laugh.gif rclxms.gif

Action junkie should give it a shot
PhungTM
post Mar 30 2019, 03:48 AM

On my way
583 posts

user posted image

Extreme Job

Went in without any expectation, came out unexpectedly entertained.

Surprisingly funny, a few unexpected twist and enough action to make this movie thoroughly entertaining.

TSsweet_pez
post Apr 1 2019, 10:06 AM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

QUOTE(PhungTM @ Mar 30 2019, 03:48 AM)
user posted image

Extreme Job

Went in without any expectation, came out unexpectedly entertained.

Surprisingly funny, a few unexpected twist and enough action to make this movie thoroughly entertaining.
Looks good! It's up in the cinema at the moment?
Korean movies are getting better and better biggrin.gif
besthanj
post Apr 1 2019, 10:27 AM

Getting Started
142 posts

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Apr 1 2019, 10:06 AM)
Looks good! It's up in the cinema at the moment?
Korean movies are getting better and better biggrin.gif
Exactly! This movie looks good...

I wanna download it but couldn't find it...

TSsweet_pez
post Apr 1 2019, 11:20 AM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

QUOTE(besthanj @ Apr 1 2019, 10:27 AM)
Exactly! This movie looks good...

I wanna download it but couldn't find it...
laugh.gif don't be a pirate...yet!I just Google-d, it's currently screening in cinemas so you won't find downloads until much later.
besthanj
post Apr 1 2019, 12:37 PM

Getting Started
142 posts

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Apr 1 2019, 11:20 AM)
laugh.gif don't be a pirate...yet!I just Google-d, it's currently screening in cinemas so you won't find downloads until much later.
Ahoy Matey! Sweet sweet pezz 😜

You're right! It was just released in cinema.

I might catch it this week.

Btw thanks for info sweety😊
TSsweet_pez
post Apr 1 2019, 12:43 PM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

QUOTE(besthanj @ Apr 1 2019, 12:37 PM)
Ahoy Matey! Sweet sweet pezz 😜

You're right! It was just released in cinema.

I might catch it this week.

Btw thanks for info sweety😊
lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif enjoy!
6so
post May 30 2019, 05:24 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

I can't remember when did I bought these two blu-rays or something my wife picked up.

Don't get conned by the slick trailer, it's actually a remake of Johnnie To's 2012 Drug War. Repackaged with the better looking korean aesthetic. Objectively a so-so effort and can't replace the original version.

Yeah, it's another pseudo remake of another well regarded old movie. Hot-shot negotiator experienced her downfall and then sucked up in a conspiracy cover-up of epic proportion. More or less is the same movie as '98 The Negotiator with sexier actors.
TSsweet_pez
post Mar 24 2020, 04:49 PM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

Korean:

Kim Ji-Young: Born 1982

user posted image

Plot Synopsis (Asianwiki):

Kim Ji-Young (Jung Yu-Mi) has one of the most common female names for people her age. She works at a PR agency. Kim Ji-Young gets married and has a daughter. So she can raise her daughter, Kim Ji-Young quits her job. She leads an ordinary life up to this point. Suddenly, Kim Ji-Young begins to talk like her mother, her older sister and other people. She seems possessed by other people. What happened to her?

My thoughts:
It's a peculiar film. Why? From the synopsis it sounded like horror but from the trailer it didn't. At the end of it I decided to watch to find out... and yes, it's horrifying. Horrifying to see sexism, bias, stereotyping and other ugly sides of human. While it's a feminist film, the theme also revolves around depression. It's interesting to note that the film is a mixture of both and you get a glimpse of Ji-Young's daily lives, juggling between taking care of her child and the houseshold, holding back from pursuing what she wants.

Generally it's an enchanting film and I got sucked into it without realizing. Definitely worth a watch and and serves as a good reminder to be less judgmental of others.

This post has been edited by sweet_pez: Mar 24 2020, 04:49 PM
skylinelover
post Mar 26 2020, 09:10 PM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
All Stars
10,509 posts

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Mar 24 2020, 04:49 PM)
Generally it's an enchanting film and I got sucked into it without realizing. Definitely worth a watch and and serves as a good reminder to be less judgmental of others.
Where have you been this 1 year

Why suddenly disappeared from nowhere laugh.gif laugh.gif

Anyway i know this is not under movie but netflix kingdom season 2 is dam awesome

Its like the walking dead in steroids hahahaha

This post has been edited by skylinelover: Mar 26 2020, 09:11 PM
TSsweet_pez
post Mar 28 2020, 04:51 PM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Mar 26 2020, 09:10 PM)
Where have you been this 1 year

Why suddenly disappeared from nowhere laugh.gif laugh.gif

Anyway i know this is not under movie but netflix kingdom season 2 is dam awesome

Its like the walking dead in steroids hahahaha
Omg now that you mentioned... it's really been about a year since my last update lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif been busy for awhile so slowed down on films. Then picked up a few along the way but not all are worth mentioning hehhh.

Oh yes a lot of people been talking about Kingdom and how good it is. Don't have Netflix hmm.gif i could download it but a little lazy to dwell into dramas. But still, I'll probably give it a shot one of these days. Thanks for bringing it up thumbsup.gif
TSsweet_pez
post Mar 28 2020, 05:16 PM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

Korean:

Juror 8 (2019)

user posted image

user posted image

Plot Synopsis (AsianWiki):

Kim Joon-Kyeom (Moon So-Ri) is a presiding judge who leads the first civil participation of a criminal trial in South Korea. 8 jurors are selected for the criminal trial including Kwon Nam-Woo (Park Hyung-Sik). The jurors are ordinary people, but, after they become jurors, they seek out the truth of the case.

My thoughts:
Yes it's your typical comedy + crime + court drama sort of thing. Some part of the storyline is pretty predictable but that doesn't stop me from enjoying it. For example, you know what sort of outcome there will be but you don't know how - thus, enjoy the 'process' and have fun watching the film. I'll give this show a 7.5/10 and if you're into court drama, I'll recommend this without hesitation.
cowolter P
post Mar 30 2020, 05:32 AM

Probation
0 posts

Am I going to be the first one to recommend The Raid and The Raid 2? They’re seriously on another level of extremely well designed action and The Raid 2 is, in my opinion, the greatest martial arts movie ever made and the best action film of the last decade. The first one is a great time but I think The Raid 2 really elevates it to an excellent series.
skylinelover
post Mar 30 2020, 10:30 AM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
All Stars
10,509 posts

QUOTE(cowolter @ Mar 30 2020, 05:32 AM)
Am I going to be the first one to recommend The Raid and The Raid 2? They’re seriously on another level of extremely well designed action and The Raid 2 is, in my opinion, the greatest martial arts movie ever made and the best action film of the last decade. The first one is a great time but I think The Raid 2 really elevates it to an excellent series.
Haha that is INDONESIAN

Not japan and korea

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Unless miss thread starters here wanna rename thread as ASIAN films hahahaha
TSsweet_pez
post Mar 30 2020, 11:23 AM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

Eh my title says Japanese/ Korean films ohmy.gif
Thanks for the recommendation btw.

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Mar 30 2020, 10:30 AM)
Haha that is INDONESIAN

Not japan and korea

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Unless miss thread starters here wanna rename thread as ASIAN films hahahaha
You can open one for Asian films hmm.gif

And what's with the "miss"...! Funnily you're not the first to say this out of the blue. As though something happened where i aint aware of ...it was more fun when people bro me and I don't bother to correct them laugh.gif

This post has been edited by sweet_pez: Mar 30 2020, 11:24 AM
r2t2
post Mar 30 2020, 06:02 PM

Getting Started
155 posts

And I thought I opened and read the wrong thread. laugh.gif

If really want similar Japanese action film to The Raid, maybe can try Re: Born (2016). A lot of CQC here. Storywise, nothing much, usual Japanese moody type.
Attached Image
Maybe the director was trying to make a Metal Gear Solid film but couldn't get the copyright.

However, Tak Sakaguchi is great as a villain in [キングダム] Kingdom (2019); a film based on the manga/anime ... which is based on China's Qin Shi Huang & the Warring States period.
Attached Image
Not a bad fictional+historical film, rousing soundtrack, good actions albeit some are over the top, pacing is good.

This post has been edited by r2t2: Mar 30 2020, 06:03 PM
r2t2
post Mar 30 2020, 06:33 PM

Getting Started
155 posts

Due to this MCO period, got more time to watch old Japanese films ... classic 70s tongue.gif

Was interested in watching [幸福の黄色いハンカチ] The Yellow Handkerchief (1977), due to the classic English song as well; wasn't expecting a very well acted film.

Attached Image

After done watching, googled about the film, found out it's the winner of the first Best Picture award at the Japan Academy Prize in 1978.

Structured as a road trip film, but it's a deeper character study story. Each of the three characters got their own relationship/inner conflicts; two met first but the film is mainly about one character (and his wife through flashbacks). Was remade into an American film (same title, 2008 ... the actress in the 1977 film even got a supporting role), and another time as a Japanese TV movie (2011).

For those who had watched it before, what's the name of the song playing on the car radio during one scene? It's quite melodic, you'll know it ...

(Edit : found the song using Soundhound ... apparently it's quite a well-known song from 1975)

This might be a cover version, there are plenty more with the original singer/band, but I like the background pictures in this one ... throwback to traveling in Japan bye.gif thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by r2t2: Mar 30 2020, 07:07 PM
TSsweet_pez
post Mar 30 2020, 06:55 PM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

QUOTE(r2t2 @ Mar 30 2020, 06:33 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

You're into old films? Since you've done a 1970s, consider one from the 50s biggrin.gif

I've not seen it so can't give my take on it but apparently it's quite a controversially popular film by Kurosawa Akira: Rashomon (1950) 羅生門
It's so popular that the term "Rashomon effect" actually comes from the film.
r2t2
post Mar 30 2020, 07:30 PM

Getting Started
155 posts

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Mar 30 2020, 06:55 PM)
You're into old films? Since you've done a 1970s, consider one from the 50s biggrin.gif

I've not seen it so can't give my take on it but apparently it's quite a controversially popular film by Kurosawa Akira: Rashomon (1950) 羅生門
It's so popular that the term "Rashomon effect" actually comes from the film.
Not really into all classic films, depending on the directors and actors.

Akira Kurosawa is one of them ... ya, watched Rashomon before, during uni days ... actually I watched in university library audio/visual room, on VHS tape sweat.gif, they got a small collection of classic films.

Might post some brief reviews of classic and newer Japanese films that I think can be recommended even for youngsters. e.g. [東京物語] Tokyo Story (1953) and its 2013 [東京家族] Tokyo Family remake; plus Yoji Yamada's [家族はつらいよ] What a Wonderful Family! trilogy (2016-2018). (Haven't watched any of Yamada-sensei's 'Tora-san'/男はつらいよ films though ... now might, since found out he is the director of 幸福の黄色いハンカチ also)

Now mostly into Hirokazu Koreeda's films, started with [幻の光] Maborosi (1995).

This post has been edited by r2t2: Mar 30 2020, 07:35 PM
TSsweet_pez
post Mar 30 2020, 07:37 PM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

QUOTE(r2t2 @ Mar 30 2020, 07:30 PM)
Not really into all classic films, depending on the directors and actors.

Akira Kurosawa is one of them ... ya, watched Rashomon before, during uni days ... actually I watched in university library audio/visual room, on VHS tape sweat.gif, they got a small collection of classic films.

Might post some brief reviews of classic and newer Japanese films that I think can be recommended even for youngsters. e.g. [東京物語] Tokyo Story (1953) and its 2013 [東京家族] Tokyo Family remake; plus Yoji Yamada's [家族はつらいよ] What a Wonderful Family! trilogy (2016-2018).  (Haven't watched any of Yoji-sensei's 'Tora-san'/男はつらいよ films though)

Now mostly into Hirokazu Koreeda's films.
Ah how's Rashomon then? Good? Me too actually, not really into classical films but the story/ concept behind the film sort of intrigues me.

Oh yasssss What a Wonder Family! How can i forget that. It's a good film and I thoroughly enjoyed both the comedy and drama. Part II was both sad yet hilarious in a way, and guess that's the one that takes the cake for me. Okay be looking forward to your review icon_rolleyes.gif

5 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0321sec    0.32    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:07 AM