Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Herbalife Protein shake alternative discussion

views

TSmissysleepy
post Jun 22 2018, 05:45 AM, updated 6y ago

Enthusiast
718 posts

https://310nutrition.com/pages/social-community

I found an alternative product which is better than Herbalife but i couldn't find any seller or distributor in malaysia. Im currently taking herbalife for weight loss and i found it works for me. have lost 4 kg. This alternative product which taste better and have better ingredients as shown in here is called 310 Shake.
I like to get this 310 Shakes to try out. I wonders if anyone here are taking this meal replacement protein shake?

Apart from that, i would love to hear sifu guidance on other alternative to herbalife with better nutrition protein shakes . I prefer non GMO, no chemical or additives products for my weight loss.

I just want to hear if there's other nice shake flavor compares to herbalife. Herbalife have its downside. The label asked to add milk but that increase calories. If i add just water ,its too thin and like the review here said it's not as nice as 310 Shakes.

https://310nutrition.com/pages/herbalife-vs-310-shake

Are there any brands out there that taste better and also healthier than Herbalife without burning a hole in my pocket for long term consumption ?

Disclaimer:
Pls don't advise me on exercise or do activity, that will be in different subject as im also doing that now.pls don't advise me to take real food or protein food like meat etc.. Im eating this too. Just want this two out of this topic discussion.

Thanks guys. Appreciate your thoughts and sharing. notworthy.gif

This post has been edited by missysleepy: Jun 22 2018, 05:47 AM
ToniV
post Jun 22 2018, 05:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,372 posts

ON Whey Protein. Good protein.
lingleeyen
post Jun 22 2018, 10:00 AM

Regular
1,376 posts

What is the protein count that you need to take in a day? I mean by how many grams of protein?
TSmissysleepy
post Jun 23 2018, 09:12 PM

Enthusiast
718 posts

QUOTE(lingleeyen @ Jun 22 2018, 10:00 AM)
What is the protein count that you need to take in a day? I mean by how many grams of protein?
hi ling, im not so sure of how much protein intake that suit my body weight. im around 100kg . what's the right protein amount i should be taking?
TSmissysleepy
post Jun 23 2018, 09:45 PM

Enthusiast
718 posts

QUOTE(ToniV @ Jun 22 2018, 05:49 AM)
ON Whey Protein. Good protein.
Thanks for your suggestion .
I think herbalife have other nutrients for improving health benefits.

look at the ingredient list
https://mfallow.goherbalife.com/Catalog/Pro...ails/en-US/3110

But of course , i think On whey protein is way way cheaper for protein shakes.
The only stuff im worried in this Gold standard is the use of Carrageenan which can caused Cancer.
lingleeyen
post Jun 24 2018, 12:00 AM

Regular
1,376 posts

QUOTE(missysleepy @ Jun 23 2018, 09:12 PM)
hi ling, im not so sure of how much protein intake that suit my body weight. im around 100kg . what's the right protein amount i should be taking?
If you do not know how much protein that you need, you do not need protein shakes. If your goal is to loose, eat whatever you want so long that your calorie in < calorie out.

I loose weight when I first started with carbs only diet. I was stupid at that time. Now that I know how things work, I can eat KFC, pizza, ice cream, chips I loose fats. You eat vege you gain fats. Carbs don't make you fat. Fats don't make you fat. Over eating does. So if you are health concerned, select the food properly to your preference. You do not need those supplements. Keep your hunger in check with low calorie high satiety food.

To me those products that you take is no more than whatever gimmicks they market to you. 15g of protein I can get it with 90g of oats. That 90g of oats will keep you full the whole day. That shake that you are having per serve is 90kcal. If you do not need the protein from that source, the 90kcal is extra of what you supposed to put into your body.

So your money your call. To me, whatever herbal life is bullcrap. It does not promote fat loss. If you drink only that and loose, it is because the calorie is too low, not because of the product. It is always calorie in < calorie out.
TSmissysleepy
post Jun 24 2018, 12:13 PM

Enthusiast
718 posts

QUOTE(lingleeyen @ Jun 24 2018, 12:00 AM)
If you do not know how much protein that you need, you do not need protein shakes. If your goal is to loose, eat whatever you want so long that your calorie in < calorie out.

I loose weight when I first started with carbs only diet. I was stupid at that time. Now that I know how things work, I can eat KFC, pizza, ice cream, chips I loose fats. You eat vege you gain fats. Carbs don't make you fat. Fats don't make you fat. Over eating does. So if you are health concerned, select the food properly to your preference. You do not need those supplements. Keep your hunger in check with low calorie high satiety food.

To me those products that you take is no more than whatever gimmicks they market to you. 15g of protein I can get it with 90g of oats. That 90g of oats will keep you full the whole day. That shake that you are having per serve is 90kcal. If you do not need the protein from that source, the 90kcal is extra of what you supposed to put into your body.

So your money your call. To me, whatever herbal life is bullcrap. It does not promote fat loss. If you drink only that and loose, it is because the calorie is too low, not because of the product. It is always calorie in < calorie out.
What i noticed in the realistic environment in herbalife product is that they helped some of the members there loosing like 20-40KG . At first Im not that optimistic too but then i told myself, discovering this crap bs stories is by using my own senses rather than seeing some photos. then one by one came out to the stage and told their stories , when u see their b4 and after photos from 130Kg to 80kg , oh that's a very huge jump. Woah!

Im not talking about losing weight of 5kg or 10kg but the commitment and their follow up seem to work . Then i discovered that, they actually invested quite a lot to see the result. I guess it works but really at a cost. The magic is not in the product itself but the environment and coaching they paid.

Looking at the perspective of a fat man, women.. this is the product that released their negative lifestyles which anchored into them. But after i look closer to their product, i found that their products have certain formulation that is quite secretive and have the effect of changing a person energy and hormone i guess. And at the same time, i discover that the products were created by some docs and a noble Prize winner doctor.

I drank it almost everyday now and my friend noticed my face is different, im not sure if this is real or just pleasing me.. laugh.gif . But what ever u said is not wrong too. Just that, u just need to design an exercise program to counter the fat and sugary food you put in. Im still searching for the organic meal replacement with nutrient better than herbalife . The only thing i don't like in herbalife nutrition is the numbers of chemical listing , using fructose which is also high GI. oh speaking of GI, most real food like KFC have fats and carbo with HIGH GI is not a good thing for the body system .

anyway, you are not wrong either. Food supplement or shakes are just one of the new age food for healthy living in this conducive environment we r in. Just walk out of the door, and you will be surrounded by all the fattening and high GI food unless u got all the time to do the weekly food preparation.

simonlws
post Jun 24 2018, 12:16 PM

Getting Started
163 posts

Try Lush Protein
lingleeyen
post Jun 25 2018, 09:03 AM

Regular
1,376 posts

QUOTE(missysleepy @ Jun 24 2018, 12:13 PM)
What i noticed in the realistic environment in herbalife product is that they helped some of the members there loosing like 20-40KG . At first Im not that optimistic too but then i told myself, discovering this crap bs stories is by using my own senses rather than seeing some photos. then one by one came out to the stage and told their stories , when u see their b4 and after photos from 130Kg to 80kg , oh that's a very huge jump. Woah!

Im not talking about losing weight of 5kg or 10kg but the commitment and their follow up seem to work . Then i discovered that, they actually invested quite a lot to see the result. I guess it works but really at a cost. The magic is not in the product itself but the environment and coaching they paid.

Looking at the perspective of a fat man, women.. this is the product that released their negative lifestyles which anchored into them. But after i look closer to their product, i found that their products have certain formulation that is quite secretive and have the effect of changing a person energy and hormone i guess. And at the same time, i discover that the products were created by some docs and a noble Prize winner doctor.

I drank it almost everyday now and my friend noticed my face is different, im not sure if this is real or just pleasing me.. laugh.gif . But what ever u said is not wrong too. Just that, u just need to design an exercise program to counter the fat and sugary food you put in. Im still searching for the organic meal replacement with nutrient better than herbalife . The only thing i don't like in herbalife nutrition is the numbers of chemical listing , using fructose which is also high GI. oh speaking of GI, most real food like KFC have fats and carbo with HIGH GI is not a good thing for the body system .

anyway, you are not wrong either. Food supplement or shakes are just one of the new age food for healthy living in this conducive environment we r in. Just walk out of the door, and you will be surrounded by all the fattening and high GI food unless u got all the time to do the weekly food preparation.
You have said it yourself. It is the environment not the product. I was 90kg. I was round. I am a little taller than Doraemon at 165cm. It took me 9 weeks to loose 19kg but what I did was stupid. I ate only carbs and no fats with very little protein. I almost killed my balls at that time. I took no supplement because I do not want to commit to those shakes before I can set myself to any changes. Now that I know how it works, I eat the fats and carbs. Eating enough while loosing is the way to regularise your hormone and makes sure you stay off course from over eating. Once in a while I still get to indulge in anything I like. I am still keeping those fats off.

And KFC is not real food. It is something that I indulge once in a while. Plus it is too expensive compared to self cook at the same calorie amount. You do not need meal replacement. You need real food. Unless you have specific requirement and need a certain protein count, you do not need those shakes and you can save thousand after seeing the result without them.

Eat enough, train to move, sleep for recovery. Having been through that situation, steady and consistent wins the race. You make sure you have the fuel to go on. And the fuel is not whatever shake you are taking. It is the determination to change. I leave it to you to decide your take or no take. Your money anyway.
cHaRsIeWpAu^^
post Jun 25 2018, 09:26 AM

Enthusiast
921 posts

QUOTE(missysleepy @ Jun 24 2018, 12:13 PM)

its always calories output > input.

eat less = 80% of your effort.
exercise = 20%, helps to burn more calories, aka speed up the progress.

you need to make exercising as your habit, rather than seeing it a torturing activities.
that's how a fit person doing, they don't really keep fit but they actually enjoy exercising or at least its one of their daily routine.

that's how herbalife or whatever slimming programme doing also, they will have weekly exercise day and keep track of your diet and progress.

easies way to lose weight? do meal prep to control your diet.

im assuming your weight isn't caused by hormone inbalance or other medical factors in this case.
Amedion
post Jun 25 2018, 01:33 PM

It's a bird! No, it's a plane! No, it's star
3,377 posts

Protein and meal replacement different thing.

You take protein as supplement to add on your protein intake on top of your diet.

Meal replacement for slimming cause you're taking that low calories with all required nutrients drink to replace your meal which could be high in calorie.
TSmissysleepy
post Jun 25 2018, 02:34 PM

Enthusiast
718 posts

QUOTE(lingleeyen @ Jun 25 2018, 09:03 AM)
You have said it yourself. It is the environment not the product. I was 90kg. I was round. I am a little taller than Doraemon at 165cm. It took me 9 weeks to loose 19kg but what I did was stupid. I ate only carbs and no fats with very little protein. I almost killed my balls at that time. I took no supplement because I do not want to commit to those shakes before I can set myself to any changes. Now that I know how it works, I eat the fats and carbs. Eating enough while loosing is the way to regularise your hormone and makes sure you stay off course from over eating. Once in a while I still get to indulge in anything I like. I am still keeping those fats off.

And KFC is not real food. It is something that I indulge once in a while. Plus it is too expensive compared to self cook at the same calorie amount. You do not need meal replacement. You need real food. Unless you have specific requirement and need a certain protein count, you do not need those shakes and you can save thousand after seeing the result without them.

Eat enough, train to move, sleep for recovery. Having been through that situation, steady and consistent wins the race. You make sure you have the fuel to go on. And the fuel is not whatever shake you are taking. It is the determination to change. I leave it to you to decide your take or no take. Your money anyway.
Very wise advise. Tq. I like real food. I still want to eat like you did. No way im going to starved myself with this product. I still eat carb but watch the GI. Our body n brain need fats too. Especially the brain. So i just focus in consuming more heathy foods without having to sacrifice much. You said correct. The money can b saved for travelling instead. I will stop herbalife once i reached my desire weight goal.
TSmissysleepy
post Jun 25 2018, 02:36 PM

Enthusiast
718 posts

QUOTE(simonlws @ Jun 24 2018, 12:16 PM)
Try Lush Protein
Thanks. Do u like the taste. Very clean ingredients in the label.
QUOTE(cHaRsIeWpAu^^ @ Jun 25 2018, 09:26 AM)
its always calories output > input.

eat less = 80% of your effort.
exercise = 20%, helps to burn more calories, aka speed up the progress.

you need to make exercising as your habit, rather than seeing it a torturing activities.
that's how a fit person doing, they don't really keep fit but they actually enjoy exercising or at least its one of their daily routine.

that's how herbalife or whatever slimming programme doing also, they will have weekly exercise day and keep track of your diet and progress.

easies way to lose weight? do meal prep to control your diet.

im assuming your weight isn't caused by hormone inbalance or other medical factors in this case.
Tq
QUOTE(Amedion @ Jun 25 2018, 01:33 PM)
Protein and meal replacement different thing.

You take protein as supplement to add on your protein intake on top of your diet.

Meal replacement for slimming cause you're taking that low calories with all required nutrients drink to replace your meal which could be high in calorie.
Tq
simonlws
post Jun 26 2018, 03:39 PM

Getting Started
163 posts

QUOTE(missysleepy @ Jun 25 2018, 01:36 PM)
Thanks. Do u like the taste. Very clean ingredients in the label.

Tq
Tq
They have quite a range of flavor, Have tried the berry and its very nice. Not like some that taste like chemical or medicine.
The mix is not thick like milk shakes, its watery like juices.
TSmissysleepy
post Jun 26 2018, 06:15 PM

Enthusiast
718 posts

QUOTE(simonlws @ Jun 26 2018, 03:39 PM)
They have quite a range of flavor, Have tried the berry and its very nice. Not like some that taste like chemical or medicine.
The mix is not thick like milk shakes, its watery like juices.
have u tried their choc or vanilla. i like a bit of a milk shake type. i will add milk and blend for the frothy. I will probably give it a try .
TSmissysleepy
post Jul 5 2018, 10:13 PM

Enthusiast
718 posts

QUOTE(simonlws @ Jun 24 2018, 12:16 PM)
Try Lush Protein
do u have coupon code?
simonlws
post Jul 9 2018, 09:11 AM

Getting Started
163 posts

QUOTE(missysleepy @ Jul 5 2018, 09:13 PM)
do u have coupon code?
LZE070

biggrin.gif

TSmissysleepy
post Jul 9 2018, 11:31 AM

Enthusiast
718 posts

QUOTE(simonlws @ Jul 9 2018, 09:11 AM)
LZE070
biggrin.gif
thanks a lot
simonlws
post Aug 1 2018, 02:19 PM

Getting Started
163 posts

QUOTE(missysleepy @ Jul 9 2018, 10:31 AM)
thanks a lot
Managed to try?
TSmissysleepy
post Aug 1 2018, 05:23 PM

Enthusiast
718 posts

QUOTE(simonlws @ Aug 1 2018, 02:19 PM)
Managed to try?
didn't manage to get due to their system problem. i will get it next time as i just bought PS WHEY chocolate. NExt order definitely will try Lush.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0195sec    0.30    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:52 PM