and reduce the investment cost. Sharing is caring in china. Dont think they use sony lens except the Sony cmos.

If you have a product you can always distribute under xiaomi marketing platform. Loyalty fees will do.
mypalm79
post Jun 27 2019, 08:48 PM

37 posts

Guys.. For the collision setup... What does high or low mean? High meaning to say only high impact only start recording or high in term of sensitivity and record even with low impact?

This post has been edited by mypalm79: Jun 27 2019, 08:48 PM
TSblurjoey
post Jun 27 2019, 09:43 PM

Sumo Hammy!
6,035 posts

QUOTE(mypalm79 @ Jun 27 2019, 08:48 PM)
Guys.. For the collision setup... What does high or low mean? High meaning to say only high impact only start recording or high in term of sensitivity and record even with low impact?
High sensitivity = less strong impact will trigger but sometimes the lightest impact will also trigger.

Low sensitivity = strong impact only will triggers.
mypalm79
post Jun 27 2019, 11:58 PM

37 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Jun 27 2019, 09:43 PM)
High sensitivity = less strong impact will trigger but sometimes the lightest impact will also trigger.

Low sensitivity = strong impact only will triggers.
Tq boss
Nova_Ghost
post Jun 28 2019, 11:06 AM

Getting Started
65 posts

Planning to get 70Mai Pro for my car.
How do you guys stick it & ensure the leveling is good? Scared stick it, later senget2... doh.gif
Previous Cam use suction cup, easy to adjust... sweat.gif
TSblurjoey
post Jun 28 2019, 11:58 AM

Sumo Hammy!
6,035 posts

QUOTE(Nova_Ghost @ Jun 28 2019, 11:06 AM)
How do you guys stick it & ensure the leveling is good? Scared stick it, later senget2...  doh.gif
Need good hand eye coordination to stick laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Innovation
post Jun 30 2019, 01:45 PM

Getting Started
240 posts

eh, anyone here facing the issue when loading the apps in iphone, it stuck in the agreement and privacy page with some message saying network unavailable...?
xperiaVuser
post Jun 30 2019, 11:07 PM

Regular
1,186 posts

QUOTE(Nova_Ghost @ Jun 28 2019, 11:06 AM)
How do you guys stick it & ensure the leveling is good? Scared stick it, later senget2...  doh.gif
The screen on the dashcam is a little small. What you can do is use the live view on phone's bigger screen to align it.
firestater
post Jul 1 2019, 09:29 AM

Casual
470 posts

Deleted ~already got the answer

This post has been edited by firestater: Jul 1 2019, 09:32 AM
firestater
post Jul 1 2019, 11:18 AM

Casual
470 posts

QUOTE(NXaqua @ Jun 11 2019, 09:42 PM)
Komtar Mall, Penang.
Prefer to see the real stuff before purchasing.
How much u got from there? And urs is international version?
NXaqua
post Jul 1 2019, 12:02 PM

Enthusiast
914 posts

QUOTE(firestater @ Jul 1 2019, 11:18 AM)
How much u got from there? And urs is international version?
RM270+ without GPS module.
Seller just informed to send back to them for warranty claim.
And it is in English language.

So not sure it is international version or not.
Anyway it is a imported set as Mi outlet at Queenbay is not selling.

This post has been edited by NXaqua: Jul 1 2019, 12:04 PM
TSblurjoey
post Jul 1 2019, 03:41 PM

Sumo Hammy!
6,035 posts

QUOTE(NXaqua @ Jul 1 2019, 12:02 PM)
RM270+ without GPS module.
Seller just informed to send back to them for warranty claim.
And it is in English language.

So not sure it is international version or not.
Anyway it is a imported set as  Mi outlet at Queenbay is not selling.
English language = international set
Chinese = China set

37 Pages « < 16 17 18 19 20 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0206sec    0.56    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:08 PM