Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

New user registrations disabled until further notice.

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Experience buying Abandoned house, Experience buying Abandoned house

McLaren01
post May 13 2018, 04:54 PM, updated 2w ago

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Anyone have experience in buying abandoned house. My dad's neighbour house was let abandoned for almost 30years. This cause the environment looks bad.
R4yMoNd
post May 13 2018, 04:58 PM

Group: Senior Member

30 years abandon = re do from the ground.

buying with value of the land minus the demolition cost should be ok
McLaren01
post May 13 2018, 05:21 PM

Getting Started

There is no value for the building. But need to demolish. Clearing n building. Might not big profit.
DesRed
post May 13 2018, 10:07 PM

On my way

QUOTE(McLaren01 @ May 13 2018, 04:54 PM)
Anyone have experience in buying abandoned house. My dad's neighbour house was let abandoned for almost 30years. This cause the environment looks bad.
30 years? ohmy.gif

Sounds like he went bankrupt and fled the country or something. hmm.gif

I'm also interested to know more about this case as back at my hometown, there is an abandoned 2-storey detached house right next to my parents' house. The previous owner was some funeral parlour owner who used this house to store his coffins until a lot of them can be seen at both the front and back of the house. Not sure why he left 2 years ago but I believe one of the reasons are the neighbours around his house complained about seeing his coffins from their backyards.

The house is left uninhabited ever since he left and now there are vegetation growing everywhere and doors and windows are dismantled by looters. I wonder if it was ever auctioned but even if it is, it doesn't seem like there are any takers. Now my parents have to deal with this eyesore next door. sad.gif
empatTan
post May 13 2018, 11:25 PM

Regular

Ekcuali, wat r d laws regarding these eyesores...?
McLaren01
post May 15 2018, 09:15 AM

Getting Started

Yes, there are alot house out there is abandoned and eyesore to neighbours. Is it only way is to go look for local council?
boyslikeboys
post May 15 2018, 09:18 AM

Casual

Big no no.
montyashley80
post May 15 2018, 09:49 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(McLaren01 @ May 13 2018, 04:54 PM)
how do you know that is was abandoned? did it put up a lelong sign?
anything more than 20 yrs will require major renovation so unless it is below market value..may still can consider..

montyashley80
post May 15 2018, 09:52 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(DesRed @ May 13 2018, 10:07 PM)
30 years? ohmy.gif

Sounds like he went bankrupt and fled the country or something. hmm.gif

I'm also interested to know more about this case as back at my hometown, there is an abandoned 2-storey detached house right next to my parents' house. The previous owner was some funeral parlour owner who used this house to store his coffins until a lot of them can be seen at both the front and back of the house. Not sure why he left 2 years ago but I believe one of the reasons are the neighbours around his house complained about seeing his coffins from their backyards.

The house is left uninhabited ever since he left and now there are vegetation growing everywhere and doors and windows are dismantled by looters. I wonder if it was ever auctioned but even if it is, it doesn't seem like there are any takers. Now my parents have to deal with this eyesore next door. sad.gif
if the council or bank put up sign for lelong..then confirm for sale..
most likely that the owner either die or cabut and left his hse behind..
maybe your parent hse can do a bit renovation to cover the wall so it will not be so obvious??
or can report to council if the hse may cause hazard to neighbours..like loose wiring, bushes that attract snakes etc??
Dream007
post May 15 2018, 09:54 AM

QUOTE(montyashley80 @ May 15 2018, 09:52 AM)
if the council or bank put up sign for lelong..then confirm for sale..
most likely that the owner either die or cabut and left his hse behind..
maybe your parent hse can do a bit renovation to cover the wall so it will not be so obvious??
or can report to council if the hse may cause hazard to neighbours..like loose wiring, bushes that attract snakes etc??
dry leaf cause hazard..
Quang1819
post May 15 2018, 09:57 AM

Regular

Better make sure the whole roof is torn down then lol
montyashley80
post May 15 2018, 10:13 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Dream007 @ May 15 2018, 09:54 AM)
dry leaf cause hazard..
yup especially during dry season..easily lit up

QUOTE(Quang1819 @ May 15 2018, 09:57 AM)
Better make sure the whole roof is torn down then lol
haha torn down the roof to scare away the ghost??!! icon_idea.gif watch too much of HKG movies hahaha...

Quang1819
post May 15 2018, 10:15 AM

Regular

QUOTE(montyashley80 @ May 15 2018, 10:13 AM)
yup especially during dry season..easily lit up
haha torn down the roof to scare away the ghost??!!  icon_idea.gif  watch too much of HKG movies hahaha...
Not enough... If it's a two storey building then make sure the first floor tiles is torn down as well. Make sure the sunlight rays to the ground floor icon_idea.gif
montyashley80
post May 15 2018, 10:57 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Quang1819 @ May 15 2018, 10:15 AM)
Not enough... If it's a two storey building then make sure the first floor tiles is torn down as well. Make sure the sunlight rays to the ground floor icon_idea.gif
seriously??!!! might as well torn down the entire building and rebuild hahahaha...
make sure the selling price is damn cheap to cover the renovation cost lo ahahahaha
HELLO HELLO
post May 15 2018, 10:59 AM

Look at all my stars!!

If the place haunted.. effective way is fully torn down the house and flatten it. Let it expose under the hot sun 77 49 days and totally no need any ghost busters or ghost catcher/slayer. Quite effective.. a few sibeh famous haunted houses after did this... the owner stay until today.

Before that... the place keep changing owner. Before torn down, They even tried to rent it out to bangala and mamak try to scare off the bad spirit inside but useless. The mamak told him cannot tahan the kacau also fast fast moved out.

This post has been edited by HELLO HELLO: May 15 2018, 11:07 AM
montyashley80
post May 15 2018, 11:05 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(HELLO HELLO @ May 15 2018, 10:59 AM)
If the place haunted.. effective way is fully torn down the house and flatten it. Let it expose under the hot sun 77 49 days. Quite effective.. a few sibeh famous haunted houses after did this... the owner stay until today.

Before that... the place keep changing owner. Before torn down, They even tried to rent it out to bangala and mamak try to scare off the bad spirit inside but useless. The mamak told him cannot tahan the kacau also fast fast moved out.
hahaha think we are way out from topic coz earlier the TS said abandone...now we chat till it become haunted hse hahaha...
but for some reason when a unit was abandone for a very long time...you will have these goose bump feeling when you enter the unit..anyone had it b4??

McLaren01
post May 15 2018, 12:25 PM

Getting Started

The topic changed from abandoned to hunted house.. fo haunted, normally the house condition still will be reasonable. Those house i mentioned are already partially thorn down. No door, no fence, half of the roof gone. Until one house grow tree on the roof, like angkor wat. And the local councils do not take any action to remove the tree, until one of neighbours do it by him self. Why shold keep these kinds houses if it is hazard to komuniti.
montyashley80
post May 15 2018, 12:35 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(McLaren01 @ May 15 2018, 12:25 PM)
The topic changed from abandoned to hunted house.. fo haunted, normally the house condition still will be reasonable. Those house i mentioned are already partially thorn down.  No door,  no fence, half of the roof gone. Until one house grow tree on the roof, like angkor wat. And the local councils do not take any action to remove the tree, until one of neighbours do it by him self. Why shold keep these kinds houses if it is hazard to komuniti.
sorry for changing the topic...
if is is a hazard can complaint to the council..but need more people to lodge complaint in order for them to take action.
the more people complain, the faster they will act..and if can find their page in FB..complaint there also..
HELLO HELLO
post May 15 2018, 12:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Oh like that ar.... if kalau Ini Macam. Before the pihak kuasa take action... better grow some fruit tree, banana tree or tanam Sayur. Don’t let it totally wasted.

This post has been edited by HELLO HELLO: May 15 2018, 12:41 PM
montyashley80
post May 15 2018, 12:43 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(HELLO HELLO @ May 15 2018, 12:40 PM)
Oh like that ar.... if kalau Ini Macam. Before the pihak kuasa take action... better grow some fruit tree, banana tree or tanam Sayur.
haha..easy for you to say la..imagine going home and saw this rundown place next to your hse everyday..potong steam lo..
also pose hazard like fire, snakes, dengue etc...
last time my friend stay at cheras and this place is well known for ppl to dump old or stolen car one..
they just dumped next to your hse mad.gif
then pecah cermin etc got water retention etc...
my friend cannot tahan complaint to MPAJ..took them about 2 mths to tow away the car..
1st they saman kereta
2nd put notice
3rd but final notice
4th tow kereta..

2 Pages  1 2 >Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0685sec    4.98    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd May 2018 - 10:46 PM