views

westlife
post Apr 19 2022, 08:21 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,298 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Apr 18 2022, 10:00 AM)
Time to let the X go and upgrade bro smile.gif
I think I still prefer one single device for on the go.

Without the need to bring iPad around and can still enjoy bigger screen for most of the stuff is good.
MasBoleh!
post May 3 2022, 03:06 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,184 posts

QUOTE(westlife @ Mar 23 2022, 12:03 AM)
Around rm300++ if u replace at apple authorised dealer. and only do it there. Dun go for third party battery.
No more water resistant right? After replaced the battery
westlife
post May 3 2022, 03:30 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,298 posts

QUOTE(MasBoleh! @ May 3 2022, 03:06 AM)
No more water resistant right? After replaced the battery
I think so. Never ask. It was free battery replacement.
MasBoleh!
post May 3 2022, 04:20 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,184 posts

QUOTE(westlife @ May 3 2022, 03:30 AM)
I think so. Never ask. It was free battery replacement.
How come got free battery replacement?
westlife
post May 3 2022, 07:51 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,298 posts

QUOTE(MasBoleh! @ May 3 2022, 04:20 AM)
How come got free battery replacement?
That time got this ‘saga’ that apple was found out to throttle the phone when ur battery condition is poor. As part of the ‘compensation’ to this, apple made discount to battery replacement to all models of iPhone from $79 to $29 usd regardless of warranty status.

And within one year warranty, if ur iPhone battery capacity falls below certain percentage u can request for replacement for free. I think it is 85% or 80% below. But that time my phone was below one year old and battery capacity was above 90% I still managed to get it changed .

If I remembered correctly, the staff at apple orchard did say that replacement of battery would cause the water resistant to be affected which it would not be as good as new without opening but also not 100% no water resistant but simply not as good only.

That was in 2018 which was the in the next year after iPhone X was released. I did not use the phone since battery replacement until recently only I started using it.
It was about one month of usage now. It started with capacity showing 100% and now the battery capacity is at 97% after the usage. I guessed the phone was unused for too long so somehow the battery also degraded by itself after the long storage.

However, one thing is obvious that the battery is significantly poorer in iOS 15 as well as the performance of the camera. It takes much longer for the phone to finish saving a camera (become clear and accessible). It used to be instant now at least it takes 5 seconds or longer. Seriously I should have kept the phone at much older iOS like iOS 13. iOS 15 has many new features not available for iPhone X which makes it no worthwhile to upgrade to iOS 15. I do like the feature of the metadata which now I tell the size of the individual photo and video instead of last time I need to use the ‘shortcut’ to do so.

This post has been edited by westlife: May 3 2022, 08:04 AM
MasBoleh!
post May 4 2022, 03:20 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,184 posts

QUOTE(westlife @ May 3 2022, 07:51 AM)
That time got this ‘saga’ that apple was found out to throttle the phone when ur battery condition is poor. As part of the ‘compensation’ to this, apple made discount to battery replacement to all models of iPhone from $79 to $29 usd regardless of warranty status.

And within one year warranty, if ur iPhone battery capacity falls below certain percentage u can request for replacement for free. I think it is 85% or 80% below. But that time my phone was below one year old and battery capacity was above 90% I still managed to get it changed .

If I remembered correctly, the staff at apple orchard did say that replacement of battery would cause the water resistant to be affected which it would not be as good as new without opening but also not 100% no water resistant but simply not as good only.

That was in 2018 which was the in the next year after iPhone X was released. I did not use the phone since battery replacement until recently only I started using it.
It was about one month of usage now. It started with capacity showing 100% and now the battery capacity is at 97% after the usage. I guessed the phone was unused for too long so somehow the battery also degraded by itself after the long storage.

However, one thing is obvious that the battery is significantly poorer in iOS 15 as well as the performance of the camera. It takes much longer for the phone to finish saving a camera (become clear and accessible). It used to be instant now at least it takes 5 seconds or longer. Seriously I should have kept the phone at much older iOS like iOS 13. iOS 15 has many new features not available for iPhone X which makes it no worthwhile to upgrade to iOS 15. I do like the feature of the metadata which now I tell the size of the individual photo and video instead of last time I need to use the ‘shortcut’ to do so.
Wow, I didn’t expect such a lengthy reply. Thank you so much and appreciate a lot.

I see. So you changed it at the official apple store in Singapore.

My battery is still the original one and nowadays really getting more and more frustrated to use it as I constantly need to find power plug. Thank you so much again for the information.
MasBoleh!
post May 23 2022, 02:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,184 posts

Guys, does Machine repair centre replace the lightning port too? My lightning port also kind of semi spoiled

77 Pages « < 75 76 77Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0143sec    0.22    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:35 AM