Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Airie @ Bandar Seri Damansara, Good for own stay?

views

TSbat11
post Apr 23 2018, 12:45 PM, updated 6y ago

Enthusiast
860 posts

Hi, recently came across The Airie @ BSD. Anybody have any opinion for this project if for own stay?

Thank you!
BEANCOUNTER
post Apr 23 2018, 01:42 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

There is existing thread here i think.
gks
post Apr 23 2018, 02:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,781 posts

QUOTE(bat11 @ Apr 23 2018, 12:45 PM)
Hi, recently came across The Airie @ BSD. Anybody have any opinion for this project if for own stay?

Thank you!
If you have rm2m + budget and willing to spend on 3.5 storeys with 23+10ft configuration..... And want hilltop gng in Bandar Sri damansarara
TSbat11
post Apr 23 2018, 06:17 PM

Enthusiast
860 posts

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Apr 23 2018, 01:42 PM)
There is existing thread here i think.
I think the existing thread is removed. Not active
TSbat11
post Apr 23 2018, 06:18 PM

Enthusiast
860 posts

QUOTE(gks @ Apr 23 2018, 02:00 PM)
If you have rm2m + budget and willing to spend on 3.5 storeys with 23+10ft configuration..... And want hilltop gng in Bandar Sri damansarara
Just considering. Need to see the house first.... Thanks for your input.
gks
post Apr 23 2018, 06:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,781 posts

The whole setup is nice. if you like zenia I think you will like Airie as well.

Airie is more generous in built up with SMD concept where else Zenia is of course... DPC.... That's say it all...

yes you need to visit the house... I only visited selectively few l but was told some can be quite dark due to the orientation and facing.

This post has been edited by gks: Apr 23 2018, 06:35 PM
aspartame
post Apr 23 2018, 06:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,165 posts

QUOTE(gks @ Apr 23 2018, 06:34 PM)

Airie is more generous in built up with SMD concept where else Zenia is of course... DPC.... That's say it all...

yes you need to visit the house... I only visited selectively few l but was told some can be quite dark due to the orientation and facing.
Any idea how's the occupancy? VP since?
BEANCOUNTER
post Apr 23 2018, 10:51 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

The thing i like abt airie is the hidden entry. When you arrived to yr house, the front facade is not revealed until you enter pass the small door.

Of course yr visitors need to park rather far away from yr house if you already have 3 cars.

Some units entrances are not that nice and some units just back facing nkve.
TSbat11
post Apr 23 2018, 10:52 PM

Enthusiast
860 posts

QUOTE(gks @ Apr 23 2018, 06:34 PM)

Hi, thanks for the insight!!! I like Zenia but I am very particular with the house with good sunlight exposure. If not, will be like living in the valley of the shadow... Hahahaha
blancpain4470
post Feb 4 2019, 03:38 AM

Regular
1,063 posts

I just bought an unit of Airie so I can summarize the pluses and minuses of the property. Mine is 3 1/2 semi d unit with a build up area of 4285sf. It is a massive glass house with some land (not a whole lot but enough for us).

Pluses
1. Modern design with lots of glass. I don't understand why some commented that some of the units can be dark because that's not possible! You need a lot of curtains nevertheless.

2. Huge build up area with large size bedroom. To be honest I have hard time to decide which will be the master bedroom other than the so called master bedroom has big bath room and a balcony.

3. Car porch can park 3 may be 4 cars and it is one level below the garden deck eg. Main floor. So most of the time you won't see cars when you are home. Good for family with small kids.

4. Low density with a total of 79 units of only semi d and bungalows. So it is a quiet and exclusive neighborhood. Guarded and gated of course

5. Decent facility with a small pool and gym.

6. The parcel has 50% green area. This combined with higher level of the land you can feel the air is cool and fresh especially in the morning.

Minuses
1. Some units "nearer" to NKVE. Noise can be heard outside. My unit I can hardly hear inside the house even it is empty. With air-conditioning on, TV and others it should be ok though. But some may not like this for RM2mil + houses

2. Some units are "near" to high tension cable. But they are not really that near to me. Actually only unit 77, 78 and 79 are a bit close to HTC. Again some may be bothered by this.

3. My main complain (but outvoted by wifey and kids 😂): 3 1/2 storey house with no room at ground floor. No bath room at the smaller foyer/reception floor immediately upon entering the house. This means a lot of stairs climbing. Ask me when I am 65 how I feel!

4. Maintenance is about 850 currently but will be about 1k soon. Depends on how you look at this... Desa Parkcity is more expensive and but this one has minimum facility. This one is low density and exclusive. You pay for exclusiveness.

5. The drive way to my house is not straight forward and if you are drunk while driving you may end up in some one's house! Part of the road with sharp corners although you hardly see any traffic.

6. Limited visitor parking 20+ but we are no social butterflies so that's fine with us 😂

Overall ... I love the very modern design and built. Sri Damansara is a great and understated neighborhood. The property is located and sits against a hill with high elevation. More importantly the wifey and kids are happy with it.

This post has been edited by blancpain4470: Mar 23 2019, 12:04 PM
nookie188
post Feb 4 2019, 09:35 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,515 posts

its quite a nice development esp low dense , large built ups but my main grouses are the surroundings and the
amount of climbing one would need to do to get from one space to another..a lift would be great!

also recently there was a large sink hole that appeared at the entrance - ok that to me is worrying ...very worrying indeed..
blancpain4470
post Feb 4 2019, 10:55 AM

Regular
1,063 posts

QUOTE(nookie188 @ Feb 4 2019, 09:35 AM)
its quite a nice development esp low dense , large built ups but my main grouses are the surroundings and the
amount of climbing one would need to do to get from one space to another..a lift would be great!

also recently there was a large sink hole that appeared at the entrance - ok that to me is worrying ...very worrying indeed..
There is a space for lift so money is the only issue! 😂
As per the large sinkhole it is near the guard house and far from my house. MPPJ is repairing it. I am willing to take a chance on this.
I saw the bungalow unit and is so beautiful but unfortunately I don't have enough beautiful money for bungalow
BEANCOUNTER
post Feb 4 2019, 12:34 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

lets me share my 1sen view:-

house proper is 23' wide. Too narrow to even call it a smd…..
and there are two big 'tiangs' in the BU area.....not really an open plan concept. it also makes decorating difficult.

the house is vertical home and on each floor, its only catered for limited functionality for each floor. You tend to lose your children within the house (or your wife). Good for people that put high priority on own privacy.

you are buying subsale, hence you can view and shop for sum sui units. imagine those bought off plan. some units are so close to the artery inner road, its not funny.

you were right abt entertaining guests. this house is not designed to welcome guests....unless a very small dinner party of less than 3 cars.

those units that back facing NKVE is really no joke...

access to Airie also need to pass thru flats. not exactly a welcome sign of coming to luxury estate.

what I like

The car porch area with small door then you enter the house's proper foyer before living lounge. This part I like the most.

BEANCOUNTER
post Feb 4 2019, 12:36 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

QUOTE(nookie188 @ Feb 4 2019, 09:35 AM)

its not low density. just a small development. density per acre is not that low.
blancpain4470
post Feb 4 2019, 12:47 PM

Regular
1,063 posts

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Feb 4 2019, 12:36 PM)
its not low density. just a small development. density per acre is not that low.
Lol. May be technically you are right ... but with only 79 units of bungalows and semi d, there are really very few families around. I hardly see people or cars when I was there.

In addition there are about 30% of vacant units. Some are currently on sale listing; some owners are not selling and not staying (because they are losing money).
BEANCOUNTER
post Feb 4 2019, 12:56 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

QUOTE(blancpain4470 @ Feb 4 2019, 12:47 PM)
Lol. May be technically you are right ... but with only 79 units of bungalows and semi d, there are really very few families around. I hardly see people or cars when I was there.

In addition there are about 30% of vacant units. Some are currently on sale listing; some owners are not selling and not staying (because they are losing money).
I dun have the stats of how many units vacant, how many are on rent and how many are indeed own stay....therefore I wont be putting any solid figures here.

lets just say only....take Zenia in DPC as comparison....part of Zenia is similar to Airie, where car park and porch underneath or below garden area...….these homes are the least appreciated amongst all landed homes in DPC.

you got the drill.

blancpain4470
post Feb 4 2019, 01:02 PM

Regular
1,063 posts

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Feb 4 2019, 12:34 PM)
lets me share my 1sen view:-

house proper is 23' wide. Too narrow to even call it a smd…..
and there are two big 'tiangs' in the BU area.....not really an open plan concept. it also makes decorating difficult.

the house is vertical home and on each floor, its only catered for limited functionality for each floor. You tend to lose your children within the house (or your wife). Good for people that put high priority on own privacy.

you are buying subsale, hence you can view and shop for sum sui units. imagine those bought off plan. some units are so close to the artery inner road, its not funny.

you were right abt entertaining guests. this house is not designed to welcome guests....unless a very small dinner party of less than 3 cars.

those units that back facing NKVE is really no joke...

access to Airie also need to pass thru flats. not exactly a welcome sign of coming to luxury estate.

what I like

The car porch area with small door then you enter the house's proper foyer before living lounge. This part I like the most.
Valid comments. However the pillars were there because they are needed to support the expansive glass all over the house. To me it is not an issue as per decoration.

I could be wrong but I don't think it is only 23' wide. Anyway there is so much space in this house that is very comfortable with some outside lawn that is enough for my needs.

As per passing through flats before reaching the property, it doesn't bother me. Who cares as long as the road is ok. But if one is concerned with this then it is sure not for the person.
ManutdGiggs
post Feb 4 2019, 01:14 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,543 posts

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Feb 4 2019, 12:34 PM)
what I like

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Feb 4 2019, 12:56 PM)

lets just say only....take Zenia in DPC as comparison....part of Zenia is similar to Airie, where car park and porch underneath or below garden area...….these homes are the least appreciated amongst all landed homes in DPC.

you got the drill.
BEANCOUNTER
post Feb 4 2019, 01:23 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

QUOTE(blancpain4470 @ Feb 4 2019, 01:02 PM)
Valid comments. However the pillars were there because they are needed to support the expansive glass all over the house. To me it is not an issue as per decoration.

I could be wrong but I don't think it is only 23' wide. Anyway there is so much space in this house that is very comfortable with some outside lawn that is enough for my needs.

As per passing through flats before reaching the property, it doesn't bother me. Who cares as long as the road is ok. But if one is concerned with this then it is sure not for the person.
yours is

Type A
Width 22.43' or thereabout (7000mm)
total units 44 (the most in Airie estate)
BU 4285sq
5+1 beds
6+1 baths

This post has been edited by BEANCOUNTER: Feb 4 2019, 01:24 PM
TSbat11
post Feb 4 2019, 01:42 PM

Enthusiast
860 posts

QUOTE(blancpain4470 @ Feb 4 2019, 03:38 AM)
I just bought an unit of Airie so I can summarize the pluses and minuses of the property.  Mine is 3 1/2 semi d unit with a build up area of 4285sf. It is a massive glass house with some land (not a whole lot but enough for us).

Pluses
1. Modern design with lots of glass. I don't understand why some commented that some of the units can be dark because that's not possible! You need a lot of curtains nevertheless.

2. Huge build up area with large size bedroom. To be honest I have hard time to decide which will be the master bedroom other than the so called master bedroom has big bath room and a balcony.

3. Car porch can park 3 may be 4 cars and it is one level below the garden deck eg. Main floor. So most of the time you won't see cars when you are home. Good for family with small kids.

4. Low density with a total of 79 units of only semi d and bungalows. So it is a quiet and exclusive neighborhood. Guarded and gated of course

5. Decent facility with a small pool and gym.
Minuses
1. Some units "nearer" to NKVE. Noise can be heard outside. My unit I can hardly hear inside the house even it is empty. With air-conditioning on, TV and others it should be ok though. But some may not like this for RM2mil + houses

2. Some units are "near" to high tension cable. But they are not really that near to me. Again some may be bothered by this.

3. My main complain (but outvoted by wifey and kids 😂): 3 1/2 storey house with no room at ground floor. No bath room at the smaller foyer/reception floor immediately upon entering the house. This means a lot of stairs climbing. Ask me when I am 65 how I feel!

4. Maintenance is about 850 currently but will be about 1k soon. Depends on how you look at this... Desa Parkcity is more expensive and but this one has minimum facility. This one is low density and exclusive. You pay for exclusiveness.

5. The drive way to my house is not straight forward and if you are drunk while driving you may end up in some one's house! Part of the road with sharp corners although you hardly see any traffic.

6. Limited visitor parking 20+ but we are no social butterflies so that's fine with us 😂
Overall ... I love the very modern design and built. Sri Damansara is a great and understated neighborhood. The property is located and sits against a hill with high elevation. More importantly the wifey and kids are happy with it.
Hi well said. Thanks for sharing. Alrie is one of my sum sui development also due to its low dense, exclusivity and modern design. I still in the hunting mode. Either here or DPC... Mind to share how much u bought this unit?

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0169sec    0.20    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:49 AM