views

KIntos
post Jan 1 2019, 04:39 PM

Regular
1,131 posts

QUOTE(sunnyboy @ Jan 1 2019, 10:42 AM)
user posted image

user posted image

Using this card but it said not class 10?

How to check if the card is genuine? Or wat seems to be the problem?
Does it come with distributer sticker on the packaging of the sandisk? Kind of like look fake to me. Where you bought it? The sandisk logo is red color or orange color?

This post has been edited by KIntos: Jan 1 2019, 04:42 PM
KIntos
post Apr 5 2019, 09:11 PM

Regular
1,131 posts

QUOTE(msa9696 @ Apr 5 2019, 08:53 PM)
Thanks for so many review, very useful at least learn lots of things.

Actually considering this vs Viofo A129, yeah I know not apple to apple comparison as Viofo dual cam and super capacitor.
Dilemma actually, as 70mai Pro looks quite good overall, and it's almost 4 times cheaper than Viofo A129.
Even if lithium break down after 2 years, you can replace it 4 times to match Viofo price. Is the battery consideration that important?

Btw, I don't park under sun 99% of the time, so exposure to sun only while driving, not sure how much that will affect lithium battery though
Please do consider if you can easily find the battery replacement in malaysia and you were able to replace it by yourself. Then no doubt 4x saving.
KIntos
post Apr 5 2019, 10:34 PM

Regular
1,131 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 5 2019, 09:36 PM)
Viofo seller lai liao  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif
No. Another alternative is mini0906 which can get below rm400 online. Dual channel. Will be same cost for 2x 70 mai pro.
KIntos
post Apr 12 2019, 06:24 AM

Regular
1,131 posts

QUOTE(terradrgn @ Apr 12 2019, 01:13 AM)
oh no.. even the battery is facing outward towards the sun...

but still, good to know that it can be replaced
You need to figure how to stick the wire on the battery contact surface terminal point. Original is using spot welding technology to hold the wire on the battery terminal. Normal soldering wont stick on the battery terminal.
And make sure the battery is come with protection ic, a protected lithium ion
KIntos
post May 15 2019, 11:07 AM

Regular
1,131 posts

QUOTE(sgpdsmss @ May 15 2019, 08:15 AM)
the battery selling in lazada ..shopee ..all without the connector ..just the battery only ...
so how to connect to the 70mai pro cam which the battery with 2pins connector ?

thanks ..
Use back the connector and the wire but to secure the connection between wire to battery terminal, you need to spot welding the wire terminal to battery terminal.
KIntos
post May 15 2019, 08:54 PM

Regular
1,131 posts

QUOTE(sgpdsmss @ May 15 2019, 04:09 PM)
mine will immediately off ..when 1ST day use already like that ..
thinking the  battery defective already ...

the wire how to connect to new battery ? if no solder they are not stick together ...then will have contact issue ..
Secured method was only spot welding. U can try sand paper to sand off the surface on the battery terminal and dry to solder, then laminate it by wrapping like the original battery to double secure. Somehow soldering wont last long even if you success soldering.

Else just buy new one rm199 only or maybe cheaper on ramadhan sales.
KIntos
post May 16 2019, 02:03 PM

Regular
1,131 posts

QUOTE(sgpdsmss @ May 16 2019, 01:17 PM)
will try to sand the battery terminal 1ST ...
will do for my Bluetooth speaker 1ST for 18650 battery ..
else just buy new one rm199 ...very good suggestion ...haha..
Be very careful with 18650 battery or lithium-ion. Please read the safety guideline of lithium-ion.
KIntos
post Jun 25 2019, 09:20 AM

Regular
1,131 posts

QUOTE(tender @ Jun 24 2019, 10:19 PM)
Hi, no disrespect to anyone here. I see a lot of people worrying about the Malaysian heat and all. Worrying about lithium battery dying in the heat and go for other brands with supercapacitor before anything happens is a good consideration, but not a priority. It should not be the deciding factor. My friends Xiaoyi dashcams are still working after 1-2 years. The built-in battery is probably there for parking mode. Even if the battery fails, the settings will still be saved in the Rom, like your cellphones won't need to be reset every time the battery goes to 0%. With a dead or weak battery, the dashcam may still run on the car power source. It will very likely not be the battery that brick your dashcam, the microSD, software, circuits may fail sooner. looking at the photo of the Xiaomi 70MAI PRO battery, it is very unlikely that a bulky cylindrical cell battery will explode. Thinner and more compact batteries (note7) have the likelihood of shorting and exploding. I always get fat power banks with connected cylindrical cells for that reason.

The more important factor to consider is the camera lens, software (firmware whatever) and built quality. Having tested Xiaomi products, mi-bands, phones, Roborock, wifi CCTV camera, I kinda trust its frequent software updates and build quality. Sony xxx is a good lens. Better go for brands like Xiaomi and Papago, or even Xiaoyi which was ditched by Xiaomi a few years back rather than little known brands like mini0906. my Xiaoyi CCTV camera is still alive after 3.5 years. I know little about dashcams, mini0906 is probably a famous brand in the dashcam world but just do a search in Amazon and you can see it's rather notorious. with lots of bricked units right after the warranty period.

I would definitely go for Xiaomi 70MAI PRO rather than other no-name brands, be it supercapacitor, double camera, whatever, Amazon reviews show far too many mini0906 lasted for less than 6 months, not a good sign. I am tempted to go for GPS tracking, rear cam, double cams, reverse cam, music players, ADAS, GPS navigation, and all the goodies too. But just think what do you really need in a dash cam? Just a good front cam, at about 120-degree angle for optimum clarity. 

Having said that, am really tempted to try out mini0906 for all its goodies.
Just buy whichever brand you like its your monies anyway. Im not promoting my product here. Its just a alternative incase ppl dont know. Somehow all product are made in china, probably same manufacturer or common mould. They used alot of same sub contractor to save the development cost, manufacturing cost and reduce the investment cost. Sharing is caring in china. Dont think they use sony lens except the Sony cmos.

If you have a product you can always distribute under xiaomi marketing platform. Loyalty fees will do.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0326sec    0.20    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:55 AM