Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

(2017) Apple TV 4K Discussion Thread, Faster gpu than new 2021 Apple TV

views

Vannus
post Jul 6 2019, 02:33 PM

Geeks
909 posts

New APTV4k 32gb user here. Love the Netflix with Dolby vision and Dolby Atmos playing both together on my LG oled B6. However found out that infuse can play my 4K remux atmos hdr movies over local NAS, but where is the atmos? Looks like this is the biggest drawback to become the best tv box.

On the other hand I had 2017 nvidia shield too, local USB and Local NAS playback was perfect supporting all 4K hdr Dolby Atmos. But this box Netflix streaming sucks. No Dolby vision no Dolby Atmos.

On the other hand, the above 2 don't have any 4K disc player, to make a complete home theater sources, Xbox 1 S/X is required.

Conclusion, there is no 1 complete box that consolidates all 3 above to become the ultimate 4K HDR Dolby Vision Dolby Atmos movie source yet. Sad that we need to have 3 devices at this point of time.

This post has been edited by Vannus: Jul 6 2019, 02:34 PM
Vannus
post Jul 6 2019, 06:17 PM

Geeks
909 posts

QUOTE(gogo2 @ Jul 6 2019, 06:02 PM)
True also.
But the convenience of streaming outweigh the 4K disc. All my Blu-ray disc is wasted. Unless you are videophile or have band internet connection
Agree blueray disc can give that edges for videophile and audiophile. But its going to be a waste aftee a few years and you need a storage space to keep them. Guess that I will not opt into phisical disc and good with APTV4k and Nvidia Shield.

Vannus
post Jul 11 2019, 02:44 PM

Geeks
909 posts

QUOTE(Andrewtst @ Jul 11 2019, 02:10 AM)
Finally Plex is able to display all type of subtitle without transcode the movie and play in original format.
Can Plex on APTV4k plays network local Remux file with Dolby Atmos passthru?

Checked that infuse app only plays TrueHD 7.1 when feed with local movie file with atmos.

Regards,

Vannus

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0182sec    0.31    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:19 PM