Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

[ Standard ] · Linear+

> Anyone got scam by tint shop before?

views

TSrikuseo
post Aug 15 2018, 12:52 PM, updated 2y ago

4 posts

ranting.gif ranting.gif ranting.gif I have been cheated by One World Tinting with fake Raytech Tint. I notice they also sell fake 3M, Vkool, Llumar, Solar Gard etc. Anyone got into the same scam before? Yes please show up here and share your experience ranting.gif ranting.gif ranting.gif

I think I have been scammed, a very bad experience to get my car tinted in Kepong (one of the shop at the row behind public bank kepong). I saw their FB ads and went to the shop for a tint on my car. They have a demo zone in which all the branded and non-branded films will be displayed on the wall. From there the sales person will then explain to you (but not too detailed) about the films they have. Surprisingly the demo zone turns out with 3m, raytech, vkool and Llumar display on the wall. I was not really paying too much attention since I am replacing the old one with a new one, so I took raytech films in the end.

After the installation has been done, a warranty card is then given by the shop. Here was how I find out something's wrong with tint I got. The warranty card is not similar as what my friend showed me like 3 years back. The warranty card given to me is not the one with Raytech logo and related information, instead it is a warranty card under the shop itself. I texted my friend afterwards to get a snap shot on the warranty card that he got last time, and turns out the card design is totally different.

Alright, one last thing I did to get further confirmation on this, I called Raytech HQ. He staff told me that the shop in kepong not authorized reseller of all the branded tinted films, and they are selling counterfeit films with a lot of marketing across all the online channel such as FB, easy deal, mudah, and etc. There are a lot of consumer being cheated as the shop will always tell consumer that they got the films from all the branded company privately with a very low cost. The staff then explain to me that the films we got are usually low quality films from Korea or China, in which the heat rejection is getting worse within a year. However, we as a driver with air-cond turning on in our car, we won't realize unless we use solar meter for test further.

Guys, be aware of that shop and share in this thread so that more of us can take note.

Receipt and warranty card refers to https://imgur.com/a/5p3zFSs

This post has been edited by rikuseo: Aug 15 2018, 01:18 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
WaCKy-Angel
post Aug 15 2018, 12:54 PM

PeACe~~
All Stars
18,920 posts

who ask u go non-branded shop tint branded tint?
because cheaper? so now ur own fault
TSrikuseo
post Aug 15 2018, 01:00 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ Aug 15 2018, 12:54 PM)
who ask u go non-branded shop tint branded tint?
because cheaper? so now ur own fault
Not really have the idea of the exact price offering by branded shop, the first film was recommended by car sales person.

Lion Cut
post Aug 15 2018, 01:02 PM

Getting Started
192 posts

im getting wiser now...not gonnat pay thousands for a tint.
rm100-200 is enough to get a thick dark tint for whole car ...if degraded or stop by jpj, can install new one without much cost and regret
TSrikuseo
post Aug 15 2018, 01:07 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(Lion Cut @ Aug 15 2018, 01:02 PM)
rm100-200 is enough to get a thick dark tint for whole car ...if degraded or stop by jpj, can install new one without much cost and regret
Then change every year? As heard the tint performance for low quality film will gone badly within a year.

dopamine
post Aug 15 2018, 01:08 PM

Casual
369 posts

Will naik bubble or no? or sticky after removing it. I'm thinking to get cheap tint as well. No point to spend few thousand on it.
WaCKy-Angel
post Aug 15 2018, 01:12 PM

PeACe~~
All Stars
18,920 posts

what car?
rear windscreen also? shop wont compensate if the heater damaged
Lion Cut
post Aug 15 2018, 02:31 PM

Getting Started
192 posts

QUOTE(rikuseo @ Aug 15 2018, 01:07 PM)
Then change every year? As heard the tint performance for low quality film will gone badly within a year.
it will take years for the black tint to washed out...so far mine is ok dont have any color degrade
even budget tint have few type...just dont go pick the cheapest low quality one la, touch,feel and choose a thick one.

QUOTE(dopamine @ Aug 15 2018, 01:08 PM)
Will naik bubble or no? or sticky after removing it. I'm thinking to get cheap tint as well. No point to spend few thousand on it.
yaaa really no point spent a lot on tint...the difference is negligible but price diff is rclxub.gif
so far mine no bubble...even if sticky after remove, tint shop can fix it when u installing a new one
last time installed raytech, not cool also, and very fast degrade turn clear

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ Aug 15 2018, 01:12 PM)
what car?
rear windscreen also? shop wont compensate if the heater damaged
CRV tint around 300~400
Lancer tint around 250----it's a 2nd layer tint just to make darker, as already have existing tint
Viva tint 180
yes including rear tint and shop did warn about the rear heater but i never ever use it in my life....so doesnt matter laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Lion Cut: Aug 15 2018, 02:34 PM
TSrikuseo
post Aug 15 2018, 02:32 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(Lion Cut @ Aug 15 2018, 02:31 PM)
it will take years for the black tint to washed out...so far mine is ok dont have any color degrade
even budget tint have few type...just dont go pick the cheapest low quality one la, touch,feel and choose a thick one.
yaaa really no point spent a lot on tint...the difference is negligible but price diff is  rclxub.gif
so far mine no bubble...even if sticky after remove, tint shop can fix it when u installing a new one
last time installed raytech, not cool also, and very fast degrade turn clear
CRV tint around 300~400
Lancer tint around 300----it's a double tint just to make darker, as already have existing tint
Viva tint 180
yes including rear tint and shop did warn about the rear heater but i never used ever use it in my life....so doesnt matter  laugh.gif
My first experience, not gonna happen anymore.

dudester
post Aug 15 2018, 03:07 PM

Casual
320 posts

OneWorldTinting

First off I have no affiliation with the shop, I am just a happy customer with them.
I did my car tint with them a year ago, it was 3M sides VLT20 and some other film front VLT70 and back for rm800+.
Just had it removed with them again recently for puspakom checking and they did a good clean job. ( had worst experienced with others).

I went to them because I can get a decent tint for the whole car for under 1K, and I find the workers are diligent and experienced.
I did suspect all along that the film I was applying are fakes but I did not doubt the quality of the film, so I proceeded coz I wanted cheap and good.
I used the '3M' film for a year, it was effective in rejecting heat. It even has little translucent 3M logo printed on the film to say its '3M'.
Yes I did get a similar 'shop' warranty card which should be kept properly coz they do request for it if you return for help.

I would understand how TS feel cheated being sold fake Raytech, but would you really think you get the same deal for rm819? Raytech
Also, there are many different grades of film for each brand, unless you compare them side by side or you are expert.

There may be ways this guy get their film cheap. You can even order in rolls from taobao.
There are fake vkools or skools, unless you go for the mainstream brand, many of the others are just rechopped OEM.
For all you know you are getting a real Raytech, or something that has better VLT per ringgit spent.
Hope you come to terms with your own decision and enjoy the money you saved.

BTW I think you would get more upset when you drive and see distorted vision cause by your cheap front tint blink.gif Go check and see?
Then you will remember never to go cheap again and stick some 3M/Lumar/Vkool!

noriabe
post Aug 15 2018, 04:11 PM

18 posts

you can buy good tinting film from taiwan (not China brand). the ceramic tint film 1 layer (clear 70% VLT) and cover again for 2nd layer with tinted darker VLT if you want privacy.

do it yourself. cheaper. last longer and can be remove and retint again.

whole car include windscreen will not cost you more than ~RM400 with lots of left over film to tint your window glass at home too.

This post has been edited by noriabe: Aug 15 2018, 04:12 PM
I'm V-Kool
post Aug 15 2018, 04:48 PM

Getting Started
199 posts

QUOTE(Lion Cut @ Aug 15 2018, 02:02 PM)
You are not wiser, you just feel not worth spending on GOOD TINT
I'm V-Kool
post Aug 15 2018, 04:55 PM

Getting Started
199 posts

QUOTE(dudester @ Aug 15 2018, 04:07 PM)
OneWorldTinting

First off I have no affiliation with the shop, I am just a happy customer with them.
I did my car tint with them a year ago, it was 3M sides VLT20 and some other film front VLT70 and back  for rm800+.
Just had it removed with them again recently for puspakom checking and they did a good clean job. ( had worst experienced with others).

I went to them because I can get a decent tint for the whole car for under 1K, and I find the workers are diligent and experienced.
I did suspect all along that the film I was applying are fakes but I did not doubt the quality of the film, so I proceeded coz I wanted cheap and good.
I used the '3M' film for a year, it was effective in rejecting heat. It even has little translucent 3M logo printed on the film to say its '3M'.
Yes I did get a similar 'shop' warranty card which should be kept properly coz they do request for it if you return for help.

I would understand how TS feel cheated being sold fake Raytech, but would you really think you get the same deal for rm819? Raytech
Also, there are many different grades of film for each brand, unless you compare them side by side or you are expert.

There may be ways this guy get their film cheap. You can even order in rolls from taobao.
There are fake vkools or skools, unless you go for the mainstream brand, many of the others are just rechopped OEM.
For all you know you are getting a real Raytech, or something that has better VLT per ringgit spent.

BTW I think you would get more upset when you drive and see distorted vision cause by your cheap front tint  blink.gif  Go check and see?
There are few possibility here

1. The tint are FAKE, warranty card are FAKE as well - Worst Case Scenario
2. The tint are GENUINE, warranty card are FAKE - Not so bad because you are getting cheaper compare those sell at authorized dealer

However, if the shop closed down and you definitely can't claim the warranty from authorized dealer even you have the warranty card because it is FAKE
The only thing TS can do now is go to https://www.kpdnkk.gov.my/kpdnkk/tribunal-f...claims/?lang=en

This post has been edited by I'm V-Kool: Aug 15 2018, 04:56 PM
theanswer
post Aug 15 2018, 05:09 PM

Enthusiast
989 posts

QUOTE(I'm V-Kool @ Aug 15 2018, 04:48 PM)
ya this. 100-200 tint different is way inferior than the ori expensive one.
theanswer
post Aug 15 2018, 05:11 PM

Enthusiast
989 posts

QUOTE(dopamine @ Aug 15 2018, 01:08 PM)
if u didnt have any high expectation..why not.
COOLPINK
post Aug 15 2018, 05:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,264 posts

i dun go for branded ones.
just find a shop that is well established for >8 years and put rm500 tint that give 7 years warranty good enough.
mine 5 years already still going stronk and the shop is still around if i want to claim warranty.
too cheap <rm200 might as well no need tint because the amount of heat getting through is still a lot.

Lion Cut
post Aug 15 2018, 09:34 PM

Getting Started
192 posts

QUOTE(dudester @ Aug 15 2018, 03:07 PM)
OneWorldTinting

I did my car tint with them a year ago, it was 3M sides VLT20 and some other film front VLT70 and back  for rm800+.

BTW I think you would get more upset when you drive and see distorted vision cause by your cheap front tint  blink.gif  Go check and see?
thats worst.
cheating customer by selling fake products.

Lion Cut
post Aug 15 2018, 09:39 PM

Getting Started
192 posts

QUOTE(I'm V-Kool @ Aug 15 2018, 04:48 PM)
and how much the good tint worth?
my inexpensive RM160~400 tints on 3 car, works like charm..mid noon aircond at 25c only already cool enough....so i really dont know what else the ~1-2k tint got extra to offer to worth it 10x price

QUOTE(theanswer @ Aug 15 2018, 05:09 PM)
ya this. 100-200 tint different is way inferior than the ori expensive one.
there are plenty good budget tint like other forummer mention below.
dont have to go ultra cheap...but dont have to cost as much as the expensive one also for a good one

QUOTE(noriabe @ Aug 15 2018, 04:11 PM)
you can buy good tinting film from taiwan (not China brand). the ceramic tint film 1 layer (clear 70% VLT) and cover again for 2nd layer with tinted darker VLT if you want privacy.

do it yourself. cheaper. last longer and can be remove and retint again.

whole car include windscreen will not cost you more than ~RM400 with lots of left over film to tint your window glass at home too.
QUOTE(COOLPINK @ Aug 15 2018, 05:15 PM)
i dun go for branded ones.
just find a shop that is well established for >8 years and put rm500 tint that give 7 years warranty good enough.
mine 5 years already still going stronk and the shop is still around if i want to claim warranty.
too cheap <rm200 might as well no need tint because the amount of heat getting through is still a lot.
Lord Gitsy
post Aug 15 2018, 09:53 PM

6 posts

Hi TS, sorry to hear about the case happened on you. It seem like this issue still keep happening although Raytech has officially made a police report on this company about their scam business in June. The opponent One World Tinting was ignored our charges and still continue their business way by selling fake Raytech products. We hope this news should spread to more people around to alert more customers in the future.

If you need any assistant from Raytech, you can PM us anytime. We're glad to assist you.

QUOTE(Lord Gitsy @ Jun 23 2018, 04:38 PM)
All Lowyat member, pls be aware of this fishy One World Tinting Sdn Bhd. This shop is not authorized dealer or having any business relationship with Raytech Films. They have violent the brand and name of Raytech Films. Selling fake products with low price to their customer.

P/S : We also can find this One World Tinting company name in VKool, Solar Gard, Llumar and 3M dealer list.

user posted image
user posted image

user posted image
This post has been edited by Lord Gitsy: Aug 15 2018, 09:54 PM
Lord Gitsy
post Aug 15 2018, 10:00 PM

6 posts

BTW below video is some tips to chose the Genuine Window Film:

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0286sec    0.88    6 queries    GZIP Disabled