Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Samsung Pay Unofficial Discussion Thread V2

views

moonsatelite
post May 28 2018, 11:08 AM

Enthusiast
706 posts

QUOTE(hightechgadgets8 @ May 28 2018, 11:06 AM)
havent receive my update

edit: found it under galaxy apps
Go to Galaxy Apps, tap on the 3 dots on the top right and go to the update section and manually update.
moonsatelite
post Jun 7 2018, 01:38 PM

Enthusiast
706 posts

QUOTE(David83 @ Jun 7 2018, 01:28 PM)
Nando's Queensbay said no Wave.
Must use PIN.
Didn't insist to use SPay.
I used Samsung Pay twice there, I firmly insisted and they let me try and the transaction went through, so I just sign on the sales draft cause it used the MST method.
moonsatelite
post Jun 7 2018, 01:52 PM

Enthusiast
706 posts

QUOTE(David83 @ Jun 7 2018, 01:45 PM)
When using MST, does it trigger for PIN?
No PIN, as it already used a Signature for verification.
moonsatelite
post Sep 16 2018, 11:29 AM

Enthusiast
706 posts

QUOTE(Xaser_3 @ Sep 16 2018, 09:41 AM)
So technically can use this hack at all self service kiosk with a card slot. Someone here already tried it at a Petron station. Great stuff 👍👍
I tried it at a Petron station in Penang, the message was "N2 (insert whatever here), No PIN Issued". Unlike the other guy who had no PIN needed, so I still have to use my physical card.

The Cards that I tried with are:

- Standard Chartered

- Citibank
moonsatelite
post Sep 16 2018, 06:24 PM

Enthusiast
706 posts

Just sharing my findings, last time when Samsung Pay was first launched I obtained the virtual card number via another NFC capable phone and tried to use the virtual card number but any online transactions performed was declined.

But now, the virtual card numbers worked.

Experimented cards from,

- Citibank (reached and received the OTP but failed the payment process)

- Hong Leong Bank (reached and received the OTP but failed the payment process)

- Standard Chartered (reached and received the OTP but failed the payment process)

- Maybank (reached and received the OTP but failed the payment process)

- RHB (FAILED)

- CIMB (Failed as Tested by PJng, further testing needed)

- Public Bank (I do not own it/ Can't test)

*No status in brackets means it passed/ works

Wonder can we use it like Privacy.com from the USA, like Citibank, the tokenized card is disabled after the card is removed. So, burner card through Samsung Pay??

More test needed, again. This is just sharing.

This post has been edited by moonsatelite: Sep 17 2018, 12:12 PM
moonsatelite
post Sep 16 2018, 08:15 PM

Enthusiast
706 posts

QUOTE(PJng @ Sep 16 2018, 08:06 PM)
CcV use actual card?
Yes, follow the number behind your actual physical card
moonsatelite
post Sep 16 2018, 08:47 PM

Enthusiast
706 posts

QUOTE(PJng @ Sep 16 2018, 08:37 PM)
Just test on 11st, payment unsuccesfull
CIMB card, i only have one caard
Sorry for your experience, but did it reached the One Time PIN page?
moonsatelite
post Sep 16 2018, 09:33 PM

Enthusiast
706 posts

QUOTE(xcxa23 @ Sep 16 2018, 09:27 PM)
i tried with qoo10, rhb card, failed as well..
after tap, the page jz disappeared..
reported to samsung, until now no reply.. lol
Are you trying with the method I mentioned or you used Samsung Pay directly because Qoo10 supports Samsung Pay. Also, check my post as I have mentioned RHB will fail. Also the test I made is not officially support or anyway mentioned by Samsung, it's a grey area thing.

This post has been edited by moonsatelite: Sep 16 2018, 09:34 PM
moonsatelite
post Sep 16 2018, 10:17 PM

Enthusiast
706 posts

QUOTE(Xaser_3 @ Sep 16 2018, 10:12 PM)
I just tried using on lazada just to test with the virtual card numbers and it failed. Didn't even reach the OTP step. 😅
Funny, under my own test, for all those that I didn't have a bracket remark all reached the OTP page.

Also, example:

Lets say my real card number is 8988

Virtual card number 0001

It will reach the OTP page and the last 4 digits shown on that page will be 8988 even though I have entered 0001 as the card number

moonsatelite
post Sep 16 2018, 10:23 PM

Enthusiast
706 posts

QUOTE(Xaser_3 @ Sep 16 2018, 10:19 PM)
Will try again on other e-commerce site to see how it goes. Keep you guys posted.
I'll try the method after midnight tonight as tomorrow is my statement cycle so I'll pay bills.
moonsatelite
post Oct 30 2018, 01:26 PM

Enthusiast
706 posts

QUOTE(nasiayam @ Oct 30 2018, 11:52 AM)
apparently maybank have issued amex with contactless function, looking forward for it to be added to spay like in the US  rclxm9.gif
Thank you for sharing the info, but is the card that you own a credit card or charge card? Also, I doubt merchants accept the Amex contactless function but you can test it out and let us know of the results. Its a good news to hear.
moonsatelite
post Dec 13 2018, 06:30 PM

Enthusiast
706 posts

QUOTE(David83 @ Dec 13 2018, 06:29 PM)
Unfortunately not supported for HSBC

user posted image
I think HSBC support is coming soon, HSBC Samsung Pay Landing Page
HSBC Samsung Pay Terms and Conditions

This post has been edited by moonsatelite: Dec 13 2018, 06:30 PM
moonsatelite
post Dec 13 2018, 06:55 PM

Enthusiast
706 posts

QUOTE(David83 @ Dec 13 2018, 06:37 PM)
You can also check the SPay app.
If it's supported, the app Notices will say so.

P/S: Just checked. Supported Cards notice in the app is dated 29/01/2018 and HSBC is still not shown.
HSBC is stalling the launch, like Hong Leong Bank. When Samsung Pay first launched in Malaysia, even newspapers mentioned support by Hong Leong Bank but Hong Leong stalled for a LONG time and eventually launched it.
moonsatelite
post Dec 13 2018, 07:00 PM

Enthusiast
706 posts

QUOTE(David83 @ Dec 13 2018, 06:58 PM)
Since you failed to add, doesn't that mean it's not supported right?
Not me, check the thread. It's brought up by "hakkai0810", go and read.
moonsatelite
post Jan 2 2019, 10:02 PM

Enthusiast
706 posts

QUOTE(hakkai0810 @ Dec 13 2018, 07:36 PM)
Yes. i just wanna confirm if HSBC was support spay before or not because i am unsure the HSBC page i look at is outdated info or not. If HSBC never support spay before, this means that HSBC will support spay in "near" future since bank wont have so much free time go build a page for nothing XD
Just a sharing, it seems that HSBC Malaysia has taken down the Samsung Pay landing page on their website as it now shows "404".

But the Terms and Conditions page is still live, you'll just have to hope that HSBC Malaysia does not cancel their decision for Samsung Pay support.

But why use HSBC, so many controversies like Money Laundering in the UK, Switzerland and unfair work policies in Malaysia. They just give me a bad rep from all those news, you could aim for other banks that support Samsung Pay. Citi, Standard Chartered or Maybank (which I really dislike as well) does have good promos for dining & blah blah....
moonsatelite
post Jan 5 2019, 11:55 AM

Enthusiast
706 posts

Have anyone of you guys tried the technique of, "putting a dummy card a.k.a driving license then bring your phone near the card terminal and use MST" at Tenaga Nasional or Telekom kiosks when paying bill payment? Cause when I tried that, it failed miserably not "Card read error" was shown.

Cause I know Petron will read the card data but it's up to the terminal to accept the transaction or not.
moonsatelite
post Jan 10 2019, 11:20 PM

Enthusiast
706 posts

QUOTE(GymBoi @ Jan 10 2019, 10:53 PM)
For me, what I feel that Samsung Pay will never be boring is because I know that through the use of Samsung Pay.

Pros:
- It has convenience of being able to leave most of my cards at home
and bring only 1 backup card so my wallet is slim

- Card security, not having your real card number being shown anywhere is the greatest thing ever for security.

- Points, (so, so, for me) because I am quite frugal. Never reached gold before, only stayed at silver. Once in a while being able to redeem Giant vouchers, Grab, Starbucks is great.

- Cooler than paying via physical card plus physical card contactless is a security nightmare. If you are unaware of cards being "Stolen" (pickpocketing) then the thief can spend RM 250 per day till you realise.

P.S: I don't understand why people are in it (Samsung Pay) only for the rewards, convenience/ security should topped rewards in priority, like the intention of the Koreans by not having to carry so many cards. That's why people thought of Samsung Pay

This post has been edited by moonsatelite: Jan 10 2019, 11:24 PM
moonsatelite
post May 7 2019, 11:30 AM

Enthusiast
706 posts

QUOTE(sylar2000 @ May 7 2019, 11:28 AM)
this must be sound so stupid, but..

how to redeem point from air asia big ?
What NightFelix is trying to mean is that you can store your points as AirAsia Big Points after your farming, then if you want to redeem something from Samsung Rewards, then just import the points back to Samsung Rewards.

This post has been edited by moonsatelite: May 7 2019, 11:31 AM
moonsatelite
post Jun 2 2019, 08:35 PM

Enthusiast
706 posts

QUOTE(andrekua2 @ Jun 2 2019, 08:19 PM)
Btw guys... something I forgot but would like to remind you since it's happening to me again.

Beware when you pay at KFC. Their terminal can retain your payment information if you tapped.

Last week, went to my neighbourhood's kfc. The trainee don't know how to select payment type. Ended up she selected e-wallet and insist I tap. Nothing happened and then supervisor step in. After the right payment method was selected, it straightaway process the payment without requiring me to tap at all. Therefore if you tap, make sure you bought something regardless of tbe amount because it will definitely keep your payment details. I had already been through once in the past and lose a small amount of RM2x. I really hope kfc trained their new staffs better.
I don't understand your situation, Samsung Pay uses a token instead of your real card number and the token is useless for data thieves. Also, you could file a dispute to your card issuing bank to dispute the charges, I was also charged a random amount by KFC but was credited back after a few days of the report.

Also, like most chain restaurants, they keep your card number for dispute purposes or for something else.
moonsatelite
post Jul 17 2019, 04:24 PM

Enthusiast
706 posts

QUOTE(kopikaukau @ Jul 17 2019, 03:40 PM)
For BHP can tap at the pump? How's the process? Key in amount then tap then lift nozzle is it?
From my experience, first insert your BHP card then just activate your card in pay mode (30 sec countdown) and tap on the reader with the green LED, make sure the phone's NFC pad is aligned well or else it'll decline (often happen to me).

No need for any button presses unlike Caltex

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0273sec    0.39    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:06 AM