[WTA] Back Pain Relief

views

TSiZuDeeN
post Sep 26 2018, 03:21 PM, updated 6y ago

Look at all my stars!!
3,334 posts

Hi Guys,

Need your professional opinion on this

I've been doing BodyPump exercise for about 2 years.

I only recently having back pain ; and I suspect due to poor core or posture

I dont think its posture problem as I have been doing the same class for nearly 2 years now (with different release).

I carry about 30kg (total) for squats (Im about 65kg) so thats about half my body weight with about 150 reps (within 5 mins)

So my question... what can help to reduce / eliminate this back problem and back to normal?

Would wearing a back brace helps? If yes, what type?

Or should I just completely stop doing classes for 2 - 3 months??? sad.gif
Lionel90
post Sep 28 2018, 01:26 PM

I lift! Or so I think..
2,239 posts

Not an expert so I'm gonna point you to one:
https://www.youtube.com/user/JDCav24/search...in&pbjreload=10

I don't think this is an injury from an instance of bad form, more likely due to accumulation, otherwise you would have problem moving around now.
axtray
post Sep 28 2018, 04:10 PM

Enthusiast
707 posts

Hmm like

- take 1 or 2 weeks off?
- go see a doctor to check if it doesnt' have anything to do with your spine? Trust me you don't wanna mess with this one
- Try some traditional massage?

edit: just realized that you are doing 150 damn reps in 5 minutes? that's some crossfit level shit there. pretty sure your muscles for your posterior chains are pretty shot (fatigued) now. go see a doctor and if it were me, I'd ditch whatever workout you're doing now and plan for a much better program, like proper strength training which can actually strengthen those muscles instead.

This post has been edited by axtray: Sep 28 2018, 04:15 PM
TSiZuDeeN
post Sep 29 2018, 11:39 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,334 posts

QUOTE(Lionel90 @ Sep 28 2018, 01:26 PM)
Not an expert so I'm gonna point you to one:
https://www.youtube.com/user/JDCav24/search...in&pbjreload=10

I don't think this is an injury from an instance of bad form, more likely due to accumulation, otherwise you would have problem moving around now.
QUOTE(axtray @ Sep 28 2018, 04:10 PM)
Hmm like

- take 1 or 2 weeks off?
- go see a doctor to check if it doesnt' have anything to do with your spine? Trust me you don't wanna mess with this one
- Try some traditional massage?

edit: just realized that you are doing 150 damn reps in 5 minutes? that's some crossfit level shit there. pretty sure your muscles for your posterior chains are pretty shot (fatigued) now. go see a doctor and if it were me, I'd ditch whatever workout you're doing now and plan for a much better program, like proper strength training which can actually strengthen those muscles instead.
Im taking a week off already and the pain reduced significantly already... perhaps another couple weeks the pain will go off..

Its normal for BodyPump class to do about 1000-1300 reps per class so Im sure its safe... just for my case not sure where the problem comes from... too heavy for me ; bad form ; fatique ? rclxub.gif hmm.gif
axtray
post Sep 29 2018, 04:38 PM

Enthusiast
707 posts

QUOTE(iZuDeeN @ Sep 29 2018, 11:39 AM)
Im taking a week off already and the pain reduced significantly already... perhaps another couple weeks the pain will go off..

Its normal for BodyPump class to do about 1000-1300 reps per class so Im sure its safe... just for my case not sure where the problem comes from...  too heavy for me ; bad form ; fatique ?  rclxub.gif  hmm.gif
Glad to know you're recovering. smile.gif

Afaik for body pump, aren't the bars and weight pretty light? There's no way way that thin bar can withstand 30kg total.

If really 30kg then I believe it's fatigue. Body pump squats are quarter squats to begin with. I doubt the form is compromised that much tbh

This post has been edited by axtray: Sep 29 2018, 04:40 PM
TSiZuDeeN
post Oct 1 2018, 10:10 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,334 posts

QUOTE(axtray @ Sep 29 2018, 04:38 PM)
Glad to know you're recovering. smile.gif

Afaik for body pump, aren't the bars and weight pretty light? There's no way way that thin bar can withstand 30kg total.

If really 30kg then I believe it's fatigue. Body pump squats are quarter squats to begin with. I doubt the form is compromised that much tbh
yupp.. 30kg total (15 half) ... some instructors doing 40kg total

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0142sec    0.27    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:09 PM