Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Modafinil, How Far you will go to gain back focus

views

TSsyahexplode
post Jan 26 2018, 04:20 PM, updated 7y ago

2 posts

Hello, had anyone here try modafinil? the pill that can make us increase our mental focus and alert for a long time, well its main purpose is not for cognitive anhancer. but for off label use its can increase our focus. for me its hard to gain focus in this techo life with smartphone, computer etc..i try to make my butter coffee, but not as good as bulletproff coffee. if anyone have a same passion like me come and share your story thumbsup.gif
raphaelk
post Jan 26 2018, 11:38 PM

3 posts

alert! p/s: my english is so good *sarcasm*, but whatever i will tried to write in english either, theres a "proverb" said "you learn more by practicing" so yeah biggrin.gif

no story but heres my advices.

here my advices.

1) i suggest you to not to take modafinil (thinking you could focused more by taking modafinil? nah *being prejudice over here* , it might be a placebo effect) take 1 cup of coffee is enough, sleepy? take cold shower or take a nap for 15mins)

2) you might want to try practice meditate. well at least, 5 mins a day is enough i think. (default mode for your brain!)

3)consume less sugar or non at all, yes avoid candy while you read or tried to learn something new aka reading HOW-TO books biggrin.gif . (chemical reaction in your brain, dopamine triggered by the taste of SUGAR, taste delicious, yummy! yummy means more brain activies in your brain)

4)avoid looking up for smartphone when you wake up (first things you do when you wake up is checking notifications, could trigger anxiety because you was waiting for notifications since the night you sleep, if you said you not checking for notifications youre a liar! then why the heck you checking your phone? wanted to check time on your phone? buy wall clock instead, its like a "morning GIFT" and the next day you wake up you get none, ANXIETY TRIGGERED!)

5) avoid shaking your legs when you studying, reading, or writing. (self explanation, SWEATING!)

6) plan activity for the next day you wake up. (decision fatigue *ehem* pls google) avoid unconscious time wasting activities, without you realized you just spend 10mins of instagram scrolling.

7) avoid consume too much information (see below)
Digital Dementia[B]
Reliance on devices can lead to issues with memory and cognitive skills dubbed “digital dementia"

less information means more focus on important topic.

there you go thumbup.gif

btw, whats your passion?

hit me up! if you found out my english writing skill is "amazing"! goodluck thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by raphaelk: Jan 27 2018, 12:10 AM
uncleraymond
post Jan 27 2018, 12:01 AM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(raphaelk @ Jan 26 2018, 11:38 PM)
alert! p/s: my english is so good *sarcasm*, but whatever i will tried to write in english either, theres a "proverb" said "you learn more by practicing" so yeah biggrin.gif 

no story but heres my advices.

here my advices.

1) i suggest you to not to take modafinil (thinking you could focused more by taking modafinil? nah *being prejudice over here* , it might be placebo effect) take 1 cup of coffee is enough, sleepy? take cold shower or take a nap for 15mins)

2) you might want to try practice meditate. well at least, 5 mins a day is enough i think. (default mode for your brain!)

3)consume less sugar or non at all, yes avoid candy while you read or tried to learn something new aka reading HOW-TO books  biggrin.gif . (chemical reaction in your brain, dopamine triggered by the taste of SUGAR, taste delicious, yummy! yummy means more brain activies in your brain)

4)avoid looking up for smartphone when you wake up (first things you do when you wake up is checking notifications, could trigger anxiety because you was waiting for notifications since the night you sleep, if you said you not checking for notifications youre a liar! then why the heck you checking your phone? wanted to check time on your phone? buy wall clock instead, its like a "morning GIFT" and the next day you wake up you get none, ANXIETY TRIGGERED!)

5) avoid shaking your legs when you studying, reading, or writing. (self explanation, SWEATING!)

6) plan activity for the next day you wake up. (decision fatigue *ehem* pls google) avoid unconscious time wasting activities, without you realized you just spend 10mins of instagram scrolling.

7) avoid consume too much information (see below)
Digital Dementia[B]

less information means more focus on important topic.

there you go  thumbup.gif

btw, whats your passion?

hit me up! if you found out my english writing skills is amazing! goodluck  thumbsup.gif
agreed... i also time myself and count to check how long i last b4 i loose count. training my focus "muscle". no different as going to gym
buysellaccount
post Feb 2 2018, 07:06 PM

Getting Started
125 posts

i've taken modafinil before. it goes by the trade name modalert in malaysia. it's nothing special. you're not getting any superpowers of any sort. if you don't feel like opening a book without modafinil, you won't feel like opening a book with modafinil.

imagine getting a night worth of good sleep. that's what modafinil feels like minus the the body feeling rested. nothing else. it just keeps you awake. that is all.

if you're looking for the obsessive one pointed state of mind to get things done, what you want is adderall and unfortunately, you can't get it in malaysia.

if you're thinking of taking up meditation, the first 15 minutes is all you need provided you're following proper techniques like basic samatha. the end result is that you have less stray thoughts and your reaction to emotion is blunted. still wouldn't help with helping you do what you do not want to do. anything more than 15 minutes and you're chasing after mind states which is fun but actually requires months worth of consistent effort. it feels good but again, wouldn't help with making you do what you do not want to do.
toMochika27
post May 4 2018, 03:25 PM

Getting Started
295 posts

Heya!

I've taken it before, though I would not recommend it to anybody, you need a good enough sleep everyday.

Modafinil gives you focus and lessen your need to sleep, but of course it does not give you any motivation. You simply do not feel the need to sleep, BUT, you actually do feel tired. That means, if you are doing sports the whole day, you are still gonna feel the fatigue, but you won't feel sleepy.

Use it at your caution.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0106sec    0.32    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:20 PM