Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

V12Evo2 vs Fleva V701, Almost similar in price range but...

views

a.h.wan
post Sep 25 2018, 02:52 AM

12 posts

i’m using advan fleva right now and i fully agree except that it deserves higher score on wet grip. i’ll probably give it an 8.5-9. it’s a freaking revelation especially when my last set was the re003. but that’s about it. noise is terrible. dry grip is sad. comfort i don’t care coz i’m on a stiff suspension setup anyway. never tried v12e2 though. always no stock for my size.

QUOTE(ReVolVolution @ Apr 22 2018, 06:59 PM)
I’m giving my feedback here to those who are contemplating on getting either Yokohama Fleva V701 OR Hankook Ventus V12 evo 2. Hence, allow me to give my 2 pennies worth as I have used BOTH tyres!

Yokohama Fleva V701 (used for 1 year, below 7K kms)
- quietness 5/10
It’s quite quiet at first when you install (I do mean quite only) but the tyre noise gets louder as the tyre ages to the point where the tyres are no longer considered as QUIET tyres as most people proclaims.

- grip 5/10
Did some rounds to GENTING and the tyres just squeals as almost every corner. Not so confidence here.

- wet grip 7/10
Well, perhaps it shines here but not by much as I didn’t encounter any aquaplanning.

- comfort 6.5/10
Because of the stiffer side walls (at least to my point of view) the comfort is sacrificed a little here.

Overall 5.5/10
With the price below the premium tyres such as PS4 etc, it’s quite predictable that you don’t expect much from these tyres. What annoys me the most is the tyre noise. I used to use S drive last time and I had to change the tyres after 2K kms because of the unbearable road noise. I must say that these Fleva which is a replacement of S drive is not much better.
Hankook Ventus V12evo2 K120 (used for 6 months, below 4K kms)
- quietness 8/10
Now I know that some test shown that the Fleva and V12 dB is about the same but I feel that the V12s are much quieter tyres.

- grip 7/10
Good grip no drama here. Although I have not tried going up GENTING but I did a high speed test and it performs well.

- wet grip 7/10
Although some users commented that these tyres don’t perform well in wet, I believe it’s about the same as Fleva. So, am satisfied with it.

- comfort 7.5/10
The side walls are perhaps a tad less stiff than Fleva. Hence, comfort is better. It absorbs uneven roads better.

Overall 7.5/10
I’m comparing both Fleva and V12s here and I find that the V12s are a tad cheaper than Fleva but it performs much better than Fleva. Therefore, I would recommend buyers who are in a dilemma on choosing V12s or Fleva, just go for V12s.
Disclaimer : My comments above is based on my own personal usage and is not paid by any companies to promote or discuss on their tyres.  icon_rolleyes.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0175sec    0.39    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:32 AM