Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Unifi Installer charge, is this extortion?

views

SUSforthepeople
post Dec 9 2017, 09:25 PM, updated 7y ago

36 posts

I recently installed Maxis Fibre 30mbps and had to pay rm350 for the "custom" installation by TM installer.
the maxis (maxpert) is there as well, and they both seem to know each other well based on their chit chats that i hear.

the funny thing is this "custom" installation had to be done because apparently there is no pathway from the underground
manhole to my house. they said they cannot find the hole. i tried to check myself but what do i know about these things?

and the custom installation too, is just
- 3 holes drilled.
- laying down the wire and secure with wire holders.

for RM350!!!!

no cement, no construction work of any kind. for such things i can do for anyone for free. i just don't get it why the companies
like TM and Maxis does not define this "custom" installation properly and left it as "grey area". it opens up to corruption and extortion
towards the customers. sure its a one-off payment, but rm350 for such job is cutthroat.

SilentVampire
post Dec 10 2017, 10:42 AM

Networking Enthusiast
5,706 posts

QUOTE(forthepeople @ Dec 9 2017, 09:25 PM)
I recently installed Maxis Fibre 30mbps and had to pay rm350 for the "custom" installation by TM installer.
the maxis (maxpert) is there as well, and they both seem to know each other well based on their chit chats that i hear.

the funny thing is this "custom" installation had to be done because apparently there is no pathway from the underground
manhole to my house. they said they cannot find the hole. i tried to check myself but what do i know about these things?

and the custom installation too, is just
- 3 holes drilled.
- laying down the wire and secure with wire holders.

for RM350!!!!

no cement, no construction work of any kind. for such things i can do for anyone for free. i just don't get it why the companies
like TM and Maxis does not define this "custom" installation properly and left it as "grey area". it opens up to corruption and extortion
towards the customers. sure its a one-off payment, but rm350 for such job is cutthroat.
Hey bro, sorry to hear that. See here for more info on non-standard installation:

https://www.tm.com.my/OnlineHelp/Documents/...nstallation.pdf

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K_db2L7AZk4

Is your connection stable though?
magnesium
post Dec 10 2017, 10:51 AM

Regular
1,130 posts

they charge base on cabling meter run

u should measure how long the cabling and come back here
SilentVampire
post Dec 10 2017, 01:36 PM

Networking Enthusiast
5,706 posts

QUOTE(magnesium @ Dec 10 2017, 10:51 AM)

Yes, you are right bro. That’s why I gave him the two links so he can figure out for himself what should be the appropriate charge and if he did indeed get cutthroat according to him.
SUSforthepeople
post Jan 16 2018, 07:48 AM

36 posts

QUOTE(magnesium @ Dec 10 2017, 10:51 AM)

The cabling to the TM box is right behind my house. tongue.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0123sec    0.08    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:31 AM