i am in the look for a new 65" TV and as usual, i need recommendation. My budget need not to exceed 4.5k, but if the offer is too good, can stretch a bit laa. I have a few TVs in mind after some recce session which i get for max 4.5k. Maybe some user can tell their experience or some sifu can tell pros n cons of each TV, as i have read thru reviews and still cant make up my mind. I am still open to other offers.
So here what i have in mind.
1. Samsung RU7400 - with 5 years extended warranty
- not sure pros and cons, the shop just suggested me this. I know this is VA Panel. Not a fan, but most prefer this over IPS because of better contrast.
2. Sony X8000G - with 5 years extended warranty
- not sure pros and cons, but it is cheaper than above by 100+. not sure VA or IPS but i think this is android TV. Not sure weather i need the ATV function or not.
3. LG UM7600 - with 5 years extended warranty
- Tops my list just because of the IPS Panel. Not sure the "grayish" black will annoy me or not.
4. Panasonic GX740 - 2 years warranty only (5k++ if want to extend warranty)
- Interested with the Dolby Vision offered + IPS. As many here suggested the GX800, im not sure what the diff with this model. Cant find the differences. I wish someone knew where to get this with 5 yrs warranty under my budget.
5. Sony X8500F - Display unit with 5 years warranty (4y++ warranty left)
- Well its the cheapest from all and it looks like 1 step higher model compare to the rest just because its 2018 model. My worries its a display unit but the warranty give a bit of ease, its 5 yrs Sony warranty.
My TV usage will mostly be only on Netflix, and occasional Astro and PS4 Pro. I spend most of my days working and browsing on PC/laptop only but since im getting a new TV, why not having the best within my budget. I really not sure the use of ATV so im dunno weather to pick SMART or Android TV. Most i heard is Android TV will lag, unsure how true is that.
that's all so far, i hope sifus can help.
2. Sony X8000G is IPS panel