Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Anyone got scam by tint shop before?

views

dudester
post Aug 15 2018, 03:07 PM

Enthusiast
812 posts

OneWorldTinting

First off I have no affiliation with the shop, I am just a happy customer with them.
I did my car tint with them a year ago, it was 3M sides VLT20 and some other film front VLT70 and back for rm800+.
Just had it removed with them again recently for puspakom checking and they did a good clean job. ( had worst experienced with others).

I went to them because I can get a decent tint for the whole car for under 1K, and I find the workers are diligent and experienced.
I did suspect all along that the film I was applying are fakes but I did not doubt the quality of the film, so I proceeded coz I wanted cheap and good.
I used the '3M' film for a year, it was effective in rejecting heat. It even has little translucent 3M logo printed on the film to say its '3M'.
Yes I did get a similar 'shop' warranty card which should be kept properly coz they do request for it if you return for help.

I would understand how TS feel cheated being sold fake Raytech, but would you really think you get the same deal for rm819? Raytech
Also, there are many different grades of film for each brand, unless you compare them side by side or you are expert.

There may be ways this guy get their film cheap. You can even order in rolls from taobao.
There are fake vkools or skools, unless you go for the mainstream brand, many of the others are just rechopped OEM.
For all you know you are getting a real Raytech, or something that has better VLT per ringgit spent.
Hope you come to terms with your own decision and enjoy the money you saved.

BTW I think you would get more upset when you drive and see distorted vision cause by your cheap front tint blink.gif Go check and see?
Then you will remember never to go cheap again and stick some 3M/Lumar/Vkool!

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0130sec    0.38    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:23 PM