Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Apple Watch Series 4 Official Discussion Thread, All new. For a better you.

views

marquis
post Jan 2 2019, 08:58 AM

Flower Power!
2,467 posts

Seems like a lot of shops don't actually carry accessories for the watch. I went around like a headless chicken to get the Spigen Case...to no avail. Shops either don't have it, or those precious few that did, have it sold out.

Only one that had stock was the one at One Utama...and even then they only had pink. So no go for me.

Eventually went to the one in MyTown to buy an X-Doria defense edge. Whilst protection might not be the best, it beats using the phone naked...especially when I have to be walking around a construction site today laugh.gif

So moral of the story, just buy it online. Don't even bother with those shops like gadget 666 and Ninjaz
marquis
post Jan 4 2019, 04:21 PM

Flower Power!
2,467 posts

QUOTE(jychow @ Jan 3 2019, 08:27 PM)
you can try thunder match in mid valley. bought my spigen case there.
Thanks bro. Although I think I'm just gonna buy online. Damn sien already run around look for the damn case. Just wait for it to arrive to me instead laugh.gif

That's good info for others that might be looking though smile.gif
marquis
post Jan 31 2019, 02:21 PM

Flower Power!
2,467 posts

QUOTE(LMTY @ Jan 25 2019, 10:51 AM)
Guys, I have a question, I want to buy a new apple watch series 4 but don’t want get scold by my gf. Any solution?

Buy 2 is not an option because I only have budget for 1 haha
Can you afford to buy it? If yeah, go ahead. It's your money, and I assume you're a grown man. If you're still in high school/college, and not earning your own money, you probably shouldn't buy it.

Not intending to sound mean, just that I see so many people spend money they don't have for a gadget they don't really use just to impress others.

As to a solution for your problem, get her something she wants and get the watch for yourself. At least she won't feel left out.

I'm lucky enough that my wife bought me mine for my birthday.

----------------------

Anyone got any leather band recommendation for the 44mm watch? I've taken a look at Uniq, price seems to be acceptable to me...Only problem I see is that all the connectors are black. I think it'd look odd with my silver watch.

I do see Nomad have a silver connector for their Horween strap. It's a bit on the pricier side though. Don't feel like spending anything more than RM 200 for a leather band atm.

marquis
post Feb 1 2019, 02:42 PM

Flower Power!
2,467 posts

QUOTE(pandagear @ Jan 31 2019, 04:47 PM)
You can search online for photos of a silver watch with black hardware or all black strap, IMO it looks good. I've got a silver watch paired with a Nomad Rugged Strap (black with black hardware) and it doesn't stand out.
The Nomad Silver hardware is more of a stainless steel finish and not aluminium silver.
I have and what I see doesn't really inspire me. Do you mind posting a photo of yours if you don't mind? I'm not really into black leather straps since most of my shoes are brown. Heh.

Any adapter that someone can recommend? I might just end up using my existing straps if I can get a good adapter.

On a different note, those with a 38/40 mm device could take a look at machines. They're doing insane clearance for the apple straps. The classic buckle going for under a hundred.
marquis
post Apr 25 2019, 03:43 PM

Flower Power!
2,467 posts

Hello all.

Quick question. My watch is about 4-5 months old and I noticed there’s...”pock marks” on it. I know the warranty said this isn’t covered. However, does anyone have any experience in getting their unit replaced? I have never dropped, or even scratched it on any surface. My glass is flawless with the damage being to the body itself. Seems very much like a manufacturing defect. These aren’t scratches, more like someone used a very sharp (and hard) pin to poke holes on the body itself

EDIT:

On a different note, my battery suddenly has insane drain. Wore it to sleep and woke up to 60% health. Was 100% charged when I went to sleep. Did not update the software. Prior to this my watch was just fine. Wearing it to sleep only brings down the battery by 1-3%. Did not download any apps. My battery is currently at 18%. That’s a whopping 42% drop in 8 hours wear with no activity tracking.

This post has been edited by marquis: Apr 25 2019, 03:46 PM
marquis
post May 27 2019, 03:35 PM

Flower Power!
2,467 posts

QUOTE(zonan4 @ May 25 2019, 09:17 AM)
Just bought X-doria strap, qcy t2c earbuds and portable keychain apple watch charger....
Can share the keychain apple watch charger? Interested to get one myself. Is it just the "puck"?

Thanks!
marquis
post May 28 2019, 03:00 PM

Flower Power!
2,467 posts

QUOTE(zonan4 @ May 27 2019, 08:06 PM)
They just shipped it from China. Will update later. I cancelled the QCY earbud and buy Jlab jbuds air instead.
Oh. From Taobao/Ali?

If so could share the link? I've been looking for one but can't seem to find a reliable one that works with the S4

QUOTE(Chubbyteddy @ May 28 2019, 12:43 PM)
Rhinoshield applewatch case have arrived.

https://rhinoshield.io/pages/apple-watch?ca...black&rim=black
It's been out for about a week now...don't they usually have some sort of fanfare with new product launches? Usually together with a sale or something.

Waiting for some actual reviews...Not sure if I'm keen with the kind of material. Would match my phone's case though.
marquis
post Jun 11 2019, 01:39 PM

Flower Power!
2,467 posts

QUOTE(xiiaoisaac @ May 30 2019, 10:55 PM)
Does anyone uses their AW for workout? Coz I’m using the sport loop but I’m worried it will smell after sometime... need help/suggestions
I have to walk around the construction site quite extensively at times. Did it with the Sport Band...Not a very good idea. I suppose it depends on the individual. The sweat + getting it wet when washing my hands etc, the sport loop tends to have an odour after about a week or two.

I've since switched to the spigen rugged armor pro on days that I need to head out to walk around the site.

QUOTE(zonan4 @ Jun 1 2019, 01:13 PM)
I buy from shopee. The portable charger can fully charge 2 time max as i just test it. Rm 40.00. It take 6 day to arrive.

For jlab airbuds I’m surprise it has good sound and I’m using the smallest eartip that been provided.

For strap the seller send wrong size so I return back and get one at carousel for the price of RM75 and for me the strap is in good quality compare the cheap silicone I buy from China
Can share the seller's name? Quite interested due to the form factor. Does your watch heat up or any disconnections? Those seem to be the major problems from what I've read on Aliexpress.
marquis
post Jul 15 2019, 09:13 AM

Flower Power!
2,467 posts

QUOTE(Marcus95 @ Jul 13 2019, 12:14 AM)
Just got my rhinoshield case(with 2 extra rims white&blue) for my s4 44m.
Looks decent

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Thanks for the share! How's the material like..and is it difficult to take on/off. The videos don't really show much tbh...doesn't help that most of my go-to reviewers haven't done a hands-on yet. I'm guessing the material is just as smooth as their cases?

Initial thoughts?
marquis
post Jul 16 2019, 11:10 AM

Flower Power!
2,467 posts

QUOTE(desreg2913 @ Jul 15 2019, 05:17 PM)
any tough nice type of case introduce? below RM 100. Want to have tough type of case for workout or outdoor activity. like g-shock biggrin.gif
Spigen Tough Armor (Or Pro for slightly more but it has the bands "built in"). Personally I'm using the Pro whenever I go to visit my site. Otherwise I wear it naked or an xdoria rim/bumper. Contemplating the Crashguard

QUOTE(Marcus95 @ Jul 16 2019, 10:09 AM)
Materials are exactly the same as the crashguard NX, it does have the honeycomb protection inside. In my opinion it is not hard to take the case out, especially changing the rims. They are just clips so its not hard to pop them in and out. To me it's a proper design case, i would love to see more colour rims.. especially if they have the camo ones...
Thanks for the feedback! Only beef I have with the Crashguard construction is scratches are very obvious. Still, would be something to consider as it'll be all matchy-matchy with my phone. Heh. Missed out on their 4th of July deals though. Probably wait for the next sale. Anyone here want in to get the free shipping?

QUOTE(desreg2913 @ Jul 16 2019, 10:45 AM)
u can try this https://shopee.com.my/shop/8946535/
i think they have another shopee account call infinitymarket.

but i buy from smartsbuy. iPhone XS also cheap.. very tempted LOL
QUOTE(stringfellow. @ Jul 16 2019, 10:53 AM)
can share the link?
Bro. Link literally shared right before you posted sweat.gif
marquis
post Jul 16 2019, 11:14 AM

Flower Power!
2,467 posts

QUOTE(Marcus95 @ Jul 16 2019, 11:12 AM)
i had the tough armor, rugged armor and the thin fit. My Thin Fit went missing after my jogging session, happen twice when the case flew out. I have no idea how it flew out but i think the material was to thin and due to tension it just flew out.tough armor the thin piece of case seems to almost snap once when i tried to force it out. So far rugged armor is still standing, but in your case do go for the tough armor
Since you've had the rugged armor...how does it compare to the crash guard? Also, any problem pulling the sport loop closed? I had very minor issues using the sport loop on my xdoria
marquis
post Jul 16 2019, 11:27 AM

Flower Power!
2,467 posts

QUOTE(Marcus95 @ Jul 16 2019, 11:13 AM)
i dont mind joining for free shipping, i want extra rims  rclxms.gif
I'll hit you up when there's another round of sale then brows.gif

Although, if you wanna go ahead and buy it first, don't feel obliged to wait eh?

QUOTE(Marcus95 @ Jul 16 2019, 11:21 AM)
Urgh the sport loop interferes with any case i am wearing unless it is the very thin kind of material. Example the Spigen Thin fit. I would prefer the rhinoshield over the rugged armor because the screen protection is higher and i also like the round shape compare to the rugged armor
Hmmm. Alright. Thanks for the feedback. Might get a black case with various rims to fit the different bands.

Any photos of the rhinoshield with a leather band?
marquis
post Jul 17 2019, 09:56 AM

Flower Power!
2,467 posts

QUOTE(Marcus95 @ Jul 16 2019, 11:33 AM)
he he.. i've been buying rhinoshield case since the begining, waiting is not a problem as i know new colors will release  tongue.gif . I do have a leather band, will post a pic by tonight
Rhinoshield buddies! Lol. Bought them when it first came out for the 6s Plus. Unfortunately it broke (both mine and the wife's). Haven't actually gotten down to claiming it yet. The colours we have aren't even sold anymore!

QUOTE(realitec @ Jul 16 2019, 05:54 PM)
I am always afraid to wear bigger watch on my wrist. Not sure if the 40mm suit me too. Is it bigger screen tend to have better battery capacity?

Another question, which warranty? US or SG?
Like Marcus said, just go to the shop and try it on. 40mm doesn't automatically make it a woman's watch; ditto to the 44mm as well. I think battery capacity is quite negligible between the two sizes. Buy what feels comfortable on your wrist.

QUOTE(Marcus95 @ Jul 17 2019, 08:47 AM)
I only have brown leather strap

Thanks! Although it seems the watch doesn't really look as good with a case on a leather strap. Guess gonna have to wear it naked if it's gonna go on a leather.
marquis
post Jul 18 2019, 09:30 AM

Flower Power!
2,467 posts

QUOTE(Marcus95 @ Jul 17 2019, 10:37 AM)
imo if its the stainless steel and leather band, i will go naked. To slap a case on is more to im using a sport loop with it
S/S is a lot more expensive. Maybe once I've fully integrated the watch into my daily life I might consider it...when our telco offers support for cellular as well. Wanna see how long this S4 can last.

QUOTE(realitec @ Jul 17 2019, 11:02 AM)
Thanks both. I am from Labuan, we dont have any Apple authorize reseller. Perhaps I will try when I am in KL. Not sure if coming September, AW S5 will be launched too? Then AW S4's price will be dropped.
Pop by KK during the weekend lah. No need to wait till you're all the way back in KL. Rumour has it there'll be a new watch...but I don't recall anything outstanding though. Would be a good idea to wait for a new release for the price to drop.

QUOTE(Chubbyteddy @ Jul 17 2019, 03:34 PM)
Got the Rhinoshield for my Series 3
[attachmentid=10285260]
Is that a black with a camo rim?

QUOTE(deadman8836 @ Jul 17 2019, 05:31 PM)
Got myself the Camo Green and Black Rim for my Series 4.

user posted image
Oh. The camo green actually looks green-er than I thought. Doesn't look that way on my screen. Lol. Hmm. So far we have black and green here. Any other colours?

Seems like a lot of people are on the rhinoshield bandwagon now! Honestly got kinda tired seeing the spigen armor all the time. More variety now.

Anyone noticed if any shops are selling them locally yet? Or did everyone buy it from the site itself?
marquis
post Jul 19 2019, 11:26 AM

Flower Power!
2,467 posts

QUOTE(Chubbyteddy @ Jul 18 2019, 06:27 PM)
Mine is black with black rim. Bought from shopee local seller for RM69.00
I see. Thanks for the info. I wonder if shops have started selling it yet.

It's not that much of a price difference. Did you buy it from the shopee seller because you wanted it fast?

QUOTE(Marcus95 @ Jul 19 2019, 12:53 AM)
They are decent for the price of them really, for me this looks better then Apple's. Here is the Link

Nice! Been contemplating one but just never bothered to go through and see which is a trustworthy one. Since you've vetted them, I might just get one. Thanks again man!

PS: You change your avatar daily? I had to look at your username to confirm laugh.gif
marquis
post Jul 19 2019, 12:16 PM

Flower Power!
2,467 posts

QUOTE(Marcus95 @ Jul 19 2019, 11:46 AM)
sorry haha just being active back in this forum
You know, now I think about it, your username is oddly familiar. What threads are you usually active in? I've been on and off in the forum myself...so it would have to be from something wayyyyy back. laugh.gif

Keeping to the the thread, how often do you wear your watch with a case on? I notice nowadays I tend to wear it naked unless I know I'm going on site. I keep a case in my bag just in case I'm needed on site and am wearing it naked.

Also, anyone got pitting/etching issues on your watch? I've had to send it in once for warranty already. I see it coming back though. Waiting for more marks before I claim for a second warranty.
marquis
post Jul 19 2019, 12:33 PM

Flower Power!
2,467 posts

QUOTE(Marcus95 @ Jul 19 2019, 12:21 PM)
well i have been on and off mostly all over in the forum. I wear my watch with my case on unless it is formal outfit then naked watch it is. i thougth there wont be etching issues anymore since s4 below are glass
Etching issue is very real. Probably a lemon, or apple QC in general just sucks nowadays. I've never issues on any of my apple product since the time of my iPod click wheel. Feel like they've gone on a downward spiral ever since Jobs left.

Anyways, how often do you take the case on and off? Trying to find out the contributing factor to this etching issue.
marquis
post Jul 25 2019, 10:00 AM

Flower Power!
2,467 posts

QUOTE(Marcus95 @ Jul 19 2019, 01:13 PM)
I change cases weekly. Sometime daily
You've had no issues with damage to the body of the watch right? Which means my previous (and quite possibly current) unit are lemon units. Sigh.

QUOTE(goldieboy @ Jul 24 2019, 07:27 PM)
user posted image

Finally, manage to resolve the ECG.
You just need to sign in iCloud with someone who has ECG activated. Then load the ECG into your phone. Once done, u can sign in with your own Apple ID.
So...time to find a watch user in countries with ECG enabled. Thanks for your hardwork!

QUOTE(EdwinCodec @ Jul 25 2019, 09:15 AM)
That's a great resolution! Do you happen to have dummy iCloud account with ECG activated?  biggrin.gif
This is a money-making opportunity here...ECG unlock services laugh.gif
marquis
post Jul 26 2019, 10:48 AM

Flower Power!
2,467 posts

QUOTE(realitec @ Jul 25 2019, 03:46 PM)
Maybe soon, at least you are already ready your watch with cellular. Hows the battery life? Need to charge daily right? Then if you charge at midnight, you cant wear it while you sleep. Otherwise it can sense how deep is your sleeping pattern.
Would be nice if Apple has it's own sleep app. I'm using Sleep++ but it doesn't provide as much data.

QUOTE(EdwinCodec @ Jul 25 2019, 04:51 PM)
Hahahaa. Exactly. Time to reach out to some of the long lost friends from other countries.  biggrin.gif
And figure out which one is still stuck with apple AND uses the watch. The more I think about it, the more I think I'll just keep on using it without ECG sweat.gif

Quick clarification: The ECG functionality will need to be unlocked in the region itself right? Would a friend in a compatible (for lack of a better word) country without a watch be able to do it?

QUOTE(Marcus95 @ Jul 26 2019, 10:03 AM)

Itchy hand me wants new watchface so OS6 it is
The decibel meter thing seems like a good addition. How's the performance? Battery better/worse/no different?
marquis
post Jul 29 2019, 09:09 AM

Flower Power!
2,467 posts

QUOTE(Marcus95 @ Jul 26 2019, 03:31 PM)
still on going testing.. just installed yesterday.

Update on first day, Now at 22%.

Huh. Is that normal? What was your day like? Battery life prior to the new WatchOS?

Coz I usually get more than 12 hours of battery life per day - have circa 60% at 11pm. If I walk around the site more, I'll have about 40% instead. If it was a particularly grueling day, I'll have about 25%.

I wear the watch to sleep. Charge it when showering. Wear it throughout the day. Charge it again when I get back. Once it's full I'll wear it to sleep.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0509sec    0.30    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:40 PM