Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Standard ] · Linear+

> Honda City Gen 6.0/6.1 V10

views

NickedAsy
post Sep 20 2018, 09:06 PM

~: 6-Star Space Marshall :~
1,763 posts

My brake lock finally arrived. Now tengah hunting where's the socket to cucuk it laugh.gif
NickedAsy
post Sep 21 2018, 10:37 AM

1,763 posts

QUOTE(maximillan @ Sep 20 2018, 11:30 PM)
OBD?  below steerin towards the center dashboard..?
Yep, obd. Tengah back pain so hard to bend down to see. sweat.gif
Maybe during weekend can slowly do and at the same time build my courage to do the side steps laugh.gif
NickedAsy
post Sep 21 2018, 07:25 PM

1,763 posts

QUOTE(mushigen @ Sep 21 2018, 01:45 PM)
It's on the left side of driver side. You can feel with your left hand.
Ic ic. I'll try it tomorrow morning. The socket is exposed or got a panel need to open?
NickedAsy
post Sep 22 2018, 01:07 PM

1,763 posts

QUOTE(mushigen @ Sep 21 2018, 10:03 PM)
It's exposed. You just need to peed under the steering wheel (left side) with half of your body outside the car. Once you know where it is, you can raba raba with your left hand when you want to plug/unplug the OBD device. Do take note that the fitting is one way, i.e., it only connects in one orientation.
Noted. Finally found the socket after needing to take a shot with my phone. Didn't realize it was actually facing the driver's front instead of the side. Thanks for your hints and tips. smile.gif
Attached Image
NickedAsy
post Sep 23 2018, 11:22 PM

1,763 posts

QUOTE(hc7840 @ Sep 23 2018, 10:10 PM)
Can we lock the car doors without arming alarms? Going away for few days, don't want the alarm to drain battery. Or just don't worry about it, 5 days should be fine?
Need to do this step.
1. With you outside, and the driver door open, press the inner button for locking the car door. Remember not the outside button at your door handle.
2. Immediately pull the handle of the outside door and while the handle is pulled, close the door. That's it.

If your door gets unlocked due to taking too long to reach for the handle outside, just repeat.
NickedAsy
post Oct 1 2018, 10:10 AM

1,763 posts

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Oct 1 2018, 09:58 AM)
Can confirm for FL HU:
Mirascreen = yes, im using it
Anycast M2plus = cannot use
Anycast M3plus (RK version) = forumer assclown confirmed can use
Ori Chromecast = forumer prasys showed video can use

Unknown:
Ezycast
Wecast
Anycast M4plus = this is improved from M3plus above, so should able to work?

Amongst these dongles, Mirascreen has the slowest CPU & least RAM, but just for mirror to small HU screen, I see no lags. Waze, GMaps displays real time. Slower FPS for video mirroring would be due to crappy HU (supposedly max 30 fps, but I doubt it).
How you managed to lower the mirascreen screen resolution? Mine is stuck lowest at 720p. :/
NickedAsy
post Nov 1 2018, 07:39 PM

1,763 posts

QUOTE(cofin @ Nov 1 2018, 04:37 PM)
I change mine at HOnda ...Panasonic battery. i change 5 times already lol i think record holder ....almost 1 year 1 time as my car not even 5 years

Battery kong ....ask them come the SC dude also just jumper then drive my car to SC then put in a new battery ...around same price
Panasonic battery? How long it tahan before it kong ar? Never used that brand before
NickedAsy
post Nov 7 2018, 11:23 PM

1,763 posts

QUOTE(NTE @ Nov 7 2018, 10:43 PM)
Greeting all sifus,
My city (year end of 2016, just about 2 years old) can't start today, able to start with jump start.
Subsequently able to start normally, so is battery kong or any other more serious issue?
Btw if I replace battery outside, will this kacau my warranty? Since its a wear and tear item? Possible that I still can claim from sc?
Thanks in advance
I kena your issue one month ago. Should be battery kong. Changing outside no warranty void and much cheaper. SC warranty only 1 year.
NickedAsy
post Nov 8 2018, 11:28 AM

1,763 posts

QUOTE(NTE @ Nov 7 2018, 11:37 PM)
Any recommendation? Battery brand? Usual price range? Anything to look out for during replacement? Newbie here
I usually change to standard century types,but as the bro below you posted, I will be trying out Amaron with that upsize as I've heard good things about that brand including from my office and house alarm installer. Standard price more than 230 for that including workmanship kot.
NickedAsy
post Nov 12 2018, 01:40 PM

1,763 posts

QUOTE(vvip @ Nov 12 2018, 11:02 AM)
Any idea will Honda provide courtesy car to customers whose new car require long repair period? Or can customer claim transportation fee from Honda due to new car faulty?
When I sent to change my car battery the cover did ask me if I'm in a hurry to go anywhere to which I said I wasn't so the topic ended.

However the second time when I asked regarding the process to change my start button, she did say that Honda will provide spare cars for those cases who need to spend a few days in the workshop. Not sure if it's based on the center or its a nationwide policy.
NickedAsy
post Nov 13 2018, 07:52 AM

1,763 posts

QUOTE(vvip @ Nov 13 2018, 12:24 AM)
u did ur  start button at center? Glenmarie?
Belum. They said I need to go one day to verify the problem then need to go again to do the replacement itself. And all cannot do on weekends. So still finding a time to do the replacement lol
NickedAsy
post Nov 13 2018, 11:00 AM

1,763 posts

QUOTE(nordingh @ Nov 13 2018, 10:58 AM)
NO, normally plug and play.
Change start button took 2 days? Really. I change mine during last service, just few hours including servicing, waiting and shopping.
Yours was done during servicing meaning on weekends? Maybe my center in mlk diff policy kot. Kah motor 3S.
NickedAsy
post Nov 13 2018, 07:38 PM

1,763 posts

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Nov 13 2018, 11:11 AM)
Lolz! Exactly like my case for replacement of rear suspension beam. Need 1 weekday go there to confirm the problem, then will need another 1 weekday to do the replacement after they have got the parts. Still finding time to do that. Walauwei! My car spend more off days with me at SC than me and my family.
Kan? They either need to revise the way they need to make the customers waste 2 weekdays, or enable us to do during weekends or at least the first round checkup during a weekend.

QUOTE(nordingh @ Nov 13 2018, 11:14 AM)
I went weekdays at Kah Motor Selayang. During the checkup, I just told the problem, the SA check stock and said OK, will replaced it, no verification was done, I not even show any pic or video to prove it. Even the SA said this common issue with City, old Accord and Civic.

Kah Motor Selayang is the best for me, never had any issue with them.

Last year, during 50K service, as my car entitle for battery recall program, the SA check my battery and saw I use Century NS60 already, so he told me, wait until that battery kaput and come to SC again to get the new battery. So when the battery died, I called them to inform and get the replacement ready, went there with motor, give them the Century, back home with a new battery.
Dang. Maybe that time the spare part was available or they memang keep stock for that at selayang. How long your ns60 lasted?
NickedAsy
post Nov 13 2018, 08:58 PM

1,763 posts

QUOTE(nordingh @ Nov 13 2018, 08:11 PM)
Yokohama NS40 - Sept 2014 - Nov 2015 - 14 months (vapor leaking)
Century NS60 - Nov 2015 - Aug 2017 - 21 months
Furukawa NS40 - Aug 2017 - Now - 14 months

Need to spare a battery already. Feel like the battery under power, 90% only now (12.5Volt before start).
Nice the ns60 lasted 2 years. The Yokohama could have gone longer if not for the leak? I'm thinking the next brand to test is the Amaron. Wanna see what's the hype about it.
Do you have a voltage sensor on the battery itself or using the cig lighter? Because when I turn on the initial acc without the key with the sensor in the cig port, it dips to 12.4 sometimes coz it loads the hu and the dash so I thought all the while it was normal since the cranking sound doesn't sound weak yet. My pana ns40 also around 3 months je. hmm.gif
NickedAsy
post Dec 30 2018, 09:45 PM

1,763 posts

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Dec 30 2018, 07:51 PM)
[attachmentid=10149313]
I see a City having this type of visor. It has cutouts at front to prevent blocking the view and it has a sleek thin shape that matches the rear door visor. I have been looking for this type but so far no luck.
Ini ke? They call it "mugen style" hmm.gif
https://s.lazada.com.my/s.j2WL
NickedAsy
post Jan 6 2019, 01:53 PM

1,763 posts

QUOTE(yang90 @ Jan 6 2019, 12:35 PM)
Today check my new city tyre pressure, omg 300kpa each , is it normal? Will it cause bad FC? What's the best tyre pressure?
They inflated mine to 270 on all 4 tyres last time. Something to do with long storage affecting the condition of the tyres.

QUOTE(ameri @ Jan 6 2019, 01:19 PM)
U first time drive car?
How does that query help?
NickedAsy
post Jan 6 2019, 08:52 PM

1,763 posts

Just arranged with SC for my servicing this month on one of the coming Saturdays. Must remember to remove my canbus. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Jan 6 2019, 07:11 PM)
Perhaps he meant those who have been driving few years ady would know where to look for appropriate tyre pressure.
Sounded a bit rude though, like questioning his intelligence. hmm.gif
NickedAsy
post Jan 7 2019, 10:54 AM

1,763 posts

QUOTE(dickybird @ Jan 6 2019, 10:01 PM)
A car is a potentially dangerous power tool. Only intelligent, educated and competently trained people should be allowed to drive.
If the person don't even know where to look for the correct tyre pressures in their car. It makes me wonder how they managed to get their driving licence?
Not everyone in Malaysia is equppied with knowledge on proper car maintenance due to our learning institution. I've even helped change flat tyres in petrol stations before as the driver was stunned on what to do and where to go.

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Jan 6 2019, 10:04 PM)
Yeah, must remember to do that ya.

I guess its cuz sarcasm mistranslated in the internet. But it really is a noob question, though I'm not surprised if some new owners got City as their first car (PaMa money). So to give them the benefit of the doubt, I refer them to check on the manual. Those new owners should refer to manual first, or ask their SA if got problems.
Manual itu banyak tebal jadi malas baca kot biggrin.gif

But lots of people don't realize and aren't sure how to read the label on the pillar. Lucky my dad taught me that when I was young since I usually helped him to pump air. IIRC even during jpj lessons they didn't cover that.
NickedAsy
post Jan 7 2019, 10:57 AM

1,763 posts

QUOTE(gsan @ Jan 7 2019, 09:22 AM)
why need to remove the canbus? I did installed canbus harness before 10k service until now, and coming Sat for 40k service.
Yep, was talking about my obd device. Maybe your SC is the more open minded type but I want to avoid any red mark going into my ledger until at least the end of the warranty. Plus I'm scheduled to change my start button at the time too so wanna give them less excuses in case they don't want to honor my warranty claim.
NickedAsy
post Jan 9 2019, 05:25 PM

1,763 posts

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Jan 9 2019, 03:39 PM)
These touch up painting is just colour coat. You need to apply clear coat on top to seal the paint, otherwise it will come off easily. IINM, ezy touch up do have "clear gloss" as well. You can search for it from the same place you bought that ezy paint.
I tried the autospa set which came with the clear coat, but it was gooey like glue and when sapu the area turned rough pulak. Am I doing it wrong? hmm.gif

QUOTE(mushigen @ Jan 7 2019, 12:02 PM)
I don't understand why certain people get upset when people ask basic questions. You can always choose to ignore if you find the questions too stupid for you. After all, this is a forum to share and find out information, no?

And while it is noble to try to make people learn, have we stopped to ask ourselves why we do that? People need specific answers to a specific question, so we either answer them or ignore them.

Questions like "how long have you been driving?" do not help in this situation.
That's what I always considered forums are for. To share information around. If it helps, good. If it doesn't answer, someone else can help out.

This post has been edited by NickedAsy: Jan 9 2019, 06:02 PM

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0286sec    0.87    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 13th August 2020 - 10:12 AM