Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Old player visiting wow with a 7 day pass ..., question

views

TSmowlous
post Apr 30 2018, 12:49 PM, updated 6y ago

Casual
492 posts

I got a free 7 day from blizz and just cameback looking around, I don't have the latest expension (legion) so I wonder if its possible to collect 200k gold in a week for lvl100 below char to buy token? Last time I came back for 2 month and able to farm 1 token every 2 weeks. Now seems like crazy impossible.

Is there like rare pet or something at lower lvl that can farm to sell or old dungeon that can make up a fair amount?
helven
post May 7 2018, 01:37 AM

Doko Online
919 posts

Possible / not possible all depends on you play condition, a few factor you have to put into consideration.
- your play time
- are you in a guild that sell raid boss run?
- are you good in playing AH (imho if you have a good trading skill, might as well use it on real world to earn actual Ringgit/USD then pay for sub? Even though some people claim a few clicks in couple of minutes will get you big chunk of money but, each day of sub is less than RM2)
- but you still need to be in max lvl I guess to access certain part of the mats (I might be wrong)

It is about RM2 for a day sub. It is so much easier and more time effective for me to earn actual ringgit to buy the sub than earning in game gold for sub, which cost more time/effort/brain juice.

Just my 2cents
TSmowlous
post May 7 2018, 10:22 AM

Casual
492 posts

QUOTE(helven @ May 7 2018, 01:37 AM)
Possible / not possible all depends on you play condition, a few factor you have to put into consideration.
- your play time
- are you in a guild that sell raid boss run?
- are you good in playing AH (imho if you have a good trading skill, might as well use it on real world to earn actual Ringgit/USD then pay for sub? Even though some people claim a few clicks in couple of minutes will get you big chunk of money but, each day of sub is less than RM2)
- but you still need to be in max lvl I guess to access certain part of the mats (I might be wrong)

It is about RM2 for a day sub. It is so much easier and more time effective for me to earn actual ringgit to buy the sub than earning in game gold for sub, which cost more time/effort/brain juice.

Just my 2cents
That's what a lot of ppl say, the thing is last time I only spend an hour a day and I can farm 2 token in a month, timer just up I sold every old stuff add up to only close to buying 1 token. As for real life money for time many say the same thing, for me if blizz introduce a token concept but made it impossible to even consider farming for it there is no point to top up if you don't have the latest xpac. I've spend about RM5k from school to college till working. RM2 bucks a day certainly not a problem, but the money could be better used on things that bring more joy rather then just graind fest if friends are all not active.
helven
post May 7 2018, 12:41 PM

Doko Online
919 posts

QUOTE(mowlous @ May 7 2018, 10:22 AM)
That's what a lot of ppl say, the thing is last time I only spend an hour a day and I can farm 2 token in a month, timer just up I sold every old stuff add up to only close to buying 1 token. As for real life money for time many say the same thing, for me if blizz introduce a token concept but made it impossible to even consider farming for it there is no point to top up if you don't have the latest xpac. I've spend about RM5k from school to college till working. RM2 bucks a day certainly not a problem, but the money could be better used on things that bring more joy rather then just graind fest if friends are all not active.
Let me break down for you:

I've spend about RM5k from school to college till working
I assume that is maybe 4 years time.
Spending 5k in 3 years is equivalent to 5k in 1460days
RM5000 / 1460days = RM3.42 a day
I bet anyone can earn that amount in a day.

but the money could be better used on things that bring more joy rather then just graind fest if friends are all not active.
If it is not joy for you, why do you still want to play?

Even spending 1 hour a day for 2 token which is equivalent to 2 months sub,
30 hours a month = RM100 subscription
1 hour = RM100 / 30 = RM3.30.

Which means anyone in the world can hire you with RM3.30 an hour? If that's your labour worth then I think it is ok.

Imo you need to reevaluate how much 1 hour in your life worth for you then you'll know if you wanna farm the ingame gold to buy game time so you have more time to farm the token for next month sub. That's what bliz want you to do. And every time you buy a token, blizz profit 5USD from that.
Or you could use the gold farming time to do something else which gives more return, and play the game for the purpose of Joy.

Why many people say the same thing because as a working adult, we all know we not only worth RM3.30 per hour, even bangla labour charge more than that per hour.

This post has been edited by helven: May 7 2018, 12:41 PM
TSmowlous
post May 7 2018, 02:06 PM

Casual
492 posts

QUOTE(helven @ May 7 2018, 12:41 PM)
Let me break down for you:

I've spend about RM5k from school to college till working
I assume that is maybe 4 years time.
Spending 5k in 3 years is equivalent to 5k in 1460days
RM5000 / 1460days = RM3.42 a day
I bet anyone can earn that amount in a day.

but the money could be better used on things that bring more joy rather then just graind fest if friends are all not active.
If it is not joy for you, why do you still want to play?

Even spending 1 hour a day for 2 token which is equivalent to 2 months sub,
30 hours a month = RM100 subscription
1 hour = RM100 / 30 = RM3.30.

Which means anyone in the world can hire you with RM3.30 an hour? If that's your labour worth then I think it is ok.

Imo you need to reevaluate how much 1 hour in your life worth for you then you'll know if you wanna farm the ingame gold to buy game time so you have more time to farm the token for next month sub. That's what bliz want you to do. And every time you buy a token, blizz profit 5USD from that.
Or you could use the gold farming time to do something else which gives more return, and play the game for the purpose of Joy.

Why many people say the same thing because as a working adult, we all know we not only worth RM3.30 per hour, even bangla labour charge more than that per hour.
Didn't come back on purpose. They give free 7 days. And like I said it's not about how much a day I earn. It's the value I get out from that hour. Friend all quit wow long ago. I alone will certainly not have any incentive to play unless you have the goal to build something out of nothing.

I am asking if an hour a day for 7 days still could earn a token or not like some of the players did in the past. Since I have experience it and still consider close to possible but feel the game at this stage offer nothing much other then just graind I'm just gonna spend money and time for something else and wait for next xpac review.
dimensionx
post May 17 2018, 07:07 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(mowlous @ May 7 2018, 02:06 PM)
Didn't come back on purpose. They give free 7 days. And like I said it's not about how much a day I earn. It's the value I get out from that hour. Friend all quit wow long ago. I alone will certainly not have any incentive to play unless you have the goal to build something out of nothing.

I am asking if an hour a day for 7 days still could earn a token or not like some of the players did in the past. Since I have experience it and still consider close to possible but feel the game at this stage offer nothing much other then just graind I'm just gonna spend money and time for something else and wait for next xpac review.
For a fresh level 100 players it is not possible. Because raid or dungeon farming no longer yield good rewards for you to convert into that much gold.

However, for those who have already leveled to 110, and has a fully developed order hall with all the followers quests unlocked, it is definitely possible to generate enough gold for a game token per month, even if you have only one toon. But it takes time to finish all the quests, so with prepatch coming in less than 2 months, it is far too late to do this.
khelben
post Jun 18 2018, 04:44 PM

I love my mum & dad
6,024 posts

QUOTE(mowlous @ May 7 2018, 02:06 PM)

It was possible last time because tokens can't be converted into blizz money so the value was low. You could be a token for 20k to 50k.

The moment they announced that it can be used as blizz money, it shot up to 150k. It's around 210k per token now.

I've made 400k in the past 45 days with just 1 toon. No forming just doing quests and making full use of my professions. I probably play around 2 hours per day on average.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0137sec    0.39    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:46 AM