views

NickedAsy
post Jan 21 2019, 05:55 PM

~: 6-Star Space Marshall :~
1,763 posts

QUOTE(gsan @ Jan 21 2019, 01:38 PM)
brows.gif Honda Vezel RU3 RS Soft Leather Steering  thumbup.gif

[attachmentid=10167067]
The grip better tak? Sometimes the prefl v spec mia slippery especially after washing hands or when too cold.
NickedAsy
post Feb 13 2019, 11:08 PM

1,763 posts

Anybody get a hairspray like smell whenever revving hard such as during overtaking on highways or just opening up the engine on straight roads? The smell goes away once normal speed is resumed. hmm.gif
NickedAsy
post Feb 14 2019, 09:48 PM

1,763 posts

QUOTE(cempedaklife @ Feb 14 2019, 11:44 AM)
i think i got the same symptom. no do anything yet.

sometimes rev hard will have smell awhile not unpleasant but just some smell, ask wife, she couldnt smell it.
but nor just rev, sometimes normal drive also will have.

unsure about this.
Mine smells like hairspray though. It started showing after my recent service. Maybe I need to go back to the SC and check.
NickedAsy
post Feb 24 2019, 10:27 AM

1,763 posts

Claimed my start button warranty after getting increasingly harder to press.

QUOTE(cempedaklife @ Feb 14 2019, 10:10 PM)
Cool. Do let me know how it goes. Mine is actually older version of city. But I guess should be about the same. I don't go to official sc anymore.

I cant describe the smell. Lol.
I should also be pre-FL like you. thumbup.gif
SC said he never heard of this case before and need to set appointment to do the testing di. Alamak, another day's leave need to burn... sweat.gif
NickedAsy
post Mar 6 2019, 09:15 PM

1,763 posts

QUOTE(cempedaklife @ Mar 6 2019, 06:56 PM)
So the issue happened lately again. I noticed that the piping which is supposed to be cold (at least the first picture one) is hot. The Two fans at the front is Turning so that's not a problem.

Someone mentioned in the forum about the smell and he got the correct description I think. It's smells like hair spray.

What could be the problem?

user posted image

user posted image
Me haha.
So far I haven't been able to book a second appointment with the SC due to company audits. There's been no smell so far though because I'm doing city traveling these days. You plan on making a trip to the SC?
NickedAsy
post Mar 7 2019, 09:01 PM

1,763 posts

QUOTE(cempedaklife @ Mar 7 2019, 06:38 AM)
Alright. On the aircon issue, I just checked this morning there is a bigger than palm size plastic bag right in front of  one of the fans. Covering perhaps 70% of the fan if fully stretched. No idea why it could get between the front grill and the condenser. All these while I just checked in front of the grill and the fans from engine bay. Never thought of checking in between.

By the look of the grime and blackness of the plastic, seems like its been there for a while. Perhaps since end of last year?

Hopefully this is the cause as its blocking one of the fan. Making the condenser ineffectively.

On the aircon after that and the aircon and the pipe are bloody cold. But it's the morning, and the symptom doesnt appear all the time. So it's not conclusive. I'll monitor and report back.

user posted image

user posted image
Dang. What an unexpected thing to appear as the cause. Does the hairspray smell still appear after the offending plastic bag has been removed?
NickedAsy
post Mar 8 2019, 10:50 AM

1,763 posts

QUOTE(cempedaklife @ Mar 8 2019, 07:03 AM)
I'm not entirely sure. But seems like still have, but milder when it happen. But it might be my mind. I'll continue to monitor.
Noted. I'll take a look under my hood this weekend once I come back to my baby. Mana tau might find something else like a wrapper, dead cat or rat or even a hairspray bottle itself stuck in the middle there.
Lucky you managed to find it before your ac system really overheated beyond recovery though.
NickedAsy
post Mar 12 2019, 10:48 PM

1,763 posts

QUOTE(ITforce @ Mar 12 2019, 10:28 PM)
Ya that's what I meant. But is it the steering lock will auto engaged when I OFF engine and I don't need to turn the steering to hear the click sound ? I thought when I turn the steering until I heard the click sound, only the anti-theft lock activates.
I once accidentally bumped my steering with my leg while getting out of my car and somehow it turned and click locked. After a while in a "oh shit, wtf did I just do?" moment I tried pressing the power button and my steering unlocked and goyang back into position.
NickedAsy
post Mar 12 2019, 11:26 PM

1,763 posts

QUOTE(mushigen @ Mar 12 2019, 11:04 PM)
No offence bro, but is this your first car?  biggrin.gif
The steering going back on its own is the reason I don't activate the click after I shutdown my car. You are "forcing" the thing to unlock if you activate the click and you don't turn the steering a bit when you unlock the steering by pressing the start button.
2nd car bro haha. I'm not used to the steering lock mechanism because I'm more of the old school type. Using the pedal to steering lock makes me more confident about its safety. Old faithful has been following me since my first car until now. biggrin.gif
NickedAsy
post May 20 2019, 05:37 PM

1,763 posts

QUOTE(cempedaklife @ May 20 2019, 04:10 PM)
Bro have you get it checked out in SC?

BTW, I can share with you. My magnetic aircon clutch was giving way. And I had it replace. During replacement, the Pakistan worker say he worked with Honda factory before. And he said the good thing about Honda aircon is that there is a mechanism (he shows me I dunno what part in bonnet) that release gas if its overpressure to protect the aircon system.

As part of the replacement, they helped to apply compressor oil, vacuum out gas and refill whole new gas. After that, I don't have any symptom already.

While the replacement shouldn't be the cause, I suggest you to add compressor oil, vacuum out your gas and refill it (don't just topup) since I did topup once before and it's still the same.

Should be less than rm100 job
Hi bro, to tell you the truth I totally forgot about this case until you tagged me laugh.gif
But thinking back, all the way from the last time I smelt that until my trip last month when I balik kampung revving all the way, and also my trip up and down Genting, I didn't recall getting the smell because it would then be very obvious. Could it be mine was an isolated issue? hmm.gif
My next service is coming up next month so I can at least ask them to check the aircond at the same time though.

But glad your issue has finally been fixed bro! biggrin.gif
NickedAsy
post May 20 2019, 08:14 PM

1,763 posts

QUOTE(cempedaklife @ May 20 2019, 07:34 PM)
Mind you. When I get my car, after dunno how long, maybe 1 or 2 years. Still under warranty. I hear this hissing sound from the aircon on the middle. I didn't think about it until my BIL asked me about it. Decided to ask SC as still under warranty. SC said the sound was expected.

Fast forward a few year later. Hissing still happens. About 6 years owning the car. Start to smell the smell and usually its in tandem with the hissing.

After the fix I told you, no more hissing no more smell.

But please do ask them about it.
Hmm... Noted on your experience. So far I've never heard the hissing sound though. Maybe my ears can't hear that well coz of my work exposure. The hissing starts when turning on the aircond or when driving?

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0371sec    1.20    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2020 - 11:02 PM