Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LYN PERODUA All-New MYVI Gen 3 - V2 [MG3], Passion Engineered - Dual VVT-i

views

Jedi
post Jan 16 2019, 07:06 AM

Pax Et Bonum
2,239 posts

QUOTE(Wokie @ Jan 16 2019, 12:19 AM)
Thanks again for the detailed response 🙏 good to learn new things from an Expert like you 🙌🙌🙌👍

2. I value workmanship too 👍 Heard about this shop as well, coincidently while searching for rim lock nuts 😂
They sell a decent Taiwanese brand and also air filters. Their prices seem reasonable to me but I'm no expert.
Good the hear they're a good shop. Heard they also kit out rally cars. May give them a try.

3. Unless the stock tyres are really bad, probably replace tyres after a year, otherwise what to do with stock tyres? 🤔
Unless can trade them in when buy new tyres... Do TEOH Brothers do trade ins?

4. Will Perodua SC allow me to bring my own oil and parts to change at the service intervals?
If it wasn't for the 5 year warranty I would try to do most of the maintenance myself. Read in another forum post that Myvi maintenance cost is higher than Honda Jazz/City!

Yeah, heard fully synthetic is a lot better for the engine and long lasting than semi, but since the oil is changed at least every 6 month is it really necessary to use fully synthetic, considering its more expensive and the frequent change intervals?

Any recommendations on an affordable fully synthetic oil?

5. Good point, makes sense. 👍

TQ
I have never been to TEOH Brothers myself. But yes they do trade in bec I WhatsApp and survey before.

If klang there's always 3 places u survey
TEOH Brothers
Jooi Seng auto - look for Ah hooi
H20 King of rims and tyres

If Kota kemuning u ask for weng heng and Oscar tyres.
Which are rm 10 to rm 20 cheaper per donut but u need to do balancing alignment outside. (which is why sometimes to save up on the queue and the hassle klang itself la. It's just rm 60 to rm 80 more but incl balancing alignment)
Alignment my min criteria is hawkeye hunter alignment system. Which I am still finding in klang (I not from klang Valley) bec no one replied to my thread here on the fast n furious section

U can use your stock tyres until almost botak if want to save cost. But once botak or little thread left no more trade in value.
Trade in usually rm 300 ish

4. Myvi SC don't allow u to bring ur stuff for them to do. They have fantasy their oil is best. And that semi synthetic perodua oil best for myvi. That's alot of bs there.
Of course use fully synthetic branded.
U want to prolong engine life, rev smoothly kan? Travel short distance penang Island then semi synthetic but klang valley
No no.

Currently I am using a brand called ROWE. German brand use in BMW cars. Fully imported oil. I have tried Total 9000 quartz. Equally as good. They cost me about rm 160 to 180 incl labor per change.

There is better (pricier) of course: millers oil or torco or HKS

But i checked all the oil specs all sama je. Just their pricing is another tier at rm 200 above.
Regular fully synthetic include castrol magnatec, Mobil, liquimoly. Whatever it is all of these better than perodua la.

U can service in perodua no prob since u thinking of resale.
Just don't do the engine oil service

If brake overhaul in future u also don't let them do brake fluid. They use capalang dot3 oil.... Shit man..

Wokie
post Jan 16 2019, 10:08 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(MWAventadorSV @ Jan 16 2019, 01:41 AM)
Basically a performance air filter is to allow more air into the intake. A basic air filter which is made out of paper is pretty much restricted and only allows about half of the volume of air going into the intake. Performance air filter, usually made out of cotton and synthetic woven materials allow maximum amount of air into the intake. So your engine gets more air and requires you to depress your throttle slightly to start accelerating. And yes since it is made of cotton/synthetic material you don't have to change them every time you go for a service. Saves you the money down the road. For horsepower and torque increase, it's really very minimal. Just 1-2 hp increase. Mostly noticeable by how much you need to press down your throttle to either constantly stay at a speed or accelerate.

For throttle controller, it is to increase the response between the time you depress your pedal and the car accelerating. Most cars nowadays are what we call drive by wire throttle which when you depress your pedal the signal sends to the ecu then to the throttle body which opens your throttle, then your car accelerates. Cons is that the signal needs time to interpret before the car could accelerate. This is however much different which direct throttle in which the pedal is directly controlling the throttle by a direct connection to the throttle body itself. So direct throttle has pretty much instant response. So the throttle controller bridges the gap of the throttle response and you can set how responsive/sensitive your pedal will be when you depress
Thanks for detailed explanation. 🙏

Performance air filter, like the idea of saving me money also better for environment as need to change less.
Do you or anyone else know whether K&N worth the price difference over Works? Eg. Cheaper in the long run.
Also if I replace stock air filter with a performance air filter myself, during scheduled servicing should I just inform Perodua SC not to change my air filter? Assume won't affect warranty?

Throttle controller, will this affect the warranty? Guess need garage install?
Not sure if I need it as I'm not a speedy driver. Only time may need better throttle response and acceralation is when joining expressway, probably can downshift from D to 3?
adamdemz92
post Jan 16 2019, 10:12 AM

32 posts

QUOTE(DanialTan1990 @ Jan 16 2019, 01:14 AM)
Saw red seatbelt brand berger from jl racing accesories.
Is it ok to change the belt?
Bro Danialtan1990,

High five bro i plan to change seat belt color too hahaha!

i think's it's okay to change bro but keep the original seat belt with you till you sell your car, i don't think this berger seat belt would pass puspakom.

The material is almost the same as oem but then just slightly lighter and thinner.
bonez_xy
post Jan 16 2019, 10:25 AM

On my way
520 posts

This new gen myvi use full-synth already. Where got semi-synth
Wokie
post Jan 16 2019, 10:51 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(Jedi @ Jan 16 2019, 07:06 AM)
I have never been to TEOH Brothers myself. But yes they do trade in bec I WhatsApp and survey before.

If klang there's always 3 places u survey
TEOH Brothers
Jooi Seng auto - look for Ah hooi
H20 King of rims and tyres

If Kota kemuning u ask for weng heng and Oscar tyres.
Which are rm 10 to rm 20 cheaper per donut but u need to do balancing alignment outside. (which is why sometimes to save up on the queue and the hassle klang itself la. It's just rm 60 to rm 80 more but incl balancing alignment)
Alignment my min criteria is hawkeye hunter alignment system. Which I am still finding in klang (I not from klang Valley) bec no one replied to my thread here on the fast n furious section

U can use your stock tyres until almost botak if want to save cost. But once botak or little thread left no more trade in value.
Trade in usually rm 300 ish

4. Myvi SC don't allow u to bring ur stuff for them to do. They have fantasy their oil is best. And that semi synthetic perodua oil best for myvi. That's alot of bs there.
Of course use fully synthetic branded.
U want to prolong engine life, rev smoothly kan? Travel short distance penang Island then semi synthetic but klang valley
No no.

Currently I am using a brand called ROWE. German brand use in BMW cars. Fully imported oil. I have tried Total 9000 quartz. Equally as good. They cost me about rm 160 to 180 incl labor per change.

There is better (pricier) of course: millers oil or torco or HKS

But i checked all the oil specs all sama je. Just their pricing is another tier at rm 200 above.
Regular fully synthetic include castrol magnatec, Mobil, liquimoly. Whatever it is all of these better than perodua la.

U can service in perodua no prob since u thinking of resale.
Just don't do the engine oil service

If brake overhaul in future u also don't let them do brake fluid. They use capalang dot3 oil.... Shit man..
Seems like Klang the place to go for tyres.
Don't want hassle too, buy tyres from a shop that will fit and balance tyres as well.
Is there much difference in balance alignment systems? Guess more important is going to a decent shop that properly calibrates the alignment system.

4. How about if I change air filter, oil filter and oil myself first then take it for the scheduled servicing at Perodua SC, tell SC not to changes these? Any issues from SC and affect on warranty?

Want good resale and to maintain my car in the best condition possible. Hopefully it's not mutually exclusive. 😕
TQ
MWAventadorSV
post Jan 16 2019, 10:51 AM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(Wokie @ Jan 16 2019, 10:08 AM)
Thanks for detailed explanation. 🙏

Performance air filter, like the idea of saving me money also better for environment as need to change less.
Do you or anyone else know whether K&N worth the price difference over Works? Eg. Cheaper in the long run.
Also if I replace stock air filter with a performance air filter myself, during scheduled servicing should I just inform Perodua SC not to change my air filter? Assume won't affect warranty?

Throttle controller, will this affect the warranty? Guess need garage install?
Not sure if I need it as I'm not a speedy driver. Only time may need better throttle response and acceralation is when joining expressway, probably can downshift from D to 3?
Basically all brands are pretty much standard when it comes to performance air filter but K&N has what they call lifetime warranty and if perodua says it voids warranty, you can tell perodua to call K&N for prove that it doesn't void. Plus performance air filters are their number one specialty unlike HKS which specialize im exhaust, engine parts, etc rather than their own performance air filter. I'm not saying HKS air filters are bad, it's just compared with K&N, i rather pick one which specialize in one particular part than a jack of all trades. Just inform the sc not to change but be sure the check after they finish so that they don't sapu your filter

For throttle controller it won't void cause it's a plug and play style. Just use the connectors provided to connect. I've tried it on my car but didn't bought it cause it is relatively expensive to get. Even if you use D to 3 is just to downshift. There's a difference between response and downshift. Response is the reaction of the car to just accelerate without pressing your throttle a lot to get it to jump. Downshifting is better when yoy are climbing uphill and require the high rpm torque to boost yourself as the faster you go in terms of speed or in higher gears, the torque will only be available at high rpm.

This post has been edited by MWAventadorSV: Jan 16 2019, 11:22 AM
Wokie
post Jan 16 2019, 11:49 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(MWAventadorSV @ Jan 16 2019, 10:51 AM)
Basically all brands are pretty much standard when it comes to performance air filter but K&N has what they call lifetime warranty and if perodua says it voids warranty, you can tell perodua to call K&N for prove that it doesn't void. Plus performance air filters are their number one specialty unlike HKS which specialize im exhaust, engine parts, etc rather than their own performance air filter. I'm not saying HKS air filters are bad, it's just compared with K&N, i rather pick one which specialize in one particular part than a jack of all trades. Just inform the sc not to change but be sure the check after they finish so that they don't sapu your filter

For throttle controller it won't void cause it's a plug and play style. Just use the connectors provided to connect. I've tried it on my car but didn't bought it cause it is relatively expensive to get. Even if you use D to 3 is just to downshift. There's a difference between response and downshift. Response is the reaction of the car to just accelerate without pressing your throttle a lot to get it to jump. Downshifting is better when yoy are climbing uphill and require the high rpm torque to boost yourself as the faster you go in terms of speed or in higher gears, the torque will only be available at high rpm.
Thanks for the SC tips and clarifications. 🙏

Could I do the same for oil filter and oil? ie. Change them myself without voiding warranty.
TQ

DanialTan1990
post Jan 16 2019, 12:09 PM

Getting Started
222 posts

QUOTE(adamdemz92 @ Jan 16 2019, 10:12 AM)
Bro Danialtan1990,

High five bro i plan to change seat belt color too hahaha!

i think's it's okay to change bro but keep the original seat belt with you till you sell your car, i don't think this berger seat belt would pass puspakom.

The material is almost the same as oem but then just slightly lighter and thinner.
Haha.
Wanna buy the seatbelt but end up buying the ducktail.

The red belt look but im looking for black with red stitch which the shop doesnt have in stock
SUSxcves
post Jan 16 2019, 12:56 PM

43 posts

QUOTE(Asyouwishwish @ Jan 16 2019, 07:01 AM)
After our last year 1st successful WORK air-filter group buy with TT done, there seem to be quite a number of few forumers here are interested & inquired on the purchase. So, perhaps we can initiate a 2nd group buy if there are any interest from the rest. Please update your id below & pm me for the group buy price,
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
may i ask what improvements/benefits you get from it vs the original air filters?
Asyouwishwish
post Jan 16 2019, 01:04 PM

49 posts

QUOTE(xcves @ Jan 16 2019, 01:56 PM)
may i ask what improvements/benefits you get from it vs the original air filters?
oh you may refer to the recent many touch about aftermarket performance air-filter upgrades posted. Usually installing this type of air filter is saving the hassle of replacing the oem air filter & therefore, in a long run it is cost saving!
Jedi
post Jan 16 2019, 01:20 PM

Pax Et Bonum
2,239 posts

QUOTE(Wokie @ Jan 16 2019, 10:51 AM)
Seems like Klang the place to go for tyres.
Don't want hassle too, buy tyres from a shop that will fit and balance tyres as well.
Is there much difference in balance alignment systems? Guess more important is going to a decent shop that properly calibrates the alignment system.

4. How about if I change air filter, oil filter and oil myself first then take it for the scheduled servicing at Perodua SC, tell SC not to changes these? Any issues from SC and affect on warranty?

Want good resale and to maintain my car in the best condition possible. Hopefully it's not mutually exclusive. 😕
TQ
They wont void ur warranty bec as I said u did not mod your engine.

QUOTE(xcves @ Jan 16 2019, 12:56 PM)
dei, youtube la. its a 3-5 min video. rather than wordy expressions here and u still dont understand.
Jedi
post Jan 16 2019, 01:22 PM

Pax Et Bonum
2,239 posts

QUOTE(bonez_xy @ Jan 16 2019, 10:25 AM)
This new gen myvi use full-synth already. Where got semi-synth
Good to know. But still I wouldnt touch. Petronas..
I dont touch their capalang ron 95 euro 2 and I just dont like everything about them.

I have nv been to their SC for a year, so theres that.
SUSxcves
post Jan 16 2019, 01:31 PM

43 posts

QUOTE(Asyouwishwish @ Jan 16 2019, 01:04 PM)
oh you may refer to the recent many touch about aftermarket performance air-filter upgrades posted. Usually installing this type of air filter is saving the hassle of replacing the oem air filter & therefore, in a long run it is cost saving!
then when it gets dirty after long usage, you wash it? or like dont need wash at all aka no need maintenance?
Jedi
post Jan 16 2019, 01:37 PM

Pax Et Bonum
2,239 posts

QUOTE(xcves @ Jan 16 2019, 01:31 PM)
then when it gets dirty after long usage, you wash it? or like dont need wash at all aka no need maintenance?

you need to wash it, the cleaner kit is about rm 50 for Works and RM 90+ for K&N

MWAventadorSV
post Jan 16 2019, 02:02 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(Wokie @ Jan 16 2019, 11:49 AM)
Thanks for the SC tips and clarifications. 🙏

Could I do the same for oil filter and oil? ie. Change them myself without voiding warranty.
TQ
It should be fine as the warranty are on mechanical parts such as engine, transmission, chassis (steering rack, suspension arms...,etc)
Asyouwishwish
post Jan 16 2019, 02:55 PM

49 posts

QUOTE(xcves @ Jan 16 2019, 02:31 PM)
yes, it is washable biggrin.gif after you buy the filter the box packaging has lengthy instruction for you to digest & teaching you from A - Z! tongue.gif

by the way sir, all things in life need maintenance sweat.gif

This post has been edited by Asyouwishwish: Jan 16 2019, 02:57 PM
SUSxcves
post Jan 16 2019, 03:20 PM

43 posts

QUOTE(Asyouwishwish @ Jan 16 2019, 02:55 PM)
yes, it is washable biggrin.gif  after you buy the filter the box packaging has lengthy instruction for you to digest & teaching you from A - Z! tongue.gif

by the way sir, all things in life need maintenance sweat.gif
ah yes.

basically what im wondering was, the balance of pros and cons in terms of cost..

i.e. if you use normal air filters and change them and the req intervals which is every 20k km or basically once a year, since 10k service = 6 months. (of course this is taking into account an average user and not for example a grab driver who would reach 10k km quickly than a normal person would..)

so what i was wondering was whether the original cost of yearly change of air filter vs buying a performance filter + the oil or whatever cleaning substances that is required. which is more benefitting for a normal car owner..

so im not talking from a performance standpoint here, i guess the video from EE basically showed that it does indeed give a very small boost in performance.. but im just saying example an average joe who doesnt care about that tiny bit increase, would he be better off just sticking to oem filters or changing to a performnce filter can also help save cost in the long run or wtv else..

oh speaking of performance filters, so how often do you have to clean the filters? like i said above, one would change filters once a year or every 20k km, so what about those who use performance air filters? how often or when do you have to clean it?

EDIT:

i guess basically there's 2 camps. people who want to get better performance vs people who dont care about performance but prefer longevity, etc..

"I think you're missing the point of the air filter: It's to make absolutely certain that dust, dirt, soot, sand, and other airborne particles never make it into the engine. With today's 200,000 mile engines, I don't want the absolute highest performance air filter. I want the air filter that provides reasonably acceptable performance while absolutely minimizing particulate matter from being ingested into the engine."

"I'll take the better particulate filtration over a 2% Improvement and oil contaminated MAF sensor"

these are some of the comments i see a lot on the air filters debate. No doubt it increases performance, but for those who dont care about it, the question they are more concerned about is whether which ones actually filters the air entering the engine better. i believe this one has no conclusive or well-weighted evidences yet..

This post has been edited by xcves: Jan 16 2019, 03:30 PM
adamdemz92
post Jan 16 2019, 03:50 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(DanialTan1990 @ Jan 16 2019, 12:09 PM)
Haha.
Wanna buy the seatbelt but end up buying the ducktail.

The red belt look but im looking for black with red stitch which the shop doesnt have in stock
Bro,

I think you can try your luck in Carzone Interior.

Not sure where they located at but for sure they sell seatbelts, i've seen it in some promo video about this shop and i saw some rose design seatbelt somemore damn cool wehy.

Saw this shop in this video, check it out bro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NehRaZocFY

Jedi
post Jan 16 2019, 04:43 PM

Pax Et Bonum
2,239 posts

Stick to paper filter if average Joe. Cheap maintanence and change every 10k if concern for engine
Or every 20k

Rm 20 per change settle
Asyouwishwish
post Jan 16 2019, 06:06 PM

49 posts

QUOTE(xcves @ Jan 16 2019, 04:20 PM)
ah yes.

basically what im wondering was, the balance of pros and cons in terms of cost..

i.e. if you use normal air filters and change them and the req intervals which is every 20k km or basically once a year, since 10k service = 6 months. (of course this is taking into account an average user and not for example a grab driver who would reach 10k km quickly than a normal person would..)

so what i was wondering was whether the original cost of yearly change of air filter vs buying a performance filter + the oil or whatever cleaning substances that is required. which is more benefitting for a normal car owner..

so im not talking from a performance standpoint here, i guess the video from EE basically showed that it does indeed give a very small boost in performance.. but im just saying example an average joe who doesnt care about that tiny bit increase, would he be better off just sticking to oem filters or changing to a performnce filter can also help save cost in the long run or wtv else..

oh speaking of performance filters, so how often do you have to clean the filters? like i said above, one would change filters once a year or every 20k km, so what about those who use performance air filters? how often or when do you have to clean it?

EDIT:

i guess basically there's 2 camps. people who want to get better performance vs people who dont care about performance but prefer longevity, etc..

"I think you're missing the point of the air filter:  It's to make absolutely certain that dust, dirt, soot, sand, and other airborne particles never make it into the engine.  With today's 200,000 mile engines, I don't want the absolute highest performance air filter.  I want the air filter that provides reasonably acceptable performance while absolutely minimizing particulate matter from being ingested into the engine."

"I'll take the better particulate filtration over a 2% Improvement and oil contaminated MAF sensor"

these are some of the comments i see a lot on the air filters debate. No doubt it increases performance, but for those who dont care about it, the question they are more concerned about is whether which ones actually filters the air entering the engine better. i believe this one has no conclusive or well-weighted evidences yet..
Sir is only an air-filter, is an option@@ is not rocket science! Dont have to be so lengthy right

223 Pages « < 134 135 136 137 138 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0179sec    0.32    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:46 PM