Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Unhappy

views

TScloudstrifes
post Jun 2 2018, 07:12 PM, updated 5y ago

Casual
464 posts

Hi,

Recently I have been through a lot of things. Life went up and down, been through depression and anxiety, but I am grateful things has getting better.

After all these incidents, I found out that I have lots of negativity thoughts and getting sad for no reason which ALL of the stuff have been sort out.

Usually on the day I feel motivated and telling good thing within myself, but when hour pass by I feel unhappy.

I have tried many ways such as self comfort, self motivation within my mind, exercise, but still the same.

Anyone can advise me regarding this? What can makes me more optimistic and happy? At the mean time I am taking some medicine and visiting psychologist.

internaldisputes
post Jun 21 2018, 05:01 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

Do you eat healthy? Consuming too much sugar at one time may cause you to crash several hours later and give you mood swings. Lacking certain nutrients also can increase incidence of depression.
TScloudstrifes
post Jun 21 2018, 05:02 PM

Casual
464 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Jun 21 2018, 05:01 PM)
Do you eat healthy? Consuming too much sugar at one time may cause you to crash several hours later and give you mood swings. Lacking certain nutrients also can increase incidence of depression.
I think I eat healthy. I did not overeat and I do exercise almost everyday.
Joey-kun
post Jun 22 2018, 07:35 AM

no avatar plagarism plz, foxboy sez nuz
4,662 posts

QUOTE(cloudstrifes @ Jun 2 2018, 07:12 PM)
Hi,

Recently I have been through a lot of things. Life went up and down, been through depression and anxiety, but I am grateful things has getting better.

After all these incidents, I found out that I have lots of negativity thoughts and getting sad for no reason which ALL of the stuff have been sort out.

Usually on the day I feel motivated and telling good thing within myself, but when hour pass by I feel unhappy.

I have tried many ways such as self comfort, self motivation within my mind, exercise, but still the same.

Anyone can advise me regarding this? What can makes me more optimistic and happy? At the mean time I am taking some medicine and visiting psychologist.
You will need to determine the root cause that is causing you to be stressed and depressed. Once you have figured it out, you can take the corrective actions. For example, if the reason is because of your job, best thing to do is to get a new one, or if you have toxic parents, moving out would be the solution.

Depression and anxiety always has a cause and most of the time, it's because we put ourselves in a position where we are forced to compromise ourselves and our conscience rebels against it. Managing depression is difficult, but doable. Medications are meant to have that effect but if you take care of yourself well enough, i.e making sure you are eating right, exercise etc it will decrease the likelihood of depression or anxiety but doesnt mean you wont get depressed or anxiety even when doing so. Making the right decisions helps more

just sharing from my own experience. Been facing depression for a long time.
TScloudstrifes
post Jun 22 2018, 09:25 AM

Casual
464 posts

QUOTE(Joey-kun @ Jun 22 2018, 07:35 AM)
You will need to determine the root cause that is causing you to be stressed and depressed. Once you have figured it out, you can take the corrective actions. For example, if the reason is because of your job, best thing to do is to get a new one, or if you have toxic parents, moving out would be the solution.

Depression and anxiety always has a cause and most of the time, it's because we put ourselves in a position where we are forced to compromise ourselves and our conscience rebels against it. Managing depression is difficult, but doable. Medications are meant to have that effect but if you take care of yourself well enough, i.e making sure you are eating right, exercise etc it will decrease the likelihood of depression or anxiety but doesnt mean you wont get depressed or anxiety even when doing so. Making the right decisions helps more

just sharing from my own experience. Been facing depression for a long time.
I see, but as I mentioned I do not know what's wrong with me. As most of situation is changing currently. even my therapist also asking me what is wrong with me lol.
Joey-kun
post Jun 22 2018, 09:47 AM

4,662 posts

QUOTE(cloudstrifes @ Jun 22 2018, 09:25 AM)
I see, but as I mentioned I do not know what's wrong with me. As most of situation is changing currently. even my therapist also asking me what is wrong with me lol.
That part needs time to figure out. The therapist is there to help you figure out by prompting the right questions. Sometimes when something is too painful to think about, our mind automatically blocks it but we still feel the effects. If its too painful, meds can numb the emotions while you explore painful thoughts (thats why meds are important, but its useless if you use it and not work on yourself while on them). Give it a go.
TScloudstrifes
post Jun 22 2018, 02:26 PM

Casual
464 posts

QUOTE(Joey-kun @ Jun 22 2018, 09:47 AM)
That part needs time to figure out. The therapist is there to help you figure out by prompting the right questions. Sometimes when something is too painful to think about, our mind automatically blocks it but we still feel the effects. If its too painful, meds can numb the emotions while you explore painful thoughts (thats why meds are important, but its useless if you use it and not work on yourself while on them). Give it a go.
that is why i am not taking any medicine which i do not want to. I am looking for therapist but i do not know what am i concern about which makes me so uncomfortable. btw the feelings comes on and off..
Joey-kun
post Jun 23 2018, 08:38 AM

4,662 posts

QUOTE(cloudstrifes @ Jun 22 2018, 02:26 PM)
that is why i am not taking any medicine which i do not want to. I am looking for therapist but i do not know what am i concern about which makes me so uncomfortable. btw the feelings comes on and off..
When they feelings come, try to analyze it and see what makes you tick. Also, when working with a therapist, best is to just describe to them exactly how you feel and let them prompt you with questions. In some cases they need to gain your trust first but it all depends.
TScloudstrifes
post Jun 23 2018, 12:08 PM

Casual
464 posts

QUOTE(Joey-kun @ Jun 23 2018, 08:38 AM)
When they feelings come, try to analyze it and see what makes you tick. Also, when working with a therapist, best is to just describe to them exactly how you feel and let them prompt you with questions. In some cases they need to gain your trust first but it all depends.
i tried to describe, but that feeling is kinda hard to describe. It is not like angry or sad or frustrating, it just like some kinda of weird feelings which i never had.
internaldisputes
post Jun 23 2018, 12:39 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

Have you ever tried meditation? Perhaps there is a lot of things lingering in your mind and it will help if you can turn them off for a few minutes.
TScloudstrifes
post Jun 23 2018, 03:35 PM

Casual
464 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Jun 23 2018, 12:39 PM)
Have you ever tried meditation? Perhaps there is a lot of things lingering in your mind and it will help if you can turn them off for a few minutes.
yeah i have tried, but it doesn't seems working on me.
marche_ck
post Jun 28 2018, 08:25 PM

27 posts

Wait, you did body check up already? Make sure it is nothing physical first.
Aventador360
post Jun 28 2018, 08:34 PM

Casual
349 posts

You need to burn off some of your excess energy. Go to the gym and work out or go for walk or jog or play some sports. Anything to make you get rid of the negativity which is bad energy. I have the same problem. Go easy on the drugs the doctors give you as they are all short term if of any use at all.
TScloudstrifes
post Jun 28 2018, 08:39 PM

Casual
464 posts

QUOTE(marche_ck @ Jun 28 2018, 08:25 PM)
Wait, you did body check up already? Make sure it is nothing physical first.
I did body check, but not full body check

QUOTE(Aventador360 @ Jun 28 2018, 08:34 PM)
You need to burn off some of your excess energy. Go to the gym and work out or go for walk or jog or play some sports. Anything to make you get rid of the negativity which is bad energy. I have the same problem. Go easy on the drugs the doctors give you as they are all short term if of any use at all.
I’m swimming almost everyday until recently I stopped due to pool maintenance for 2 weeks.
Aventador360
post Jun 28 2018, 08:44 PM

Casual
349 posts

Try other sports as well to prevent boredom monotony. Burning off the excess energy so that you are actually physically tired helps a lot. Also try and wean yourself off the meds gradually if you feel improvement.
TScloudstrifes
post Jul 11 2019, 10:31 AM

Casual
464 posts

QUOTE(Aventador360 @ Jun 28 2018, 08:44 PM)
Try other sports as well to prevent boredom monotony. Burning off the excess energy so that you are actually physically tired helps a lot. Also try and wean yourself off the meds gradually if you feel improvement.
I have exercise daily, but it doesn't makes me tired.
Kennchew
post Jul 19 2019, 12:08 AM

Getting Started
55 posts

Its normal bro all humans have been through anxiety, depression and unhappy mood swings including myself. Just treat it as a life challenge.
chubz
post Jul 21 2019, 10:55 AM

19 posts

Hi, psych student and special needs teacher/consultant here. I'm writing this based on my personal experiences and from what I learned from reading, watching videos and implementing these actions for myself. Here are 3 things I want to share with you:

1. The craving for the feeling of happiness is just as similar as being addicted to sugar or cocaine, we don't need to feel happy all the time. Happiness may arise in our life and may stay longer for some, but at its core, happiness is still a feeling, and feelings have their lifespans, they are meant to be temporary and not permanent.

2. Instead, I recommend doing a routine that takes care of your health, wealth and free time. Make a list you would have done and would like to try, and go do it. Make measurable goals and track your progress to understand where you were, where you are and where you are heading. Journal your thoughts every day and see what pops up the most, and change that story. "We become the story we tell ourselves every day".

3. When you understand that being depressed, being anxious, low energy is statements that become the repeated story we tell ourselves every day (consciously or unconsciously), we tend to think that we are those labels where in reality, we just attached ourselves to those labels that we give meaning to, nobody else did. You can learn to detach yourself from these thoughts and labels.

Conclusion:
Life is not about being happy (IMO), it's about choosing the sufferings you think you can endure that will propel you towards where you want to be in life. Hope this helps anyone out there
ARKCC P
post Sep 3 2019, 06:04 PM

Probation
8 posts

Happiness is not something we can pursue in life, but we can find happiness in pursuing a meaningful life.

Meaning is personal, it's phenomenological. No one else can define the meaning for our life, but ourselves. So one have to take up the responsibility to figure out, what is the meaning of life for himself or herself.

Sometimes we may feel lost and not sure how to figure it out by ourselves, we can't seems to breakthrough our usual routine and see thing from different perspective, that is why we can talk to a good counselor who are trained to do this job.

Talking to a counselor is for our own development. smile.gif
Mussel
post Sep 4 2019, 02:06 PM

Casual
433 posts

QUOTE(cloudstrifes @ Jun 2 2018, 07:12 PM)
What can makes me more optimistic and happy?
There is more happiness in giving than in receiving. The truth is, a generous man will be much happier than a selfish person. Distract yourself by listening to others, and offering a helping hand whenever possible.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0243sec    0.41    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:46 AM