Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

74 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Prepaid Cards BigPay - Prepaid MasterCard (with Mobile Apps) V2, CashBack, BigPoint & Remittance

views

cybpsych
post Jul 22 2018, 06:15 PM

---------------------
All Stars
62,905 posts

QUOTE(iXora.ix @ Mar 13 2018, 10:26 AM)
Just reload my BigPay card (formally know as airasia big card) and the mcc code is 6012 (toup using alliance younique card)
QUOTE(iXora.ix @ Mar 16 2018, 08:45 AM)
yep. they now allow to reload via debit/credit only. No amex for noe sweat.gif
Not sure but after I google, it shows domestic Financial Services provider. I already added on mcc topic regarding this. Also I tried using alliance youniquie card, can earn cb. Maybe those who have standard charterd card can try cool2.gif
QUOTE(Calvin J @ Jul 22 2018, 05:24 PM)
Has anyone tried using Alliance Bank Younique cash back card and gotten cc cash rebate? Not the most popular card but wanted to just double check.

Thanks in advance.
cybpsych
post Jul 22 2018, 06:53 PM

---------------------
All Stars
62,905 posts

QUOTE(fairylord @ Jul 22 2018, 06:46 PM)
Mind to share more details on CB details of this card?
And is the MCC code fixed for BP (as merchant)? Where can we can more details about this MCC.

Thinking to add these details to post #01.

https://www.alliancebank.com.my/younique

iXora.ix post was the one started it all, triggerred us about bigpay back in March 2018 laugh.gif then bigpay spread like wildfire until today. thumbup.gif

QUOTE(iXora.ix @ Mar 15 2018, 10:14 AM)
Anyone here using bigpay me prepaid card?
I already using it since last week and quite satisfied with the card functionality. Since it can be topup using debit or credit card, those using credit card can collect point/ cash rebate beside earn big point from bigpay card as well.
The MCC code is 6012.

What I like is can view the transaction real time in phone and also airasia booking fees is waived ( since the parent company is airasia)
The downsite is you need to topup initial rm 50m then you can get the card. you can however use the card until the balance is zero, so no minimum balance require.
ATM withdraw for local is RM 6 and oversea RM 10.
Also the card number is emboss exactly like credit card ( the number you can feel) but no name emboss on the card.

No annual fees for now so its good to have especially you book airasia ticket.
This post has been edited by cybpsych: Jul 22 2018, 06:54 PM
cybpsych
post Jul 22 2018, 07:04 PM

---------------------
All Stars
62,905 posts

**removed, dont think worth the risk** laugh.gif

This post has been edited by cybpsych: Jul 22 2018, 07:09 PM
cybpsych
post Jul 22 2018, 08:29 PM

---------------------
All Stars
62,905 posts

QUOTE(fairylord @ Jul 22 2018, 08:22 PM)
Will add this to CB card list on post #01.
pls credit back iXora.ix thumbup.gif
cybpsych
post Jul 23 2018, 10:50 AM

---------------------
All Stars
62,905 posts

QUOTE(allen6279 @ Jul 23 2018, 10:42 AM)
can i use bigpay to make online payment like in M2U website?
you can add 3rd party card in m2u but subject to approval and limited payees too.

better pay direct to merchant's portal, if available.
cybpsych
post Jul 23 2018, 10:59 AM

---------------------
All Stars
62,905 posts

QUOTE(allen6279 @ Jul 23 2018, 10:56 AM)
thank you
QUOTE(laymank @ Jul 23 2018, 10:57 AM)
I have requested to add from M2U before, but it was rejected after 3 days.
cybpsych
post Jul 25 2018, 09:05 AM

---------------------
All Stars
62,905 posts

QUOTE(1678 @ Jul 25 2018, 09:03 AM)
Bigpay can deposit to Alpari?
define 'deposit"?
cybpsych
post Jul 25 2018, 04:18 PM

---------------------
All Stars
62,905 posts

QUOTE(tan_aniki @ Jul 25 2018, 04:11 PM)
that's why they should limit the withdrawal limit, not the reloading limit.
disagree from the business POV. reloading limit is to putting a certain threshold from incurring operating cost (cc fee, withdrawal fee, etc)

their limit is rm10k/month/card, not rm10k for entire userbase.

i'm actually relieved they set rm10k/month rather than lower threshold. at least it's matching their max wallet size (approved by BNM).

on certain % abusers would feel the "sting" of this revision, majority most likely fee negligible impact.

bigpay is not a charity org, although they are being heavily funded by parent company. sooner or later, they will need to recover the cost and monetize the bigpay ewallet platform.
cybpsych
post Jul 25 2018, 04:42 PM

---------------------
All Stars
62,905 posts

QUOTE(tan_aniki @ Jul 25 2018, 04:31 PM)
If i'm Bigpay boss i would disagree with you as I need more people to spend with my cards rather than limiting people from using it.
By limiting on withdrawal limit would have fulfill what they previously emphasize on abusing the reload and withdraw activities.
If there is no limit on reloading and limit on withdrawal, the only way to use up your credit is to spend it.
Keep reloading and spending with withdrawal limit will make their business grow.
If they want to limit the spending limit, they would have stop this business directly.
BigPayJonathan ask your boss whether he agree what i said or not.
growing business is given.

growing business with tons of liability, additional (uncontrollable) cost, and potential whipping by BNM is what they're looking into (or managing).

by setting a set business rules, e.g. rm10k/month/card, it allows bigpay to manage the situation.

very obvious ppl are abusing bigpay from cc reload, they already know about it. this is just one of the many revisions incoming. not just bigpay, other apps/ewallet would do that eventually.

no matter how we argue about it about bigpay's policies, either adapt or jump ship. simple as that.

QUOTE(alexanderclz @ Jul 25 2018, 04:34 PM)
actually only an issue to some of us who topup with credit card to maximize cc cashback. the limit of 10k only applies to cc topup. u can still topup more with other channels.
exactly.

arguing about bigpay's business is moot actually yawn.gif
cybpsych
post Jul 25 2018, 05:57 PM

---------------------
All Stars
62,905 posts

QUOTE(TongCN @ Jul 25 2018, 05:48 PM)
How to get more if we only have 1x NRIC  ?

Dun tell me ... parents?
spouse, siblings, parents, friends

technically can, but practically not feasible la
cybpsych
post Jul 25 2018, 06:05 PM

---------------------
All Stars
62,905 posts

QUOTE(BigPayJonathan @ Jul 25 2018, 12:19 PM)
Makes sense! I'll bring this up in our marketing & product meeting.

We're releasing a new version of the app today. We've added a feature that allows you to split bills and request money from your friends. Example: person A goes for lunch with person B and person C. Person A pays for the entire bill, goes to BigPay and sends a split bill request to person B and person C (provided they have BigPay too). Person B and person C will receive a notification and be able to either send the money directly or deny the request. Receipt can also be added to the request for everyone to see smile.gif

Now... We’re introducing a fair usage policy when it comes to credit card top up. From now on, there will be a monthly limit of RM10,000 on credit card top ups only. Top ups via debit cards and online banking remain unlimited. Why are we doing that? Because we’re committed to saving you money and making financial services fair for everyone - but certain services are costly due to third party fees.

We encourage you to continue topping up via debit cards and online banking, which will remain unlimited as said earlier. We have a lot of really cool things coming, including some features you've been asking for here on Lowyat. I'll be replying to some questions later today, but you can already start shooting...
might as well ask the obvious question: RM10k/month/card limit is HARD policy (programmatically-set, hard-block in the app) or SOFT policy (written but not hard-block)?

have you submitted this proposal to BNM before implementing it? from the way this was announced (officially here), i guess BNM have approved the policy and its implementation?
cybpsych
post Jul 25 2018, 07:49 PM

---------------------
All Stars
62,905 posts

we should be grateful bigpay's wallet size (large purse) is at RM10k.

most ewallets are at RM1.5k, while few small purse at RM200.
cybpsych
post Jul 26 2018, 07:51 AM

---------------------
All Stars
62,905 posts

QUOTE(chlee87 @ Jul 26 2018, 03:10 AM)
limit 10k per month is not the real problem,the real problem is when major bank stop giving cash back by reloading big pay.

i wonder any one here got received the call from big pay ask for statement and the card not kena suspend by big pay. hmm.gif
why bank stop giving cb for bigpay? because the nature of bigpay itself, likely because bigpay's ability to withdraw/convertible to cash.

banks/cb identification* looks for actual retail purchases/payments (to end-merchants), not to a different card which can convert to cash.

not all banks/cards are strict, but there are some cards in post #1 have no issue.

now, *identification itself can be few parameters: mode of payment and MCC (registered nature of business). some cards are lenient, e.g PBB, as long as detected as Online mode, it passes. some detected bigpay's MCC 6012 as Financial Insitution and disqualify it.

the one getting calls for statement, it's their policy to monitor bigpay's users and flagged internally; it doesnt mean full block enforcement needed. there is no complete set of rules/policies set by BNM to do just that. it's up to each provider to setup their own detection rules and policies adquately to satisfy BNM before rolling out ewallet to the public.

if many bigpay users complaining to BNM about its policies and enforcements, BNM would then spring into action against bigpay to justify their policies and provide recommendations to do it "better" <-- tighter? more rules? etc etc ... you see, BNM let the providers make their own additional rules for as long as it doesnt compromise BNM's basic guideline.

if you are a genuine bigpay user, normal reload and spending is within general parameters. but if you reload excessively and withdraw excessively without much activities with bigpay, you're giving bigpay a big red alert biggrin.gif

pace your reloads, pace your withdrawal. dont be greedy la.

internally, bigpay also to manage its operational costs and fees to other related partners/banks for the bigpay facility they are using (e.g. cc reload, fpx reload, all these have underlying fees to manage and pay!). we end-users are paying zero fees (to-date) to bigpay!

well, any ewallet with withdrawal capability is a double-edged innovation vs rules & regulations.
cybpsych
post Jul 26 2018, 10:05 AM

---------------------
All Stars
62,905 posts

QUOTE(pvateme @ Jul 26 2018, 09:57 AM)
does any of you have problem in viewing the whole balance figures in your app with the new app? my balance figures were half blocking by my name on the top banner...
no issue for xiaomi android biggrin.gif
cybpsych
post Jul 26 2018, 10:54 AM

---------------------
All Stars
62,905 posts

QUOTE(BigPayJonathan @ Jul 26 2018, 10:48 AM)
IRL meetup, potentially at our offices. I'm thinking presenting our product roadmap, sharing upcoming marketing initiatives, feedback + Q&A session. Freebies, definitely. Tony, I'll invite him. We might get someone to video shoot the entire thing and ask you guys question, but yeah... This would really valuable for us too.

Let me know if there's an interest, and I'll make it happen.
good initiative. use us as your focus group thumbup.gif

but split the session to diff types of bigpay users: light, moderate, heavy users

run a 2 hours workshop, bounce some ideas, share our pain-points, etc then you'll know from actual users whose using bigpay like a sacred unicorn card laugh.gif
cybpsych
post Jul 26 2018, 11:04 AM

---------------------
All Stars
62,905 posts

QUOTE(vin_ann @ Jul 26 2018, 10:48 AM)
PM will get respond ? I can see many users here, if every single PM responded...

As I'm very new here...

Anyway, thanks will try PM n wait
try get someone else to register bigpay (or up until referral code validation page), use your referral code (same as the one you shared earlier that u think got error)

then in your bigpay app, check the "Your Referrals - Used my code" count. it should +1 after ur friend added your code.
cybpsych
post Jul 26 2018, 12:35 PM

---------------------
All Stars
62,905 posts

QUOTE(digidigi @ Jul 26 2018, 11:57 AM)
In short, they will loss some big spending customer.
think the other way: bigpay is limiting their risk exposure from high-usage users biggrin.gif

cant compare cc vs bigpay/prepaid la. it serves different needs and behavior.

only we treat bigpay like god-like "credit" card, whereas in fact, it should be compared against debit card instead.

source of fund shouldnt be a deterrant factor, heck rm10k/month/card cc reload is a very high amount for majority of users.
cybpsych
post Jul 26 2018, 01:32 PM

---------------------
All Stars
62,905 posts

QUOTE(Jason @ Jul 26 2018, 01:10 PM)
Personally I don't see why is there a need to limit top-up from credit cards, if after verification (which Big Pay did by the way, kudos), that the customer can prove that they are not doing dodgy or illegal things.

Of course at the same time I see a lot of people asking questions here that clearly shows that are up to no good.

Why do you need to care what is the max you can withdraw? Or what's the cap? You just use it like a genuine user, and able to show documentation/proof to Big Pay when they call you asking for verification. You don't need to be afraid of anything. I didn't get banned, Big Pay is professional and they are regulated by BNM, so clearly these group of users are up to no good, but you shouldn't punish the rest of the genuine users by introducing limits like this.
it's called fup for a reason. bound to hit the other spectrum of users.

they are not punishing users, the change is more to business needs rather than user experience, but that is manageable at 10k threshold. be grateful this didn't set lower than 10k.
cybpsych
post Jul 26 2018, 02:09 PM

---------------------
All Stars
62,905 posts

QUOTE(Jason @ Jul 26 2018, 01:48 PM)
That’s why I didn’t bother to respond. Not my job to educate people, and they are free to voice their opinion even if it’s rather, how do I put this politely, financially ignorant.
My first encounter with FUP is with mobile telcos.

There’s no right or wrong, what’s fair to you isn’t fair to me. And vice versa so let's not get into a debate about it. This guy outlines the issues with FUP:
https://markgalangmusic.com/2014/01/30/fair...licy-is-unfair/

I feel FUP is just a load of crap companies hide behind to justify their actions. But again. I emphasize, that’s my opinion, don’t hammer me for it. You are free to disagree and I’m cool with it.

I don’t have to be “grateful” to Big Pay. They are a business and I am a user. When I use the card they collect fees from the merchant. It is their call to introduce whatever limit they deem fit, and I’m merely pleading with them not to do this as it was an excellent product to begin with, and now they are just setting a course to be another (in my opinion) “meh” product.

I understand the logic they have a RM10k withdrawal cap. You shouldn’t really need to withdraw so much cash, since you can buy the LV bag by using the card and PIN. And I don’t want to carry RM10k or equivalent in foreign currency. But limiting top up when using credit card hurts genuine users.
not hammering you laugh.gif

same argument can be said to cc reducing cb benefits too.

if banks giving me RM10k credit limit, and allows me to spend up to RM10k, i as a user expecting cashback for RM10k too! (wishful la) laugh.gif . of course, if i am not prudent, bank making tons from finance charges off my RM10k spending too, but banks doesnt see it worth to give me cashback based on my CL. they rather limit the cb per card, hence managing their budget allocated for the card with cb.

e.g PBB VS now giving up to RM38 cashback which translates to RM633 spending; above it has no benefits to me. however, there are ppl spending >RM633 too or lesser than that.

primarily it's all about business needs, user experience is secondary.

anyhow, things could change anytime, for the better/loosen policies or worse/tighter policies.

cybpsych
post Jul 26 2018, 03:24 PM

---------------------
All Stars
62,905 posts

QUOTE(digidigi @ Jul 26 2018, 03:18 PM)
In short, instead of limiting top up, they should limit withdrawal, but of course, the reason behind is they can’t tahan paying cc company merchant fees, so we need another company to compete with BigPay right now.
limiting withdrawal will attract BNM! laugh.gif

later sure someone will come and argue the same thing again! biggrin.gif

74 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0929sec    0.17    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:56 AM