Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Apple TV 4K User Group, iPhone 7 Plus processor

views

Andrewtst
post Jun 22 2019, 01:17 PM

Apple TV 4K simply awesome
Group: All Stars

QUOTE(gogo2 @ Jun 22 2019, 12:11 PM)
Wow, I just realise I can airplay 2 from Apple TV to my HiFi stereo using Airport express gen2 . Awesome.
Good to know that! Great!
TSgogo2
post Jun 22 2019, 03:05 PM

gogo2

QUOTE(Andrewtst @ Jun 22 2019, 01:17 PM)
Good to know that! Great!
It's good if you decided to use stereo HiFi with Projector. You can just connect project to Hdmi from Apple TV and do airplay to your stereo. No more long hdmi needed.
cipikicipika
post Jun 24 2019, 01:53 AM

Group: Junior Member

I have been using LG 55" UK63 Series UHD HDR Smart TV to watch mostly Netflix. is it worth to buy apple tv 4K if only have Malaysia iTunes account?how can I play local live tv or abroad live tv such HBO etc? are they need to subscribe and pay? is the 32G version just enough? if you buy the movie from apple tv, where the file store?can save it in NAS?
thanks all! smile.gif

This post has been edited by cipikicipika: Jun 24 2019, 01:56 AM
Zhe Xia
post Jun 29 2019, 03:40 PM

Group: Newbie

Is there any APP I can download/install from Apple TV App Store to watch Chinese drama from China/Taiwan/Hong Kong ?
So far I found Gt TV Taiwan APP but it required account registration with Taiwan SIM card number only, So this App for Taiwan country only, people in other country cannot register account.
Because unless I go to Taiwan to buy a SIM card for my smartphone than only I will have a Taiwan phone number to register an account in Gt TV website.

Other APP I found on Apple TV that play Chinese TV are from Christian Organisation that is not what I want to watch.

Or is there a way to install APPs from iPhone App Store into Apple TV?
Because there are a lots of APPs from iPhone App Store can play Chinese drama from China/Taiwan/Hong Kong.

This post has been edited by Zhe Xia: Jun 29 2019, 03:49 PM
TSgogo2
post Jun 29 2019, 04:25 PM

gogo2

QUOTE(cipikicipika @ Jun 24 2019, 01:53 AM)
I have been using LG 55" UK63 Series UHD HDR Smart TV to watch mostly Netflix. is it worth to buy apple tv 4K if only have Malaysia iTunes account?how can I play local live tv or abroad live tv such HBO etc? are they need to subscribe and pay? is the 32G version just enough? if you buy the movie from apple tv, where the file store?can save it in NAS?
thanks all! smile.gif
32Gb is enough. If only have itunes Malaysia is worth since you can buy 4K movie with Dolby Vision. I hope your tv support Dolby vision.

I think HBO only can subscribe through Astro.

QUOTE(Zhe Xia @ Jun 29 2019, 03:40 PM)
Is there any APP I can download/install from Apple TV App Store to watch Chinese drama from China/Taiwan/Hong Kong ?
So far I found Gt TV Taiwan APP but it required account registration with Taiwan SIM card number only, So this App for Taiwan country only, people in other country cannot register account.
Because unless I go to Taiwan to buy a SIM card for my smartphone than only I will have a Taiwan phone number to register an account in Gt TV website.

Other APP I found on Apple TV that play Chinese TV are from Christian Organisation that is not what I want to watch.

Because there are a lots of APPs from iPhone App Store can play Chinese drama from China/Taiwan/Hong Kong.
I think it's a no. Haha. Not sure if iQiyi can.
Andrewtst
post Jun 30 2019, 07:33 AM

QUOTE(cipikicipika @ Jun 24 2019, 01:53 AM)
thanks all! smile.gif
Everything buy from iTunes did not store locally, you are streaming back and need internet everytime you watch it.

32GB is enough unless you plan to install plenty of games.

Cannot and not possible.
Andrewtst
post Jun 30 2019, 07:34 AM

QUOTE(gogo2 @ Jun 29 2019, 04:25 PM)
32Gb is enough. If only have itunes Malaysia is worth since you can buy 4K movie with Dolby Vision. I hope your tv support Dolby vision.

I think HBO only can subscribe through Astro.
I think it's a no. Haha. Not sure if iQiyi can.
iQiyi not support playback locally, it is region based.
TSgogo2
post Jun 30 2019, 08:05 AM

gogo2

QUOTE(Andrewtst @ Jun 30 2019, 07:34 AM)
iQiyi not support playback locally, it is region based.
https://www.soyacincau.com/2019/06/17/astro...ights-malaysia/

Can subscribe from Astro rclxms.gif
Andrewtst
post Jun 30 2019, 11:42 AM

QUOTE(gogo2 @ Jun 30 2019, 08:05 AM)
But those subscribe to Astro one not sure need view from Astro or not. If yes then no point also as Astro GO not in Apple TV.
Vannus
post Jul 6 2019, 02:33 PM

Geeks
Group: Senior Member

New APTV4k 32gb user here. Love the Netflix with Dolby vision and Dolby Atmos playing both together on my LG oled B6. However found out that infuse can play my 4K remux atmos hdr movies over local NAS, but where is the atmos? Looks like this is the biggest drawback to become the best tv box.

On the other hand I had 2017 nvidia shield too, local USB and Local NAS playback was perfect supporting all 4K hdr Dolby Atmos. But this box Netflix streaming sucks. No Dolby vision no Dolby Atmos.

On the other hand, the above 2 don't have any 4K disc player, to make a complete home theater sources, Xbox 1 S/X is required.

Conclusion, there is no 1 complete box that consolidates all 3 above to become the ultimate 4K HDR Dolby Vision Dolby Atmos movie source yet. Sad that we need to have 3 devices at this point of time.

This post has been edited by Vannus: Jul 6 2019, 02:34 PM
TSgogo2
post Jul 6 2019, 06:02 PM

gogo2

QUOTE(Andrewtst @ Jun 30 2019, 11:42 AM)
But those subscribe to Astro one not sure need view from Astro or not. If yes then no point also as Astro GO not in Apple TV.
True also.

QUOTE(Vannus @ Jul 6 2019, 02:33 PM)
New APTV4k 32gb user here. Love the Netflix with Dolby vision and Dolby Atmos playing both together on my LG oled B6. However found out that infuse can play my 4K remux atmos hdr movies over local NAS, but where is the atmos? Looks like this is the biggest drawback to become the best tv box.

On the other hand I had 2017 nvidia shield too, local USB  and Local NAS playback was perfect supporting all 4K hdr Dolby Atmos. But this box Netflix streaming sucks. No Dolby vision no Dolby Atmos.

On the other hand, the above 2 don't have any 4K disc player, to make a complete home theater sources, Xbox 1 S/X is required.

Conclusion, there is no 1 complete box that consolidates all 3 above to become the ultimate 4K HDR Dolby Vision Dolby Atmos movie source yet. Sad that we need to have 3 devices at this point of time.
But the convenience of streaming outweigh the 4K disc. All my Blu-ray disc is wasted. Unless you are videophile or have band internet connection
Vannus
post Jul 6 2019, 06:17 PM

Geeks

QUOTE(gogo2 @ Jul 6 2019, 06:02 PM)
True also.
But the convenience of streaming outweigh the 4K disc. All my Blu-ray disc is wasted. Unless you are videophile or have band internet connection
Agree blueray disc can give that edges for videophile and audiophile. But its going to be a waste aftee a few years and you need a storage space to keep them. Guess that I will not opt into phisical disc and good with APTV4k and Nvidia Shield.

Andrewtst
post Jul 6 2019, 07:28 PM

QUOTE(Vannus @ Jul 6 2019, 02:33 PM)

On the other hand I had 2017 nvidia shield too, local USB  and Local NAS playback was perfect supporting all 4K hdr Dolby Atmos. But this box Netflix streaming sucks. No Dolby vision no Dolby Atmos.

Yalo.

They is no perfect box.

But lucky the Infuse still support up to 7.1 output as LPCM just can't have the Atmos, they do is different there as I got few Dolby Atmos 4K UHD Blu-ray and I have the Remux version as well, it is not like heaven and hell different but they is different there.

Hoping support on local playback of TrueHD Atmos is not possible unless Apple support it. For local playback of Dolby Digital Plus Atmos do support in MrMC apps. Currently Infuse not support yet.
Andrewtst
post Jul 11 2019, 02:10 AM

Finally Plex is able to display all type of subtitle without transcode the movie and play in original format.

This post has been edited by Andrewtst: Jul 11 2019, 02:10 AM
Vannus
post Jul 11 2019, 02:44 PM

Geeks

QUOTE(Andrewtst @ Jul 11 2019, 02:10 AM)
Finally Plex is able to display all type of subtitle without transcode the movie and play in original format.
Can Plex on APTV4k plays network local Remux file with Dolby Atmos passthru?

Checked that infuse app only plays TrueHD 7.1 when feed with local movie file with atmos.

Regards,

Vannus
Andrewtst
post Jul 11 2019, 03:12 PM

QUOTE(Vannus @ Jul 11 2019, 02:44 PM)
Can Plex on APTV4k plays network local Remux file with Dolby Atmos passthru?

Checked that infuse app only plays TrueHD 7.1 when feed with local movie file with atmos.

Regards,

Vannus
No player is able to passthru Dolby Atmos in TrueHD due to Apple didn't put the support and Dolby Atmos the metadata cannot when thru as LPCM.

Apple TV 4K only support Dolby Atmos in Dolby Digital Plus for the moment and only change if Apple change it.

You only can listen up to Dolby TrueHD via LPCM.

This post has been edited by Andrewtst: Jul 11 2019, 03:13 PM
surre4l
post Jul 16 2019, 11:24 PM

Group: Junior Member

You can switch your to US appstore, and download tvb encore app. It has all the latest and old Hong Kong drama.
TSgogo2
post Jul 17 2019, 07:01 AM

gogo2

QUOTE(surre4l @ Jul 16 2019, 11:24 PM)
You can switch your to US appstore, and download tvb encore app. It has all the latest and old Hong Kong drama.
Can play in Malaysia? Or need VPN?

6 Pages « < 4 5 6Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0762sec    1.40    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th July 2019 - 03:31 AM